• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Sam Gagner already had a broken jaw and he's struggled this season, but I don't know if there's something else wrong with him

I just don't see Gagner being a good fit in LA, to tell you the truth, I think Yakupov would be a better fit on the wing setting up for one-timers on the PP just like OV on the Caps. I'm no fan of the Yakster, but he has a bullet of a shot.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see Gagner being a good fit in LA, to tell you the truth, I think Yakupov would be a better fit on the wing setting up for one-timers on the PP just like OV on the Caps. I'm no fan of the Yakster, but he has a bullet of a shot.

All I hope is that the Kings don't move Tyler Toffoli and don't move any of the main guys in the forward group - I'd gladly give up a first round pick to get some offense

Do you think Brad Boyes would be a good fit on the Kings? He makes $1 million this season and has 15 goals I think

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I hope is that the Kings don't move Tyler Toffoli and don't move any of the main guys in the forward group - I'd gladly give up a first round pick to get some offense

Do you think Brad Boyes would be a good fit on the Kings? He makes $1 million this season and has 15 goals I think

Brad Boyes is definitely a Darryl Sutter type player, but he's so damn streaky. When he's on, he looks really good, but he goes through spells where he's invisible. I think Boyes will be moved at the trade deadline because of that attractive price tag though.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Boyes is definitely a Darryl Sutter type player, but he's so damn streaky. When he's on, he looks really good, but he goes through spells where he's invisible. I think Boyes will be moved at the trade deadline because of that attractive price tag though.

Well, think of it this way - he has as many goals as he does, on a Panthers team that doesn't have a ton of play makers - he might be even better with better players around him - if it wasn't for his offense the Panthers might be last in the East, honestly

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let Portzline know ;) Him and Rossi can duke it out...loser has to retire.

But they are both losers.

Speaking of the twatwaffle, he is saying that the Jarmo has been heavy on the phones and wants to announce a deal before the Olympic freeze to give the new player a chance to come in and get settled.

JD was in New York at a Rangers function, and Jarmo has been at both Canes and Blues games.

Of course it's Twatwaffle, so it could mean that he walked by Jarmo's office while he was trying to dial the mongolian Barbecue place on Nationwide Blvd.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they are both losers.

Speaking of the twatwaffle, he is saying that the Jarmo has been heavy on the phones and wants to announce a deal before the Olympic freeze to give the new player a chance to come in and get settled.

JD was in New York at a Rangers function, and Jarmo has been at both Canes and Blues games.

Of course it's Twatwaffle, so it could mean that he walked by Jarmo's office while he was trying to dial the mongolian Barbecue place on Nationwide Blvd.

Part 1: extraordinarily accurate statement

I can just envision him on the phone trying to haggle over prices and it being completely misunderstood.

"No, I want #2...the lunch special. What do you mean it's no longer available? Look, I'm willing to bargain with you here...what? You're really not going to budge from that? That's REALLY your final answer?"

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the rumored deal with the Wings that the Canucks had for Edler and when was it ??? was it last year at the draft?

and who is inviolved in this most current Edler to the Wings rumour?

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a Jackets fan site that is pushing the idea that Thomas should come to the Jackets. Their rationale:
- He has won a cup
- He is friends with Nathan Horton.

Hardy Astrom could have won a cup with that Bruins team, and NHL players are not frat boys. I am so sick of "This guy played with that guy once so THEY MUST WANT TO BE ON THE SAME TEAM NOW!"

If Tim Thomas comes to Columbus, I will break off Jared Boll's leg and beat Timmay to death with it.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a Jackets fan site that is pushing the idea that Thomas should come to the Jackets. Their rationale:
- He has won a cup

Hardy Astrom could have won a cup with that Bruins team, and NHL players are not frat boys. I am so sick of "This guy played with that guy once so THEY MUST WANT TO BE ON THE SAME TEAM NOW!"

If Tim Thomas comes to Columbus, I will break off Jared Boll's leg and beat Timmay to death with it.

Dude had a .938 SV% during that season and won the Conn Smythe Trophy in the postseason. It's not like he was a passenger.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude had a .938 SV% during that season and won the Conn Smythe Trophy in the postseason. It's not like he was a passenger.

But I hate him and I will continue to mock him mercilessly.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- He has won a cup

Boston wouldn't have won without Tim Thomas - they needed three game 7's in that playoffs - they don't win without him

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really starting to wonder if these Ryan Callahan rumors are being fabricated through the media - it is out of hand now

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanek-Pittsburgh rumors make me a little angry. Not happening.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did he go to High School?

I believe he once dated Sidney Crosby's mother's cousin's hairdresser's niece. Vanek for a dozen of Ray Shero's best chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, Sidney Crosby's lucky jock strap, and Mama Malkin's borscht recipe.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gotten the impression lately that the Kings need help on defense too - I would love to see them get Dan Girardi if any way possible - I'd love a shut down guy with Drew Doughty - too many different guys are playing with him, need one guy who can play with him - DD needs to be unleashed offensively, there's no reason with his talent level and what he's done in the past that he can't be the best defenseman in the league - they need him to be big and need his offense considering they're lacking it up front - if they can get a guy like Girardi, putting him with DD let's DD become a huge offensive threat and Girardi can seal things up defensively - then it allows Slava Voynov to play second pairing with Willie Mitchell and then you can rotate Robyn Regehr & Matt Greene with Alec Martinez

Then maybe you can trade Jake Muzzin to get help offensively or get picks back for that matter

It will be tough for the Kings to improve their offense by trading for just a forward - there's not big impact players available that could really make the Kings better

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gotten the impression lately that the Kings need help on defense too - I would love to see them get Dan Girardi if any way possible - I'd love a shut down guy with Drew Doughty - too many different guys are playing with him, need one guy who can play with him - DD needs to be unleashed offensively, there's no reason with his talent level and what he's done in the past that he can't be the best defenseman in the league - they need him to be big and need his offense considering they're lacking it up front - if they can get a guy like Girardi, putting him with DD let's DD become a huge offensive threat and Girardi can seal things up defensively - then it allows Slava Voynov to play second pairing with Willie Mitchell and then you can rotate Robyn Regehr & Matt Greene with Alec Martinez

Then maybe you can trade Jake Muzzin to get help offensively or get picks back for that matter

It will be tough for the Kings to improve their offense by trading for just a forward - there's not big impact players available that could really make the Kings better

Girardi wont be traded. And he wont make FA, don't you worry.