• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
babydragon with a gem

Ladd and Kane for Kesler and Edler

/caman jets ... help a brutha out

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gotten the impression lately that the Kings need help on defense too - I would love to see them get Dan Girardi if any way possible - I'd love a shut down guy with Drew Doughty - too many different guys are playing with him, need one guy who can play with him - DD needs to be unleashed offensively, there's no reason with his talent level and what he's done in the past that he can't be the best defenseman in the league - they need him to be big and need his offense considering they're lacking it up front - if they can get a guy like Girardi, putting him with DD let's DD become a huge offensive threat and Girardi can seal things up defensively - then it allows Slava Voynov to play second pairing with Willie Mitchell and then you can rotate Robyn Regehr & Matt Greene with Alec Martinez

Then maybe you can trade Jake Muzzin to get help offensively or get picks back for that matter

It will be tough for the Kings to improve their offense by trading for just a forward - there's not big impact players available that could really make the Kings better

I am sure the Jackets would have traded you Cody Golubef for Ben Scrivens a few months ago.

He has a boat load of upside, he was just made expendable when they drafted Murray. He's going to be a good Defenseman for a long time.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure the Jackets would have traded you Cody Golubef for Ben Scrivens a few months ago.

He has a boat load of upside, he was just made expendable when they drafted Murray. He's going to be a good Defenseman for a long time.

I don't think the Kings are looking for future, they're looking for right now

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'd be a pretty good deal in general. Jets would be sacrificing youth with Kane, however. Still an interesting idea.

Just my opinion, but the Jets would be getting raked over the coals in that deal (I would argue that the Jets are giving up the two best players in that swap).

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a sweet deal for the 'Nucks.

That'd be a pretty good deal in general. Jets would be sacrificing youth with Kane, however. Still an interesting idea.

it would be highway robbery for the canucks ... and as they just mentioned on the radio good luck getting Edler/Kesler to waive their NTC's to got to Winnipeg

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but the Jets would be getting raked over the coals in that deal (I would argue that the Jets are giving up the two best players in that swap).

yup ... stay up and watch some more canucks games guys and gals lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be highway robbery for the canucks ... and as they just mentioned on the radio good luck getting Edler/Kesler to waive their NTC's to got to Winnipeg

Gillis went full Dutter with the NTC's and you never want to go full Dutter.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gillis went full Dutter with the NTC's and you never want to go full Dutter.

a distinction here

like i said before ... guys took below market at the time to sign here and in return got NTC's

I think dutter signed guys ABOVE market PLUS he gave out the NTCS :nod:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you believe Botchy ... Elder has already waived his NTC to go to Detroit once before :noidea:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup ... stay up and watch some more canucks games guys and gals lol

I know Kesler isn't the same guy he once was, but Edler? I admit to not watching enough Nucks games to have a real opinion on it, but I'd say he's better than Ladd. Kane most certainly the best in that swap.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you believe Botchy ... Elder has already waived his NTC to go to Detroit once before :noidea:

Who are the Canucks targetting on Detroit, jstew? I'm assuming they would want some help at forward, maybe Jurco or Tatar? I don't think the Wings want to move Nyquist.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the rumored deal with the Wings that the Canucks had for Edler and when was it ??? was it last year at the draft?

and who is inviolved in this most current Edler to the Wings rumour?

Who are the Canucks targetting on Detroit, jstew? I'm assuming they would want some help at forward, maybe Jurco or Tatar? I don't think the Wings want to move Nyquist.

good question!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Kesler isn't the same guy he once was, but Edler? I admit to not watching enough Nucks games to have a real opinion on it, but I'd say he's better than Ladd. Kane most certainly the best in that swap.

it definitely is positive to know there are some peeps out there who believe this ... hopefully some of them are NHL gms