• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Off to the Cooler Confines of Colorado.....7/20-22

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God dammit I need a team to win a fucking championship. The only team that has a remote shot is the thunder and I'm not even really much of a fan.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
Know what? I've got no problem with giving Rua the chance to prove he belongs.

After all, let's not forget he was our starting LF to begin the season.
i don't mind watching a team that has trouble competing because their ears are barely wet in the bigs but have tools. Odor and DDJR have tools NMart is not a good option for even #5 starter. You want a young guy with upside. Besides the regression of Elvis and Choo, I really don't think Ham is an everyday player. Martin is great at CF but he has regressed and is extremely exposed due to gaps in the lineup. Tough times

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to be a total pessimist but i have just come to the realization that this team isn't gonna be any good for a long time. Darvish will be long gone before this team is any good

Keep in mind..........
  • The success rate of Tommy John surgeries: 22% never make it back, and 33% do not return to their former success rates! 50% of them never throw 100 pitches in a game again!
Since we're all being so optimistic and all.

But seriously, if Darvish comes back next season and pitches OK, then better & better. He'll bring a bunch back in a trade.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete question marks 1-5 in the rotation, the outfield in all 3 positions are somewhat question marks still. The current starting SS is hot fucking garbage most of the time. Catcher is up in the air. The bullpen was not set up for success from the start of the year. I see a 3B, 2B, 1B and DH that can be serviceable so far. Gotta get some answers about Rua and then who knows what else, we even possibly have.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

i don't mind watching a team that has trouble competing because their ears are barely wet in the bigs but have tools. Odor and DDJR have tools NMart is not a good option for even #5 starter. You want a young guy with upside. Besides the regression of Elvis and Choo, I really don't think Ham is an everyday player. Martin is great at CF but he has regressed and is extremely exposed due to gaps in the lineup. Tough times

If Martinez goes back to how he pitched in the early part of the year, then I can see it, but he needs another pitch like a changeup to make his fastball better

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Telis got lucky, but I'll take it

A lot of the Latino players have such an expansive strike zones, unless they're the real deal, it makes for easy out-fodder, once the book is out on em.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind..........
  • The success rate of Tommy John surgeries: 22% never make it back, and 33% do not return to their former success rates! 50% of them never throw 100 pitches in a game again!

But seriously, if Darvish comes back next season and pitches OK, then better & better. He'll bring a bunch back in a trade.

How many of those TJ guys weren't very good to begin with? I think perspective is important, especially te 50% number

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete question marks 1-5 in the rotation, the outfield in all 3 positions are somewhat question marks still. The current starting SS is hot fucking garbage most of the time. Catcher is up in the air. The bullpen was not set up for success from the start of the year. I see a 3B, 2B, 1B and DH that can be serviceable so far. Gotta get some answers about Rua and then who knows what else, we even possibly have.

I'm thankful I live on the first floor.

If not, I'd be on the ledge by now.

And you're not helping AT ALL.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep in mind..........

Sorry I really was optimistic as long as I could be. Hope Darvish nets us some pieces to rebuild. Blame it on bad luck, if you want, but its been injuries, plus a couple underperforming players and some unforeseen real bad contracts that have put us in this position> It is gonna be hard to overcome for quite some time. Just being a realist. Ill go watch Josey Wales now!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good AB Prince

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back, we really needed RHB and the Choice pick up has not panned out at all. We are going to have to get stronger right handed.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this thread has been a ray of sunshine. I think I'm gonna drink till I pass out now. :drink:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I really was optimistic as long as I could be. Hope Darvish nets us some pieces to rebuild. Blame it on bad luck, if you want, but its been injuries, plus a couple underperforming players and some unforeseen real bad contracts that have put us in this position> It is gonna be hard to overcome for quite some time. Just being a realist. Ill go watch Josey Wales now!
what channel?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IF Yu comes back healthy, then he's bringing back an awful lot in a trade scenario. Great pitcher at a very, very affordable rate for a season plus. Hard to find in today's baseball world.

If TNT ever loses/destroys this film, some of you guys are in some kind of deep shit. :pound:As for me, I've only seen it 11+ times. I can damn near tell you most lines outta the movie.