• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Odell Beckham is the NFL MVP

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty funny when if I've proven anything on here it's that I can be objective. Heck it was only 2 weeks ago when I finally picked Dallas the best team in the NFC and they were 11-1 at the time. You just don't make any sense. You brought Murray up in the Elliott discussion, not me.
Yes I think what he is doing is more impressive but he is not having the better season numbers wise or never said Murray was MVP. That is were u took it wrong. Murray is doing it with less talent around him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I think what he is doing is more impressive but he is not having the better season numbers wise or never said Murray was MVP. That is were u took it wrong. Murray is doing it with less talent around him.
Fair enough

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough
Look I think what Elliot is doing is very impressive. I just think when you talk MVP the numbers are not there. If he was close to the all time rushing record or TD record yes 100% in. He is having a great season and he looks like he will have a bright future. I mean Gurley had 1100 yards and 10 TDs last year in 13 games. So we have seen a rookie put together a great rookie year at the RB position. For an non QB to win MVP u need to have a magical year.

Dont think Im bashing Elliot. I really think you guys have a bright future and once u add some more pieces on D your team can be scary. Like I said that Irving guy looks like a beast. Where the hell did he come from.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I think what Elliot is doing is very impressive. I just think when you talk MVP the numbers are not there. If he was close to the all time rushing record or TD record yes 100% in. He is having a great season and he looks like he will have a bright future. I mean Gurley had 1100 yards and 10 TDs last year in 13 games. So we have seen a rookie put together a great rookie year at the RB position. For an non QB to win MVP u need to have a magical year.

Dont think Im bashing Elliot. I really think you guys have a bright future and once u add some more pieces on D your team can be scary. Like I said that Irving guy looks like a beast. Where the hell did he come from.
I've never stated I thought Elliott s/b the league MVP so I can't fault anyone for thinking the same. Do I think he is in the discussion? Yes, I definitely do. I also think the idea that his OL is the major reason for his success is false. I think if he has two great games and no QB separates themselves he may win it because the QBs will steal votes from each other. I think he also needs Dak to have a bad game Monday night on National tv so Dak doesn't steal votes from him.

Irving has been a little of an enigma so far. He showed glimpses when he first came to the Cowboys when injuries gave him a chance and then didn't separate this year in camp. Then he had an incredible game last month too. Then he disappears again. I am very interested to watch him next week to see if he can put two good games together. As of right now I am not sure what he is and don't know if the Cowboy coaches are either, but he has shown the ability to dominate in short spurts more than once. I saw him after one of the Cowboy games and he seemed like a good kid too. Was signing autographs and happily dealing with all of the fans even though we had just lost a tough week one game to the Giants. They list him at 6'7", but he looked like he was 6'9"

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my vote still goes to Justin Tucker.

and his celebrations
giphy.gif

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible thread.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never stated I thought Elliott s/b the league MVP so I can't fault anyone for thinking the same. Do I think he is in the discussion? Yes, I definitely do. I also think the idea that his OL is the major reason for his success is false. I think if he has two great games and no QB separates themselves he may win it because the QBs will steal votes from each other. I think he also needs Dak to have a bad game Monday night on National tv so Dak doesn't steal votes from him.

Irving has been a little of an enigma so far. He showed glimpses when he first came to the Cowboys when injuries gave him a chance and then didn't separate this year in camp. Then he had an incredible game last month too. Then he disappears again. I am very interested to watch him next week to see if he can put two good games together. As of right now I am not sure what he is and don't know if the Cowboy coaches are either, but he has shown the ability to dominate in short spurts more than once. I saw him after one of the Cowboy games and he seemed like a good kid too. Was signing autographs and happily dealing with all of the fans even though we had just lost a tough week one game to the Giants. They list him at 6'7", but he looked like he was 6'9"
If he gets consistent wow watch out. U might of found your pass rusher. I mean he is only in his 2nd year so 3rd year might be BIG for him.

Back to MVP talk real quick...... See I think the QBs have separated themselves from any other position player. Also like you mention Dak might steal votes. Some think he actually deserves it more then Elliot because well QBs have more on their plate, we saw what a back up QB did last year in Dallas and well we never saw a Rookie QB do what he is doing right now. To be fair Im on the side that Dak deserves it more. Again u have 2 very young bright pieces to your team that will help u in the future. I actually have you guys as my Super fav in the NFC next year. This year not so much because I think this year will be your learning curve.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This biggest mis-conception out there is that Zeke is great ONLY because of his Oline

if you watch football long enough, you know a special back from a guy that is the product of his surroundings

Zeke is a special back

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is in the race because they are NE, and sure they played well and he's played well, but imo he's behind Matt Ryan, and Elliott by a decent margin missing 4 games.

Granted, 9-5 is not great, but Ryan and the OFC carried the Falcons thru one of the toughest, if not the most, schedules. This with a DEF starting or playing 4 rookies, and two 2nd yr guys.

Elliott is deserving, but probably won't get it as voters will give that OL a lot of credit....Rodgers needs to win out and him look good in the process to over take Ryan.

OBJ, definitely deserves a spot at the table, but it will be tough for a WR that's not leading the league in any category to win it I think...no question the Giants would not be a playoff caliber team without him though.

Yet he still has put up the numbers he has... With that said.... It should go to Elliott imo

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This biggest mis-conception out there is that Zeke is great ONLY because of his Oline

if you watch football long enough, you know a special back from a guy that is the product of his surroundings

Zeke is a special back
Zeke is special however, put him on a team like Cleveland or the Giants and he doesn't sniff MVP talk

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zeke is a special back
He can be. Its 1 year but u cant deny either that the Oline is a Help. I mean look at Gurley everone said he is the next great RB and BOOM he struggled big time this year. RB is a year to year thing. Give me 2-3 good to great years and then u can be in discussion as a great back or Top RB class. Does Elliot of Potential to be great yes.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke is special however, put him on a team like Cleveland or the Giants and he doesn't sniff MVP talk

Why the Giants, cause youre mad at me?