• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Odell Beckham is the NFL MVP

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick of people trying to give Rodgers the MVP trophy every year. Dude doesn't even belong in the conversation when his team can win at most 10 games. Rodgers has been mediocre this season. Just because he has a string of 3 or 4 good games, let's put him in the MVP discussion. But I'm sure all the retarded writers will give him votes just because of his name. This is exactly why I think Rodgers is the most overrated player in the NFL. People just can't wait to give him recognition any time he has a string of good games. Rodgers has been awful in more than 4 games this year, yet missing 4 games is enough to take Brady out of the race. Bullshit.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick of people trying to give Rodgers the MVP trophy every year. Dude doesn't even belong in the conversation when his team can win at most 10 games. Rodgers has been mediocre this season. Just because he has a string of 3 or 4 good games, let's put him in the MVP discussion. But I'm sure all the retarded writers will give him votes just because of his name. This is exactly why I think Rodgers is the most overrated player in the NFL. People just can't wait to give him recognition any time he has a string of good games. Rodgers has been awful in more than 4 games this year, yet missing 4 games is enough to take Brady out of the race. Bullshit.

You just described Tom Brady to me in a nutshell

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just described Tom Brady to me in a nutshell
Except Brady has won his division 14 out of 16 years starting. They have won 12 or more games like 13 times. Brady absolutely belongs in the MVP discussion every year. A 10-6 QB should never be in the discussion. Tom Brady has more wins than Rodgers and has played 4 less games.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Brady has won his division 14 out of 16 years starting. They have won 12 or more games like 13 times. Brady absolutely belongs in the MVP discussion every year. A 10-6 QB should never be in the discussion. Tom Brady has more wins than Rodgers and has played 4 less games.

There are a ton of factors you choose to ignore, like getting to play Miami, Buffalo and the Jets 6 times a season, a benefit Rodgers doesn't not have the luxury of enjoying

I watch the Packers, and I think Rodgers is the only reason that team ever wins a game...Its not that horrific defense, or horrific running game, or well below average coach

I watch the Patriots, and I think there could be a million reasons they win, like yesterday, when their defense held Denver to 3 points...Something the Packers would never do

The Packers need Rodgers to be amazing for them to win football games

The Patriots not only went 3-1 without Brady, they can find different ways to win if Brady doesn't have a great day........Not saying Brady doesn't have great games, he does

But if Rodgers goes into Denver and throws for 188 yards and zero TD's, I promise you that Denver is winning that game by 2 TD's minimum

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot has no shot.
How does a dude with 1500 yards rushing with two games to play on a team that can possibly go 14-2 not have a shot? Do you people even realize how ridiculous you sound? If AP had 1500 yards and was on a 12-2 team, there would be no question he was an MVP candidate. This has nothing to do with me being a Cowboy fan either. This is just ridiculous. 12-2, 1500 yards rushing with 1900 yards from scrimmage and no shot at MVP? When has an RB ever had that many yards on a good team and never had a shot at MVP? I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a ton of factors you choose to ignore, like getting to play Miami, Buffalo and the Jets 6 times a season, a benefit Rodgers doesn't not have the luxury of enjoying

I watch the Packers, and I think Rodgers is the only reason that team ever wins a game...Its not that horrific defense, or horrific running game, or well below average coach

I watch the Patriots, and I think there could be a million reasons they win, like yesterday, when their defense held Denver to 3 points...Something the Packers would never do

The Packers need Rodgers to be amazing for them to win football games

The Patriots not only went 3-1 without Brady, they can find different ways to win if Brady doesn't have a great day........Not saying Brady doesn't have great games, he does

But if Rodgers goes into Denver and throws for 188 yards and zero TD's, I promise you that Denver is winning that game by 2 TD's minimum
The NFC North is trash.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady was ineligible for 4 games due to disciplinary sanctions.

He's not the MVP.

never before has a player been suspended but a 25k fine for equipment violation. If Goodell gave him say a 1 game suspension, I doubt Brady would have fought it. Its like a judge giving you prison time for a speeding violation for a 1st time violator. I know with BB snubbing his nose in 07 with the filming memo Roger had a hard on but he went overboard with 4 games. I honestly could care less about who gets the MVP, winning the SB is more important. And like mentioend by Earl Brady as won the diviosn 14 out of 16 years he started and the 2 season he didn't Pats didn't win the division and missed the playoffs both times. I'll take a guy who has taken the tean to 10 AFCG with different surrounding casts then the regular season heroes. Some guys can't get it done in playoffs and choke

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are
The Lions are decent but they've won like 8 games decided by 7 points or less. I.E. they could easily be a team below .500 with worse luck. The Vikings fell off a cliff. I fail to see how the NFC North is good. If Rodgers didn't play like a piece of crap for the majority of the season, they never would have been in the position where they have to win out just to get in. According to several people int his thread, Rodgers belongs in the MVP discussion, but not a QB with a top 3 QBR and a 12-2 record or a RB with 1900 yards from scrimmage on a 12-2 team. But 8-6 Rodgers does because he has no help. He runs, throws, catches the ball himself, caught 5 interceptions from Wilson last week, ran for 160 yards yesterday. He just does everything. Give him MVP.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are decent but they've won like 8 games decided by 7 points or less. I.E. they could easily be a team below .500 with worse luck. The Vikings fell off a cliff. I fail to see how the NFC North is good. If Rodgers didn't play like a piece of crap for the majority of the season, they never would have been in the position where they have to win out just to get in. Rodgers belongs in the MVP discussion, yet several people here believe a QB with a top 3 QBR on a 12-2 team and a RB with 1900 yards from scrimmage on a 12-2 team don't belong in the discussion. But 8-6 Rodgers does because he has no help. He runs, throws, catches the ball himself, caught 5 interceptions from Wilson last week, ran for 160 yards yesterday. He just does everything. Give him MVP.

My measure of an MVP has always been, how do I believe that team would do if he went down, or wasn't there

Its speculation, but I think some players you could speculate pretty accurately

Are the Packers really fighting for a division title today if Aaron Rodgers went down in Week One, and Brett Hundley was their QB?

We have seen a team like the Pats without Brady and the results have been pretty damn good

Its why I think Beckham, who wont get any consideration, is very worthy...I watch every snap of the Giants, and I know he is the entire offense for them, and has been the difference between 10 and maybe 5 or 6 wins this season

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL QB's that end the season with the highest QBR win the MVP award 90% of the time. Right now it's Matt Ryan, Brady, Dak and Rodgers in that order. He belongs in the conversation whether you like it or not.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt that Rodgers should be in contention for MVP. Just because he isn't on a 2011 pace, it shouldn't exclude him. Take Rodgers off of the Packers and they'd be one of the 5 worst teams in football, without question.

As for Beckham, well....if Jerry Rice couldn't win it in 1987, it's hard for me to imagine what a receiver would need to do to win MVP.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My measure of an MVP has always been, how do I believe that team would do if he went down, or wasn't there

Are the Packers really fighting for a division title today if Aaron Rodgers went down in Week One, and Brett Hundley was their QB?

We have seen a team like the Pats without Brady and the results have been pretty damn good

Its why I think Beckham, who wont get any consideration, is very worthy...I watch every snap of the Giants, and I know he is the entire offense for them, and has been the difference between 10 and maybe 5 or 6 wins this season
MVP should be measured how a player is playing that season. It's a yearly award. Rodgers has not played like an MVP for the majority of this season. Brady has.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is why Dak is more important then Elliot. Last year Dallas had a 1000 yard rusher and last year they had a bad back up QB and record showed that. Dak is a bigger difference maker in my opinion.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL QB's that end the season with the highest QBR win the MVP award 90% of the time. Right now it's Matt Ryan, Brady, Dak and Rodgers in that order. He belongs in the conversation whether you like it or not.
It's funny that you mention this since Romo actually had a QBR higher than Rodgers and finished with the same record yet didn't win MVP in 2014. Just more proof of the NFL's love affair with Rodgers.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why Dak is more important then Elliot. Last year Dallas had a 1000 yard rusher and last year they had a bad back up QB and record showed that. Dak is a bigger difference maker in my opinion.
McFadden was average last year. You can't always go by stats.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP should be measured how a player is playing that season. It's a yearly award. Rodgers has not played like an MVP for the majority of this season. Brady has.

Well, if its strictly by the numbers, Rodgers has thrown for 3800 yards, 32 TD's and 7 picks

Not too bad

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott...I hear ya. Not a bad pick, but that question will always be out there...how would he do behind an average OL?
Well I for one sure hope some want to keep asking that question for a long, long time...

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that you mention this since Romo actually had a QBR higher than Rodgers and finished with the same record yet didn't win MVP in 2014. Just more proof of the NFL's love affair with Rodgers.
No...as good as Romo was, he clearly benefitted from a guy who set the all time Cowboys rushing record for a single season, which clearly takes pressure off of the passing game/opens it up with play action. Anybody playing against the Packers were not, and still are not loading up against the run. The focus has always been on the QB.