• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Non-superstar related deals

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And J.J. Barea goes to the T'Wolves. Just what they needed, another PG, meanwhile they got rid of the one they had that could actually play during the draft (Jonny Flynn). I don't think Barea's a huge loss for Dallas, especially since they're banking on picking up Deron Williams in the offseason. To me though overall it looks like the Mavs are just gonna be ok this year, not championship caliber

Cuban can afford to not win a title this year. I'm sure he would, but he's also a smart owner. He's looking long term (Deron Williams) and not taking on pieces that will kill cap space. Since they won last year, no one is really going to get on the team if they come up short. Personally I don't think Dallas is as good as last year. Chandler and Barea fit their team. They may not be the most talented players, but they were the best fit. Odom is a good all around player, but he can't give you what Chandler does. Delonte West can't give you what JJ Barea does and Vince Carter washed up 3 years ago.

Also, Josh McRoberts is expected to sign with the Lakers now that the OJ Mayo deal fell through. LA goes from Lamar Odom to Josh McRoberts. -_-

DieHardNetsFan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Lakers have signed big man Josh McRoberts to a two-year contract believed to be worth $6.2 million.
That sum represents the Lakers' entire "mini mid-level exception." McBob figures to fill the void left by Lamar Odom's departure, as well as Derrick Caracter's severe knee injury -- L.A. doesn't have a very deep frontcourt at the moment, so he could play significant minutes and is worth watching closely in fantasy leagues.

Source: Twitter

DieHardNetsFan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lakers officially sign forward Josh McRoberts.
The Los Angeles Lakers have signed free agent forward Josh McRoberts, it was announced today. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.

McRoberts, a four-year NBA veteran, averaged career-highs in points (7.4), rebounds (5.3) and assists (2.1) while appearing in 72 games (51 starts) with the Indiana Pacers last season. In 155 career NBA games (54 starts), McRoberts is averaging 5.2 points on .525 shooting from the field, 3.8 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 15.7 minutes.