• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Non-superstar related deals

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a topic to discuss the smaller moves that could be impactful but don't involve superstars like CP3 and Howard.

-Shane Battier and Eddie Curry to the Heat. Love the Battier signing. He's a great team player, has an outside shot, and plays lockdown D. As for Curry...LOL. Really? He's fat, has a heart condition, and has played 10 games in 3 years. They couldn't get anyone better?

-Tyson Chandler to NYC. Not official, but a good move if it goes through. Tyson will give that team some much needed defense.

-Caron Butler to the Clips. A good bargain. He'll be a nice veteran presence on a young team.

DieHardNetsFan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's a topic to discuss the smaller moves that could be impactful but don't involve superstars like CP3 and Howard.

-Shane Battier and Eddie Curry to the Heat. Love the Battier signing. He's a great team player, has an outside shot, and plays lockdown D. As for Curry...LOL. Really? He's fat, has a heart condition, and has played 10 games in 3 years. They couldn't get anyone better?

-Tyson Chandler to NYC. Not official, but a good move if it goes through. Tyson will give that team some much needed defense.

-Caron Butler to the Clips. A good bargain. He'll be a nice veteran presence on a young team.
Chandler going to NYC will help the Knicks out in multiple ways, I agree with the Clips getting Butler, that should strengthen their guard play and take some pressure off Blake. I am not sure why the Heat went after Curry, but I am all for the Battier move. Battier is one of my favorite players and one of the best lock down defenders in the game.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David West to the Celtics. Could be a huge deal if West can stay healthy. West will be what Jeff Green failed to be in Boston, a backup front court player (capable of starter minutes) that can give you solid all around production (pts, rebs, etc). Combined with the fact that they traded Baby Davis to Orlando for Brandon Bass and it looks like Boston is poised for one last shot at the title.

DieHardNetsFan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
David West to the Celtics. Could be a huge deal if West can stay healthy. West will be what Jeff Green failed to be in Boston, a backup front court player (capable of starter minutes) that can give you solid all around production (pts, rebs, etc). Combined with the fact that they traded Baby Davis to Orlando for Brandon Bass and it looks like Boston is poised for one last shot at the title.
Yes, I agree with this.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons are buying out Rip Hamilton.

Rumor is that Chicago might be interested.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons are buying out Rip Hamilton.

Rumor is that Chicago might be interested.

That'd be as close to a confirmed rumor as you're going to get. Chicago has been wanting him since last year. Personally, I'd go with Jason Richardson though. He'll give you about the same scoring, but he's bigger and a better defender. Ideally, they'd go after Arron Afflalo but I bet he's too pricey. Everything I've read said Denver intends to match any offers for Afflalo.

DieHardNetsFan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That'd be as close to a confirmed rumor as you're going to get. Chicago has been wanting him since last year. Personally, I'd go with Jason Richardson though. He'll give you about the same scoring, but he's bigger and a better defender. Ideally, they'd go after Arron Afflalo but I bet he's too pricey. Everything I've read said Denver intends to match any offers for Afflalo.
Jason Richardson just signed a four-year, $25 million deal with the Magic.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Richardson just signed a four-year, $25 million deal with the Magic.

Where'd you see that? Must have just broke. I had just looked at the dealings for the day and didn't see it.

REAL_Harrison

Amateurstitute
Hoopla Cash
$ 510.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a part of the Chandler deal Ronny Turiaf is headed to Washington and Andy Rautins to Dallas from what I heard, also the Knicks will amnesty Chauncey Billups. His agent said if he doesn't get picked up by the right team he will retire, I find that dissappointing cos Billups is one of the real stand up guys in the NBA if you ask me. I wonder where he would want to play

REAL_Harrison

Amateurstitute
Hoopla Cash
$ 510.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks also picked up Mike Bibby, because he performed so well in the playoffs last year?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix the West to Celtics deal. West turned them down. Pacers swoop in and get him for 2 years, 20 mil.

REAL_Harrison

Amateurstitute
Hoopla Cash
$ 510.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix the West to Celtics deal. West turned them down. Pacers swoop in and get him for 2 years, 20 mil.

nice move for them, and they might be trading Josh McRoberts for O.J. Mayo, they look like a playoff team in the east this year

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice move for them, and they might be trading Josh McRoberts for O.J. Mayo, they look like a playoff team in the east this year

They were one last year (barely). But this year, I can see them as high as a 5th seed with these moves.

Clips get Billups off waivers So they don't get CP3 but they get a veteran PG in Billups. For once, the Clippers are making moves that actually make sense. Billups and Butler will fit in nicely with their young team and provide a lot of championship experience. They also matched the Warriors offer for DeAndre Jordan. Honestly, this team doesn't need Chris Paul.

Starters: Billups, Gordon, Butler, Griffin, Jordan

Bench: Bledsoe, Mo Williams, Aminu, Kaman

That's a playoff team. Toss in Minny's unprotected draft pick in what looks to be a loaded draft class and the future is VERY bright for the Clips.

REAL_Harrison

Amateurstitute
Hoopla Cash
$ 510.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas seems to always sign the washed up vets.

And J.J. Barea goes to the T'Wolves. Just what they needed, another PG, meanwhile they got rid of the one they had that could actually play during the draft (Jonny Flynn). I don't think Barea's a huge loss for Dallas, especially since they're banking on picking up Deron Williams in the offseason. To me though overall it looks like the Mavs are just gonna be ok this year, not championship caliber

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas seems to always sign the washed up vets.

And keeps churning out 50 win seasons with them.

Dallas got Delonte West as well, to replace some of JJ's minutes.