• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No team has ever won 3 Super Bowls in a row. What if the Chiefs do it?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm wrong in mentioning James Bradberry's own comment about the play? That wasn't my opinion. That what he said about the play.

Odd you choose to ignore what he said.
You’re wrong in mentioning that it should have been called. And I didn’t ignore what he said I addressed that in my very first post you quoted me on.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too soon to call Mahomes the GOAT. He'll just have to settle for being the best quarterback in the NFL among current players with also the most Superbowl wins as a starting QB among current players.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a head scratcher. Damn near every offensive snap was with the clock at zero.

From what I have read before on this topic... one of the officials is watching the clock. When clock hits 0 they then turn to see if ball is snapped. Therefore... actually have an extra 1/2 second to snap the ball.

Cannot remember which game this year this issue came up.. but that is what I read afterwards.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have read before on this topic... one of the officials is watching the clock. When clock hits 0 they then turn to see if ball is snapped. Therefore... actually have an extra 1/2 second to snap the ball.

Cannot remember which game this year this issue came up.. but that is what I read afterwards.
That was the talk last night as well. There can be an extra second between :00 and a true penalty.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Saying it's a ticky-tacky foul, inconsistent with the reffing in general may all be true but the foul was there..

If it was just a hand around the waist, it probably goes uncalled unless blatant. Give leave the obvious grab out there for the whole world to scream about it is a bad look for the league.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the talk last night as well. There can be an extra second between :00 and a true penalty.

The officials basically wait for zero, then look to see if the ball is snapped.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was just a hand around the waist, it probably goes uncalled unless blatant. Give leave the obvious grab out there for the whole world to scream about it is a bad look for the league.
Yeah. I understand it's not much of a grab.. :D but it's pretty obvious there was a grab.. And even if it hadn't been called, the Eagles would have still needed to score in the last 2 mins or so. Very possible but not certain by any means.. We've all been there..

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans were not cheated by the officials. They got a game that broke a tie in the final seconds.
A ho hum game 58 minutes long when it could have been spectacular, As it is maybe breaks the top 15 and could've been #1

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya, it's all good. It was just close as hell damned near every time and in my opinion they could've been called a few more times for delay of game. Like they couldn't get the plays called fast enough.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, it's all good. It was just close as hell damned near every time and in my opinion they could've been called a few more times for delay of game. Like they couldn't get the plays called fast enough.

Maybe if they hadn't drained the play clock so often, they would've had more time left at the end...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if they hadn't drained the play clock so often, they would've had more time left at the end...
I can't really blame them for using as much clock as possible, tbh. They were playing with the lead most of the game and trying to win the T.O.P. battle to keep Mahomes on the sideline. Right strategy, just wrong outcome because KCs coaching on offense was able to exploit Philly's D and Mahomes picked them apart in the second half. Credit Spagnolo and the defense for tightening up too other than one drive.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 seasons as a starter and Mahomes has 2 AFC Championship and 3 Super Bowl appearances.

That's f*cking insane.

Only Brady (if anyone) will be his equal or better based on the trajectory he's heading...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm not biased. I'm objective. All the non-calls and calls within the game gave either team ample time to adjust or absorb the situation. Here in the last 2 minutes, the call was the outcome of the game.
KC would have scored either way but what that call did was take away what very well been a thrilling last 2 minutes thus leaving the outcome to be decided in that time frame, as it was the game was only 58 minutes long.
KC may have won it on their defense and then again Philly may have had a great comeback but the fans were cheated by that call.
I think the game was great, I think either team deserved the win and was as close as can be to equality but the official separated that equality and created a lot of controversies, especially determining the game within the last 2 minutes. I look at Seattle and New England and the thrilling ending to a great game, As a fan that's what I wanted to see for my time.
I quit reading at, "I'm objective"

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, when the refs established a precedent that they’re going to allow things like that only to change their mind in the final minute of the game people are going to take issue with it.

By their actions for 59 minutes last night they told you they weren’t going to call plays like that, then they did a 180 and decided that now was the time to start holding player’s accountable. The issue isn’t calling a hold when they see it, the issue is they blindly pick and choose when they feel like throwing the flag.
Why to people always blame the guy that's doing his job according to the rules?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why to people always blame the guy that's doing his job according to the rules?
Sounds like he’s blaming the guy for not doing his job for the first 58 minutes of the game. Chiefs played more press than the Eagles. If they want to call defensive holding with the standard on the Juju play, im good with that. Do it the whole game. Don’t decide to change it up in the last two minutes.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he’s blaming the guy for not doing his job for the first 58 minutes of the game. Chiefs played more press than the Eagles. If they want to call defensive holding with the standard on the Juju play, im good with that. Do it the whole game. Don’t decide to change it up in the last two minutes.
Fair criticism but not the rule.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too soon to call Mahomes the GOAT. He'll just have to settle for being the best quarterback in the NFL among current players with also the most Superbowl wins as a starting QB among current players.
Yeah, agreed. He's actually been the best QB in the NFL for the last 4 years, and that was still including at the time Rodgers, Brady, and Brees. I'd say at this point the two QBs who are at least in his shadow are Hurts and Burrows. Some will logically argue that Allen belongs in this equation, but he's still a bit too inconsistent for my taste, particularly in the red zone. One too many dumb INTs at the worst times.