• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No team has ever won 3 Super Bowls in a row. What if the Chiefs do it?

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already stated I was surprised they called that hold, but only because they swallowed their whistles throughout the game on much more obvious calls.

I'll admit I was biased against the Eagles, but most of the none whistles aided the Eagles.

You sound biased also, but against KC.
No I'm not biased. I'm objective. All the non-calls and calls within the game gave either team ample time to adjust or absorb the situation. Here in the last 2 minutes, the call was the outcome of the game.
KC would have scored either way but what that call did was take away what very well been a thrilling last 2 minutes thus leaving the outcome to be decided in that time frame, as it was the game was only 58 minutes long.
KC may have won it on their defense and then again Philly may have had a great comeback but the fans were cheated by that call.
I think the game was great, I think either team deserved the win and was as close as can be to equality but the official separated that equality and created a lot of controversies, especially determining the game within the last 2 minutes. I look at Seattle and New England and the thrilling ending to a great game, As a fan that's what I wanted to see for my time.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles will have a hard time retaining a lot of their talent, but in some cases it feels like they prepped for it. Hargrave and Edwards had been awesome, they spent early picks on Davis and Dean. They spent the year learning. Because of that I imagine they focus on retaining Bradberry. If some of the young guys are ready to go the Eagles could maintain a similar talent level, and you can probably bank on Hurts continuing his mass improvements. I think Eagles are a good bet this early in the year,

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm not biased. I'm objective. All the non-calls and calls within the game gave either team ample time to adjust or absorb the situation. Here in the last 2 minutes, the call was the outcome of the game.
KC would have scored either way but what that call did was take away what very well been a thrilling last 2 minutes thus leaving the outcome to be decided in that time frame, as it was the game was only 58 minutes long.
KC may have won it on their defense and then again Philly may have had a great comeback but the fans were cheated by that call.
I think the game was great, I think either team deserved the win and was as close as can be to equality but the official separated that equality and created a lot of controversies, especially determining the game within the last 2 minutes. I look at Seattle and New England and the thrilling ending to a great game, As a fan that's what I wanted to see for my time.
I'll put it this way. Because of the way the game was call, I was surprised they called that hold.

Now I'll ask a yes no question. Was it a hold?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Philly fans were cheated by their own offense not being able to get plays off in time. They could've been penalized several more times and wasted at least one time out to avoid a penalty.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly fans were cheated by their own offense not being able to get plays off in time. They could've been penalized several more times and wasted at least one time out to avoid a penalty.

That was a head scratcher. Damn near every offensive snap was with the clock at zero.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying they'll have the same officials for next year's game as well?
That officiating crew called a record number of penalties on the Chiefs against Tampa Bay in the first half of that game.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anyone that thinks that was a bad call last night is this not holding?

1676303065559.png

Sure looks like holding to me.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That officiating crew called a record number of penalties on the Chiefs against Tampa Bay in the first half of that game.
Not saying the Chiefs didn't deserve to win, that's not it, what my opinion is, that fans like me who didn't have a dog in the fight could've seen the best super bowl yet by allowing the last 1:48 to be relevant. Whether the Chief's defense or Eagles' offense gave us something spectacular would have replaced this talk with the argument of the greatest game, as it is, it's not even close to being great

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not getting what I'm talking about.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anyone that thinks that was a bad call last night is this not holding?

View attachment 321232

Sure looks like holding to me.
Once again the problem was they didn’t call things like that all game until the final minute. There’s no consistency it’s just a matter of “do the refs feel like calling it this time” and that’s fair to no one. The officials get to pick and choose when they blow the whistle and that’s why people have a problem with it.

Perhaps Bradberry doesn’t hold there if he was called on it earlier in the game. He even said he was hoping they wouldn’t call it, he only thought that because they didn’t call it all game.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying the Chiefs didn't deserve to win, that's not it, what my opinion is, that fans like me who didn't have a dog in the fight could've seen the best super bowl yet by allowing the last 1:48 to be relevant. Whether the Chief's defense or Eagles' offense gave us something spectacular would have replaced this talk with the argument of the greatest game, as it is, it's not even close to being great
Really difficult to get into that greatest game conversation when you have a missed FG, and lots of fairly uncontested big plays imo. Not really any bad blood with these teams, either.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again the problem was they didn’t call things like that all game until the final minute. There’s no consistency it’s just a matter of “do the refs feel like calling it this time” and that’s fair to no one. The officials get to pick and choose when they blow the whistle and that’s why people have a problem with it.

Perhaps Bradberry doesn’t hold there if he was called on it earlier in the game. He even said he was hoping they wouldn’t call it, he only thought that because they didn’t call it all game.

James Bradberry himself said "I tugged his jersey". ->Eagles CB says holding penalty on winning drive was correct call.<- Saw that this morning on sportscenter.

That should be the end of it right there. The person that committed the foul admitted to it. What was or wasn't called earlier in the game had nothing to do with the very obvious holding penalty that was called.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to disagree with most of which you said. The refs botched a few calls. Two previous close calls went the eagles way . It evened out.

Let's not pretend these refs determined the outcome like a few other Superbowls. The Seahawks vs Steelers is one of those where the refs absolutely decided the outcome. I am not a fan of either team,but that Superbowl was hard to watch due to the refs. Maybe the right person gave goodell a woody that year

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Bradberry himself said "I tugged his jersey". ->Eagles CB says holding penalty on winning drive was correct call.<- Saw that this morning on sportscenter.

That should be the end of it right there. The person that committed the foul admitted to it. What was or wasn't called earlier in the game had nothing to do with the very obvious holding penalty that was called.
Wrong, when the refs established a precedent that they’re going to allow things like that only to change their mind in the final minute of the game people are going to take issue with it.

By their actions for 59 minutes last night they told you they weren’t going to call plays like that, then they did a 180 and decided that now was the time to start holding player’s accountable. The issue isn’t calling a hold when they see it, the issue is they blindly pick and choose when they feel like throwing the flag.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, when the refs established a precedent that they’re going to allow things like that only to change their mind in the final minute of the game people are going to take issue with it.

By their actions for 59 minutes last night they told you they weren’t going to call plays like that, then they did a 180 and decided that now was the time to start holding player’s accountable. The issue isn’t calling a hold when they see it, the issue is they blindly pick and choose when they feel like throwing the flag.

Tugging a jersey is too obvious to let go. Physical evidence...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So I'm wrong in mentioning James Bradberry's own comment about the play? That wasn't my opinion. That what he said about the play.

Odd you choose to ignore what he said.