• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'm sure they would, not sure the judge cares and it's been said she will take her time before she rules.
It took 13 months for Elliott

Maybe the NFL will do it tomorrow night to upstage the baseball All Star game...Rodger can be vindictive like that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lead INVESTIGATOR was a former assistant attorney general from NY the NFL hired as their Director on Investigations. She was the only INVESTIGATOR to interview the accuser. She recommended zero games in her report. Rodger didn't invite her to the meeting that determined suspension length. The NFLPA was sure they could get the suspension reduced

But Hey..your talking about a former federal judge, I'm sure Rodger will sit this one out.
CBA has been changed since then to include the former federal judge as agreed upon by NFLPA and the NFL.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBA has been changed since then to include the former federal judge as agreed upon by NFLPA and the NFL.
Which has NOTHING to do with your question from my post, BUT here you are killing it again. Cover all bases spinner, it's far and away what you do best.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which has NOTHING to do with your question from my post, BUT here you are killing it again. Cover all bases spinner, it's far and away what you do best.
Nothing to do with it? Your answer with Elliot was what happened under a completely different CBA. are you just messing with me?

I get you need to follow the lead based on poster and not post, but I am not covering any bases here. Simply said maybe he could sue if Rog overturns the verdict. Doubtful he has a leg to stand on just based on judge's ruling. If you disagree feel free to chime in on the topic.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports Deshaun Watson will sue the NFL if he is suspended for the entire 2022 NFL season.​

Robinson said Watson and the NFL players union "have already made the decision to file a lawsuit against the league in federal court" if Watson is slapped with a yearlong suspension after being accused of sexual assault and misconduct by dozens of women. Such a move would further drag out the never-ending Watson saga. The timing of arbitrator Sue Robinson's decision on Watson's punishment remains unclear as the Browns prepare for training camp. Watson could face as little as a month-long suspension, or no suspension at all, though that seems unlikely after more allegations surfaced following Cleveland's trade for Watson. Every fantasy-relevant Browns player's prospects hinge on Watson's availability in 2022.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, perhaps no...could actually be maybe
I mean, at least those you idolize offered opinions on the matter. would you like me to tell you what they are so you know what you should think?

My opinion, again, is he could sue and maybe get somewhere if Rog overturns the verdict. Doubtful he has a leg to stand on just based on judge's ruling. If you disagree feel free to chime in on the topic...or, again, I can tell you what to think.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, at least those you idolize offered opinions on the matter. would you like me to tell you what they are so you know what you should think?

My opinion, again, is he could sue and maybe get somewhere if Rog overturns the verdict. Doubtful he has a leg to stand on just based on judge's ruling. If you disagree feel free to chime in on the topic...or, again, I can tell you what to think.
could,maybe,if.....

fs.png

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we don't know that he has sued hard to say he did......since we don't know if he sues that he will win, hard to say he'll win.....since there is not even a verdict for Rog to overturn hard to say it was overturned.

If you'd like to offer absolutes on how all this goes down, please feel free.

Oh, the irony.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we don't know that he has sued hard to say he did......since we don't know if he sues that he will win, hard to say he'll win.....since there is not even a verdict for Rog to overturn hard to say it was overturned.

If you'd like to offer absolutes on how all this goes down, please feel free.

Oh, the irony.
Already did when I said that adhering to the CBA will mean there will be no legal ground for a suit. Any suit filed will be dismissed. That includes an appeal from the NFL to Goodell to increase the suspension. Maybe you could tell me what legal ground is there for the NFLPA to argue? They agreed and signed the CBA and it’s a legally binding agreement and it gives the NFL has the right to appeal and gives Goodell the right to adjust the punishment per the CBA. Please explain your could, maybe and if, on what legal ground.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already did when I said that adhering to the CBA will mean there will be no legal ground for a suit. Any suit filed will be dismissed. That includes an appeal from the NFL to Goodell to increase the suspension. Maybe you could tell me what legal ground is there for the NFLPA to argue? They agreed and signed the CBA and it’s a legally binding agreement and it gives the NFL has the right to appeal and gives Goodell the right to adjust the punishment per the CBA. Please explain your could, maybe and if, on what legal ground.
NFLPA would make the argument there was no reason to throw out the ruling of the retired judge (who has more experience than he does in making such rulings) for his own selfish ruling. Kind of goes against the letter of the CBA to impose his own ruling. Why even bother hiring Robinson? That would be their case.......not that complicated.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFLPA would make the argument there was no reason to throw out the ruling of the retired judge (who has more experience than he does in making such rulings) for his own selfish ruling. Kind of goes against the letter of the CBA to impose his own ruling. Why even bother hiring Robinson? That would be their case.......not that complicated.
That's not a valid legal reason. The CBA lays the ground work for how the process works, the NFL is following the CBA process and there is a reason for appealing, the punishment was lacking and to protect the NFL a harsher punishment is required. Course if Robinson say Watson is innocent then that's the end, if Robinson decides Watson should be suspended indefinitely the NFL won't appeal, if the NFLPA wants to appeal they can. However no viable legal reason for a law suit from the NFLPA just virtually signaling for their members.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not a valid legal reason. The CBA lays the ground work for how the process works, the NFL is following the CBA process and there is a reason for appealing, the punishment was lacking and to protect the NFL a harsher punishment is required. Course if Robinson say Watson is innocent then that's the end, if Robinson decides Watson should be suspended indefinitely the NFL won't appeal, if the NFLPA wants to appeal they can. However no viable legal reason for a law suit from the NFLPA just virtually signaling for their members.
I gave you their legal reasoning. Because it may be legal per the CBA to change the ruling it does not mean they could not find a reason to challenge the ruling. Hell, in the CBA in the personal conduct policy it says they will hold owners and executives to a higher standard and they could simply argue that has not happened.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave you their legal reasoning. Because it may be legal per the CBA to change the ruling it does not mean they could not find a reason to challenge the ruling. Hell, in the CBA in the personal conduct policy it says they will hold owners and executives to a higher standard and they could simply argue that has not happened.
Well frivolous lawsuits happen all the time. NFLPA has filed a boatload of them. That’s why the NFL has a slew of top notch lawyers employed and why the NFL wins them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well frivolous lawsuits happen all the time. NFLPA has filed a boatload of them. That’s why the NFL has a slew of top notch lawyers employed and why the NFL wins them.
Not exactly frivolous if they argue the part of the CBA which states in personal conduct policy they will hold owners and execs to a higher standard.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly frivolous if they argue the part of the CBA which states in personal conduct policy they will hold owners and execs to a higher standard.
It says they traditionally hold owners and club members to a higher standard, doesn’t guarantee they will. Also Watson case which involves dozens of women is unlike any other case in NFL history. I feel it would indeed be frivolous and doubt the NFL would be worried about it. More money down the drain for the NFLPA, they have a history of that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It says they traditionally hold owners and club members to a higher standard, doesn’t guarantee they will. Also Watson case which involves dozens of women is unlike any other case in NFL history. I feel it would indeed be frivolous and doubt the NFL would be worried about it. More money down the drain for the NFLPA, they have a history of that.
doesn't the case with Snyder and the WFT involve a bunch of women, too? Cowboys and Jones, as well?

Watson case involves "dozens of women"? That would mean at least 36, right? Only been 24-26 suits filed, correct? are they really looking at the other 40 or so who simply say they gave him a massage? Pretty sure that's not illegal.

I'm guessing it doesn't come to anything because Goodell will abide by Robinson's ruling. But if he doesn't they can make a case and it's not frivolous. Hell, one could argue suing a guy over acts he committed even though the plaintiff saw the guy again by choice after said acts might be deemed frivolous.