• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not spinning shit.

The owners and players are in different pots.

You can desperately claim "But the Owners" all you want, but their discipline has no play on how the players are disciplined.
Might not, but does not mean a player could not bring it up if needed in a suit of their own and would not be frivolous and would have merit.

I mean, no more frivolous than nothing more than a he said she said suit with no factual evidence.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might not, but does not mean a player could not bring it up if needed in a suit of their own and would not be frivolous and would have merit.

I mean, no more frivolous than nothing more than a he said she said suit with no factual evidence.
Might Not? How about Will Not.

The PLAYERS hacked off on the CBA, that LEGAL Document gives Roger all the authority he needs to do what he wants.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add there are no direct accusations against Jones at this time either.

DT seems to be writing a Romantic Comedy, called Desperately Defending Deshaun.
Did I say Jones was accused? But Jones did nothing about the accusations, nor did the league.

I mean, could you spin this or make it up as you go any more than you are? Truth be told, would not surprise me if you don't even know what this discussion was about.....that being would Watson be able to make a case for a suit IF Rog through out the ruling of Robinson for his own ruling should that happen.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The PLAYERS hacked off on the CBA, that LEGAL Document gives Roger all the authority he needs to do what he wants.
and that portion of the personal conduct policy would give the player all he needs to file a suit with merit. Never mind Rog overturning a formal federal judge better equipped than him to make a decision like this that is fair for both sides and not the side that pays/hires him).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's going on here, do I need popcorn?
Not really. Pretty simple. One guy thinks Watson could not possibly have a basis for a suit under any circumstances. I say he might IF Goodell tries to overrule Robinson's ruling with a more harsh penalty. The Argue Based on Poster and not Post Crew are following the lead of the former...likely not even knowing what they are arguing.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say Jones was accused? But Jones did nothing about the accusations, nor did the league.

I mean, could you spin this or make it up as you go any more than you are? Truth be told, would not surprise me if you don't even know what this discussion was about.....that being would Watson be able to make a case for a suit IF Rog through out the ruling of Robinson for his own ruling should that happen.
You're saying the lack of Discipline of Jones and others could/should have play vs Watson.

The Snyder case is far from over, so who knows if the NFL does the right thing and discipline him.

Jones hasn't been accused of sexual assault, although I'm sure he isn't clean on the matter, whereas Watson has been accused MULTIPLE times.

Trying to compare the issues is nothing more than desperate deflection.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that portion of the personal conduct policy would give the player all he needs to file a suit with merit. Never mind Rog overturning a formal federal judge better equipped than him to make a decision like this that is fair for both sides and not the side that pays/hires him).
Again, learn about CBA's.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Ownership and club or league management have traditionally been held to a higher standard and will be subject to more significant discipline when violations of the Personal Conduct Policy occur.”

when has a player or the NFLPA helped a player in a suit after an appointed former federal judge handed down discipline only to have her decision overruled by Goodell who installed his own discipline?
You seem to think because she formerly was a federal judge at some point in her life she holds more power and the NFL can't appeal, which is a bit of fantasy on your part. How many times have you wrote former federal judge? LOL She a arbiter now not a federal employee, not a judge, just a simple arbiter who judgement can be appealed.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Pretty simple. One guy thinks Watson could not possibly have a basis for a suit under any circumstances. I say he might IF Goodell tries to overrule Robinson's ruling with a more harsh penalty. The Argue Based on Poster and not Post Crew are following the lead of the former...likely not even knowing what they are arguing.
If the NFL follows the CBA process any suit is fruitless and I'll file it under nonsense, which it is.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to think because she formerly was a federal judge at some point in her life she holds more power and the NFL can't appeal, which is a bit of fantasy on your part. How many times have you wrote former federal judge? LOL She a arbiter now not a federal employee, not a judge, just a simple arbiter who judgement can be appealed.
Been a while since you resorted to lying to make your point. I am well aware the NFL can overrule her decision and have mentioned this many times.

as a former judge if there ever were a suit her unbiased decision might carry more weight to the judge hearing the case than the guy who overruled her decision based on his own bias. Is that really so hard for you to understand? all this discussion is is you thinking he has no basis for a case which is false.

While her position as a former judge does not hold more power in her ruling (unless no suspension) it would likely carry more weight than the guy making the ruling who is hired and paid by the league for which he changed the ruling....if he did.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL follows the CBA process any suit is fruitless and I'll file it under nonsense, which it is.
Until they show the judge asked to rule on dismissing the case what is written in the personal conduct policy used to help determine discipline and are asked what he came up with that led to him dismissing the original ruling.

Of course this is all moot if it goes down as I suspect and Goodell abides by her ruling.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a while since you resorted to lying to make your point. I am well aware the NFL can overrule her decision and have mentioned this many times.

as a former judge if there ever were a suit her unbiased decision might carry more weight to the judge hearing the case than the guy who overruled her decision based on his own bias. Is that really so hard for you to understand? all this discussion is is you thinking he has no basis for a case which is false.

Might carry more weight then the legal process spelled out in the CBA? Absolutely not.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Idk what this GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER