• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can be but you have proven to be a waste of time.
you can be what? A child? I'm aware.

FYI, if I found someone to be a waste of time I'd ignore his comments (for sure I wouldn't reply to them, let alone read them) because I have self control. But you do you.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly frivolous if they argue the part of the CBA which states in personal conduct policy they will hold owners and execs to a higher standard.
The owners aren't covered under the CBA, so owner discipline had absolutely no bearing on how players are disciplined

You're comparing Apples to Semi Trucks.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, if I found someone to be a waste of time I'd ignore his comments (for sure I wouldn't reply to them, let alone read them) because I have self control. But you do you.
C'mon spinner, there is no fun in ignoring stupid shit...BUT, stupid shit deserves a short response

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The owners aren't covered under the CBA, so owner discipline had absolutely no bearing on how players are disciplined

You're comparing Apples to Semi Trucks.
it is in the personal conduct policy of the CBA that specifically says owners (and/or execs) are to be held to a higher standard. Certainly enough there for the NFLPA to make an argument on his behalf in a civil case IF Goodell dismissed the judeg's ruling for his own.

“Ownership and club or league management have traditionally been held to a higher standard and will be subject to more significant discipline when violations of the Personal Conduct Policy occur.”

According to ProFootballTalk, the union will reportedly argue the three team owners’ cases as follows.

• Snyder: In July 2021, Snyder agreed to temporarily cede control of the team to his wife, Tanya, in wake of the widespread controversy surrounding the franchise, of which he was at the center. The announcement came when the league partially released its findings from a workplace misconduct probe, levying a $10 million fine against the team. Roger Goodell said in March that Dan “has not been involved in day-to-day operations.” He added, “Don’t believe he’s been at the team facility at all, and when we continue to have league matters, Tanya [Snyder] has represented the team as the CEO on both a day-to-day basis, but also here with the league.” Here is the latest development into Congress’s investigation into the Commanders.
  • Kraft: The Patriots’ owner did not receive a punishment in the alleged prostitution case. He was charged with solicitation; however, the charges were dropped given that the video violated individuals’ rights to privacy after it was secretly recorded.
  • Jones: The league did not investigate the voyeurism scandal that involved Richard Dalrymple, Dallas’s longtime senior vice president for public relations and communications. Here is the information about the reported allegations.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon spinner, there is no fun in ignoring stupid shit...BUT, stupid shit deserves a short response

I agree ignoring stupid shit is not a waste of time and why I keep replying to you. Your level of childish comments is comedy gold. But you said it's a waste of time. Seems you are just arguing with yourself and smacking yourself around....while being careful not to say anything about the actual topic. Classic you. Maybe you could ask Harold what he wants you to say?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is in the personal conduct policy of the CBA that specifically says owners (and/or execs) are to be held to a higher standard. Certainly enough there for the NFLPA to make an argument on his behalf in a civil case IF Goodell dismissed the judeg's ruling for his own.

“Ownership and club or league management have traditionally been held to a higher standard and will be subject to more significant discipline when violations of the Personal Conduct Policy occur.”

According to ProFootballTalk, the union will reportedly argue the three team owners’ cases as follows.

• Snyder: In July 2021, Snyder agreed to temporarily cede control of the team to his wife, Tanya, in wake of the widespread controversy surrounding the franchise, of which he was at the center. The announcement came when the league partially released its findings from a workplace misconduct probe, levying a $10 million fine against the team. Roger Goodell said in March that Dan “has not been involved in day-to-day operations.” He added, “Don’t believe he’s been at the team facility at all, and when we continue to have league matters, Tanya [Snyder] has represented the team as the CEO on both a day-to-day basis, but also here with the league.” Here is the latest development into Congress’s investigation into the Commanders.
  • Kraft: The Patriots’ owner did not receive a punishment in the alleged prostitution case. He was charged with solicitation; however, the charges were dropped given that the video violated individuals’ rights to privacy after it was secretly recorded.
  • Jones: The league did not investigate the voyeurism scandal that involved Richard Dalrymple, Dallas’s longtime senior vice president for public relations and communications. Here is the information about the reported allegations.
The CBA covers the Players not the Owners.

The CBA gives Goodell final say on discipline, if the investigation says the player is to be disciplined.

Again how the owners are disciplined is 100% separate from how the players are.

Right or wrong they are not the same.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CBA covers the Players not the Owners.

The CBA gives Goodell final say on discipline, if the investigation says the player is to be disciplined.

Again how the owners are disciplined is 100% separate from how the players are.

Right or wrong they are not the same.
talk about spin...this is plain as day

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't the case with Snyder and the WFT involve a bunch of women, too? Cowboys and Jones, as well?

Watson case involves "dozens of women"? That would mean at least 36, right? Only been 24-26 suits filed, correct? are they really looking at the other 40 or so who simply say they gave him a massage? Pretty sure that's not illegal.

I'm guessing it doesn't come to anything because Goodell will abide by Robinson's ruling. But if he doesn't they can make a case and it's not frivolous. Hell, one could argue suing a guy over acts he committed even though the plaintiff saw the guy again by choice after said acts might be deemed frivolous.
snydee is sexual harassment in the workplace but doesnt specify him

jones is a paternity suit from 25 years ago

watson 24 or more women molested by him

but hey keep fighting the good fight defending this piece of crap:suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is in the personal conduct policy of the CBA that specifically says owners (and/or execs) are to be held to a higher standard.
That's not what it says. There is one line that mentions owners and all it says is that traditional the owners have been held to a higher standard. That just hyperbole because for one thing it could be argued they haven't been and secondly it makes no promises or mention of consequences per say. Thirdly the CBA is addressing players rights vs league right to punish, owners have their own guidelines to follow that don't apply to the CBA.

The arguments your quoting are the usual bullshit the NFLPA have tried in the pass and loss, over and over.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talk about spin...this is plain as day

I'm not spinning shit.

The owners and players are in different pots.

You can desperately claim "But the Owners" all you want, but their discipline has no play on how the players are disciplined.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll add there are no direct accusations against Jones at this time either.

DT seems to be writing a Romantic Comedy, called Desperately Defending Deshaun.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not spinning shit.

The owners and players are in different pots.

You can desperately claim "But the Owners" all you want, but their discipline has no play on how the players are disciplined.

What's going on here, do I need popcorn?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jones is voyeurism in the workplace. also does not specify him...but neither did anything about it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what it says. There is one line that mentions owners and all it says is that traditional the owners have been held to a higher standard. That just hyperbole because for one thing it could be argued they haven't been and secondly it makes no promises or mention of consequences per say. Thirdly the CBA is addressing players rights vs league right to punish, owners have their own guidelines to follow that don't apply to the CBA.

The arguments your quoting are the usual bullshit the NFLPA have tried in the pass and loss, over and over.

when has a player or the NFLPA helped a player in a suit after an appointed former federal judge handed down discipline only to have her decision overruled by Goodell who installed his own discipline?