• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rizzo has been on Cleveland radio (and been a sports news guy) for years here. Not sure he has any inside info the others don't who have said no suspension, 6-8 games, a year+, etc.

Clearly some (many?) will end up having bad intel as been all over the place on how this will play out.

Hopefully we know soon.
next week?

Judge Sue Robinson is not expected to rule in the NFL's Deshaun Watson case before the week of July 11.​

Each side has a brief due that week. The exact day is unclear. In turn, that probably means a ruling is not likely until the week of July 18, if then. Training camps will be beginning the following week, meaning both sides will be hoping for a resolution before July 25. The NFL is seeking an indefinite suspension with the possibility of reinstatement after a year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the NFLPA I would want to separate myself as far as possible from that guy. I don't think any other player in the league would be upset with them for not defending Watson in this situation.
likely you'd be wrong.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true if you mean what the rest of the players think of him wont affect Robinson's decision.
Won’t matter because as long as the NFL adheres to the CBA the NFLPA will have no viable case. Not that has stopped the NFLPA from filling hapless suits in the past and depleting their coffers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won’t matter because as long as the NFL adheres to the CBA the NFLPA will have no viable case. Not that has stopped the NFLPA from filling hapless suits in the past and depleting their coffers.
No disagreement there...especially if it's the Judge's ruling he is trying to make his case against. The NFLPA had a hand in hiring her to that position. Though would be permissible under the CBA, I could see him having a chance at a viable suit if Goodell overturned her ruling for a longer suspension pretty much on his own.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disagreement there...especially if it's the Judge's ruling he is trying to make his case against. The NFLPA had a hand in hiring her to that position. Though would be permissible under the CBA, I could see him having a chance at a viable suit if Goodell overturned her ruling for a longer suspension pretty much on his own.
So first you agree then go on to disagree with what I posted, that is so you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So first you agree then go on to disagree with what I posted, that is so you.
I looked at it more than one way. But, sure, could have said I mostly agreed instead of implying agreed fully with your comments. You then tried to start a disagreement. So you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You covered yourself which ever way the case goes. That’s your norm.
I did change my last comment before you wrote that and said I should have said I mostly (or maybe kind of) agree with you as opposed to agree fully. You wanted an argument which is so you (and I get it's been kind of boring here lately)

Covered myself? I looked at a couple aspects of the situation as there is more than one. One I looked at was Judge Robinson's decision standing (whatever it is). another would be if Goodell overruled her decision unfavorably for Watson. I believe they have no leg to stand on a suit for the former and they could make a case perhaps on the latter.

Simple, really.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Covered myself? I looked at a couple aspects of the situation as there is more than one. One I looked at was Judge Robinson's decision standing (whatever it is). another would be if Goodell overruled her decision unfavorably for Watson. I believe they have no leg to stand on a suit for the former and they could make a case perhaps on the latter.

Simple, really.
Sure cause Watson is much more the victim than Elliot ever was..the number of complaints tells you that

Another "aspect "
The players union likes Watson more

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like it's getting pretty late in the game for a ruling to not have come down yet

Browns open camp in 9 days

I'd think both sides would want the timing and the appeal handled before that

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure cause Watson is much more the victim than Elliot ever was..the number of complaints tells you that

Another "aspect "
The players union likes Watson more
did Elliot get a suspension handed down by a former federal judge that was then overturned by Goodell as would need to happen in this case?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like it's getting pretty late in the game for a ruling to not have come down yet

Browns open camp in 9 days

I'd think both sides would want the timing and the appeal handled before that
While I'm sure they would, not sure the judge cares and it's been said she will take her time before she rules.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did Elliot get a suspension handed down by a former federal judge that was then overturned by Goodell as would need to happen in this case?
The lead INVESTIGATOR was a former assistant attorney general from NY the NFL hired as their Director on Investigations. She was the only INVESTIGATOR to interview the accuser. She recommended zero games in her report. Rodger didn't invite her to the meeting that determined suspension length. The NFLPA was sure they could get the suspension reduced

But Hey..your talking about a former federal judge, I'm sure Rodger will sit this one out.