• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet all reports we have heard said the NFL did not mention force (or coercion) in the hearing against Watson.

No doubt he needs help and hopefully that is part of any punishment/negotiation.
Can you tell me who was present at the Watson hearing? Was the media present? If not, isn't what they say hearsay? I strongly disagree with " no coercion" Lets see what happens.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you tell me who was present at the Watson hearing? Was the media present? If not, isn't what they say hearsay? I strongly disagree with " no coercion" Lets see what happens.
Can agree we just need to wait and see what happens at this point (as hard to know what really happened in these reports), but as I said, you and others agree with anything that supports your agenda, dismiss what does not.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can agree we just need to wait and see what happens at this point (as hard to know what really happened in these reports), but as I said, you and others agree with anything that supports your agenda, dismiss what does not.
Well after over a year some of us have drawn conclusions, doesn't mean we have an agenda, just means we have an opinion based on the over all reports. You have even said Watson needs help, must be a reason for that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we wonder why there were no criminal charges lolzzz

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well after over a year some of us have drawn conclusions, doesn't mean we have an agenda, just means we have an opinion based on the over all reports. You have even said Watson needs help, must be a reason for that.
But you still believe anything that supports your agenda even if just a report. If it does not support your agenda then it's hearsay, unsubstantiated, reporter not there, etc.

I mean, how many take the "adult" comment as fact that it was a knock against Baker when it has been attributed to no one and we don't even know why it might have been said (was a question asked, just offered the opinion, etc)?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you still believe anything that supports your agenda even if just a report. If it does not support your agenda then it's hearsay, unsubstantiated, reporter not there, etc.

I mean, how many take the "adult" comment as fact that it was a knock against Baker when it has been attributed to no one and we don't even know why it might have been said (was a question asked, just offered the opinion, etc)?
Saying I believe anything that supports my conclusions is a stretch at the very least, but once drawing a conclusion I'm more likely to agree with reports that verify my conclusion then those that go against my conclusion, that's just being human. I don't have in skin in Bakers trade market ( while you do) I just judged it to the best of my abilities and honestly was fairly of accurate when I said it was similar to Bridgewater to the Broncos.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying I believe anything that supports my conclusions is a stretch at the very least, but once drawing a conclusion I'm more likely to agree with reports that verify my conclusion then those that go against my conclusion, that's just being human. I don't have in skin in Bakers trade market ( while you do) I just judged it to the best of my abilities and honestly was fairly of accurate when I said it was similar to Bridgewater to the Broncos.
I thought most of your comments about Baker being traded were fair other than the misguided victory lap.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no

The league is insisting on an indefinite suspension and Watson’s side is arguing there’s no basis for a punishment that significant, two people in attendance told the Associated Press. Both people spoke on condition of anonymity because the hearing isn’t public.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no

The league is insisting on an indefinite suspension and Watson’s side is arguing there’s no basis for a punishment that significant, two people in attendance told the Associated Press. Both people spoke on condition of anonymity because the hearing isn’t public.
Well the final outcome ( so after appeals) will sure be interesting. Personally feel the NFL prevails.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the final outcome ( so after appeals) will sure be interesting. Personally feel the NFL prevails.
what does the NFL prevailing mean since they've been saying they want either a year or indefinite suspension?

To be fair, I'm not even saying they care all that much and that is not just posturing so they can say they tried if they don't get that...just curious what you think prevailing means.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does the NFL prevailing mean since they've been saying they want either a year or indefinite suspension?

To be fair, I'm not even saying they care all that much and that is not just posturing so they can say they tried if they don't get that...just curious what you think prevailing means.
I think prevailing means indefinite suspension. With 4 more cases pending until next off season and a couple of possible new suits pending a indefinite suspension just makes sense to me. The NFL wants to have the image of caring about women well being in relationship to NFL players, so to me this is a no brainer for Goodell and the only thing to abort a indefinite suspension is if the judge clears Watson of any wrong doing and that seems so very unlikely, especially with a women judge.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think prevailing means indefinite suspension. With 4 more cases pending until next off season and a couple of possible new suits pending a indefinite suspension just makes sense to me. The NFL wants to have the image of caring about women well being in relationship to NFL players, so to me this is a no brainer for Goodell and the only thing to abort a indefinite suspension is if the judge clears Watson of any wrong doing and that seems so very unlikely, especially with a women judge.
Would 6-8 games but has to apply for reinstatement be a win for the NFL. Anything other than indefinite a loss?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would 6-8 games but has to apply for reinstatement be a win for the NFL. Anything other than indefinite a loss?
I don't think so with the cases still hanging out there and potential additional cases being filed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so with the cases still hanging out there and potential additional cases being filed.
Not sure it has to be indefinite for the NFL to be allowed to suspend later should something else happen/be discovered.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure it has to be indefinite for the NFL to be allowed to suspend later should something else happen/be discovered.
Safest course to protect the NFL image is a indefinite suspension IMO, just to many pitfalls to risk any thing else.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safest course to protect the NFL image is a indefinite suspension IMO, just to many pitfalls to risk any thing else.
So, again, if not indefinite the NFL "lost"?

She may take a while since she was provided with briefs from each side. My guess is they settle first. Maybe something like he pays back his salary from last season and adding anything from 2-8 games. But who the hell knows?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, again, if not indefinite the NFL "lost"?

She may take a while since she was provided with briefs from each side. My guess is they settle first. Maybe something like he pays back his salary from last season and adding anything from 2-8 games. But who the hell knows?
IDK about saying any thing less is a lost, but any thing less is not ideal and there isn't much reason IMO for settling for less then ideal for the NFL.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about saying any thing less is a lost, but any thing less is not ideal and there isn't much reason IMO for settling for less then ideal for the NFL.
Possible (likely?) NFL only cares about public opinion. They have already done the posturing to show they allegedly want a year or indefinite. Not sure how it helps the league if he gets a long suspension.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible (likely?) NFL only cares about public opinion. They have already done the posturing to show they allegedly want a year or indefinite. Not sure how it helps the league if he gets a long suspension.
Image is what trumps here and be a blow if Watson only got 6-8 games then next off season he lose one or more suits. Why would the NFL risk that when they can give an indefinite suspension at no risk.