• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the Zeke investigation team said NO punishment because the accuser was a verified liar.

The Giants fan who led the investigation banned that investigator from talking suspension with Goodell.
Yes...and there are some who think Watson should get no suspension. do you really not think there were a number of fans who wanted a longer suspension for Zeke based solely on their hate for the Boys?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long but a good listen. Those with the anti watson will push back on a lot of it, of course but seems like the best points are all that matters are the 5 cases the NFL presented....there was no coercion, violence, etc.......Robinson can only go by the facts/evidence presented.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...and there are some who think Watson should get no suspension. do you really not think there were a number of fans who wanted a longer suspension for Zeke based solely on their hate for the Boys?
I have not heard that. Please show us.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL leaked an indefinite suspension, with a minimum of a year. I suspect that it will be indefinite, with Watson able to apply for reinstatement next spring if he has fulfilled certain requirements.

i.e. I don't think a definitive return date will be coming this year, but it's possible he plays all of 2023.

And remember, if there's any punishment at all, Goodell can impose any conditions he wants. Vick for example had to agree to psychiatric testing and then continued counseling.
Goodell assigned somebody else to dole out the punishment I believe.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it happens.....but if he gets an indefinite suspension....the Browns are going to look really stupid after signing him to that huge deal.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One major problem you're missing. A CBA can over rule LAW, when it's workplace related.

The players Collectively Agreed to give Goodell final say. So if Robinson says, six games, and the NFL ups it to a year, there's really nothing Watson can do to change it.
Not true.

Watson can appeal it through the players union.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the reporting but my common sense tells me the judge being a female probably doesn't help Watson. Especially a female in a high up position in an occupation largely dominated by men

The odds she's been propositioned inappropriately for "advancement opportunities" is fairly good

Id imagine that would impact her in some way
Not if she's a judge and knows how to do her job.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm asking about who thinks Watson should get no suspension?

You don't have that many accusations, then outta court settlements, if that scumbag didn't cross the line.

Sure as hell seems to me that he had to violate something in the league's personal conduct code. If he didn't then what's it for?

He deserves to be suspended. Don't ask me how many games, not my place to decide that. But no matter what the length is I'm good with it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true.

Watson can appeal it through the players union.
DJ please do some research before posting something that shows your ignorance on this issue. If a penalty is imposed Goodell has the final word on any appeal, this is common information that has been discussed here multiple times and has it has been established as fact.