• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool...not sure why you are telling me this as I only wondered in my comment why he ignored leaks that actually came from the hearing but thinks a tweet on 6/23 came from a leak from a hearing that began on 6/28
I'm not ignoring anything. But if the Judge rules he did violate policy he has to get some suspension, giving the NFL full authority to hand out what ever punishment it see fit.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ignoring anything. But if the Judge rules he did violate policy he has to get some suspension, giving the NFL full authority to hand out what ever punishment it see fit.
and then watson can appeal and miss another year
brady was suspended may 12 2015 and appealed It was reinstated april 25 2016

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they can....but would they? I'm not so sure. NFL can say they tried to get a year or longer for perception which is really all they care about. Watson being out doesn't really help the league.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Protect the shield.

The Browns fans will learn soon enough
Seems we know. If you'd like to try and be a big boy feel free.....

If the suspension is 6-8 games or even less?....."We wanted a year or even longer but we left it in the hands of a respected federal judge we helped appoint and will abide by her ruling."

If it's 10-12 games or longer no need for league to do anything.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the suspension is 6-8 games or even less?....."We wanted a year or even longer but we left it in the hands of a respected federal judge we helped appoint and will abide by her ruling."

Didn’t hurt the league a bit when Watson didn’t play last season So I don’t see the league caring if Watson doesn’t play, but I do think they want to be seen as taking this serious and if the judge were to decide on a light punishment ( and that we’ll have to wait and see) I believe Goodell will feel obligated to change it to a serious punishment.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they can....but would they? I'm not so sure. NFL can say they tried to get a year or longer for perception which is really all they care about. Watson being out doesn't really help the league.
Yes, I believe they would. The NFL has over penalized more often than not, and many in the NFL FO and fans think at least a year is appropriate.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have the Texans case to worry about too. More stuff on DW could come out in that. He at least has to be suspended until that is over

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GOOD you get your wish. Maybe 23

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t hurt the league a bit when Watson didn’t play last season So I don’t see the league caring if Watson doesn’t play, but I do think they want to be seen as taking this serious and if the judge were to decide on a light punishment ( and that we’ll have to wait and see) I believe Goodell will feel obligated to change it to a serious punishment.
It's not as if people outside the Cleveland market are turning on the Browns games anyway.

Now maybe with this circus more fans may be interested in watching the Browns?

Whatever the decision on Watson is will have little to no impact on who turns on a Browns game.

A perceived light handed ruling could affect who turns on NFL games.

I'll still watch regardless of the outcome. I may not be happy with the decision but I can separate that one bad apple doesn't spoil the entire pie.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a reflection of what I think will be the outcome but people don't want to see 17 games of Jacoby Brissett. Nor do they want to see 17 games of Taylor Heinicke, Drew Lock, Geno Smith, and 1 or 2 others. No-one wanted to see 16 games of Kerry Collins. At this point many people don't want to see 1 game of Deshaun Watson. There's no good or fair outcome to this mess.

It's a catch the greased pig contest and us Hoop.la hillbillies love it. :thumb:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I have no agenda and am willing to see both sides I don't dismiss your opinion out of hand and you could be right.

But they may also do as I suggested and simply say "We wanted a year or more but will abide by the ruling of the federal judge both parties appointed to make this decision."

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I believe they would. The NFL has over penalized more often than not, and many in the NFL FO and fans think at least a year is appropriate.
Probably were many who thought Zeke deserved more than 6 games as they didn't like Dallas, OSU or Zeke and went with an emotional agenda.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have the Texans case to worry about too. More stuff on DW could come out in that. He at least has to be suspended until that is over
Or the league would like to see it go away as they don't want more stuff to come out that could affect Houston and their owner?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably were many who thought Zeke deserved more than 6 games as they didn't like Dallas, OSU or Zeke and went with an emotional agenda.
One of the Zeke investigation team said NO punishment because the accuser was a verified liar.

The Giants fan who led the investigation banned that investigator from talking suspension with Goodell.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the league would like to see it go away as they don't want more stuff to come out that could affect Houston and their owner?
At this point the league has virtually no controll on the Texans being involved going away.