• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think where people struggle on this debate is that some people are still working under the assumption that the league cares if Watson is guilty

I can assure you they do not

They care about bad PR, loss of sponsors and loss of money

That's it

They're going to error on the side of overkill and deal with the very very minimal pushback they'd receive for it as opposed to the monster backlash they'd get from going soft on Watson

That's just the reality and they've proven it time and time and time again.
I not sure about not caring about guilt, but image definitely trumps all and overkill certainly works better then being soft PR wise.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm aware Goodell has the power to overturn the decision as I've said more than once (as mentioned, if struggling with comprehension just ask), but she's a federal judge which carries a bit more prestige when it comes to making fair decisions.
One major problem you're missing. A CBA can over rule LAW, when it's workplace related.

The players Collectively Agreed to give Goodell final say. So if Robinson says, six games, and the NFL ups it to a year, there's really nothing Watson can do to change it.

Even if it goes back to Robinson the NFL can bring it back to a 2nd Judge who will uphold it due to the CBA.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that if there was an agreement between Watson and the massuers to perform extra care, and the police were the ones accusing Watson, more of us would be on Watson's side, and saying no suspension or very minimal suspension is warranted.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One major problem you're missing. A CBA can over rule LAW, when it's workplace related.

The players Collectively Agreed to give Goodell final say. So if Robinson says, six games, and the NFL ups it to a year, there's really nothing Watson can do to change it.

Even if it goes back to Robinson the NFL can bring it back to a 2nd Judge who will uphold it due to the CBA.
How am I missing this when I've mentioned it a few times? My point has been if they care about optics the optics might take a hit to overrule a federal judge to impose your own ideas when you had a hand in bringing in said judge.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I missing this when I've mentioned it a few times? My point has been if they care about optics the optics might take a hit to overrule a federal judge to impose your own ideas when you had a hand in bringing in said judge.
OK, then you're ignoring it, as my whole argument is based off if the CBA.

Again the CBA holds more prestige than a Judge since the PLAYERS agreed to it.

If it's league related Goodell is the Supreme Judge.

Apparently the Judge you think will save the Browns has said Watson violation league polucy, and suggested Unprecedented Discipline

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently the Judge you think will save the Browns has said Watson violation league polucy, and suggested Unprecedented Discipline

Makes you wonder if by unprecedented discipline if a permanent ban is being considered.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never said she'd save the Browns. I don't work in obsoletes as I don't pretend to know how this will go and form opinions based on an agenda. But you do you.

Curious about that tweet, though, as didn't it come before the hearings even began with Robinson?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me wonder how he came up with this insight on 6/23 when the hearings just finished, didn't they?
By the end of the month we should know the outcome. Looking forward to it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the end of the month we should know the outcome. Looking forward to it.
Think might be longer but does not answer my question....how did he come up wit this insight on 6/23 when the hearings had not concluded (don't even think they had started).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think might be longer but does not answer my question....how did he come up wit this insight on 6/23 when the hearings had not concluded (don't even think they had started).
Leaks

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you ignoring conflicting leaks - which are actually coming from the actual hearings - that say he will get a much lighter suspension?
Over kill just makes more sense then a light sentence. We well find out soon enough which way this falls.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you ignoring conflicting leaks - which are coming from the actual hearings - that say he will get a much lighter suspension?

udge Sue Robinson is not expected to rule in the NFL's Deshaun Watson case before the week of July 11.​

Each side has a brief due that week. The exact day is unclear. In turn, that probably means a ruling is not likely until the week of July 18, if then. Training camps will be beginning the following week, meaning both sides will be hoping for a resolution before July 25. The NFL is seeking an indefinite suspension with the possibility of reinstatement after a year.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the reporting but my common sense tells me the judge being a female probably doesn't help Watson. Especially a female in a high up position in an occupation largely dominated by men

The odds she's been propositioned inappropriately for "advancement opportunities" is fairly good

Id imagine that would impact her in some way

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waiting on the full ban from the NFL :yes:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes you wonder if by unprecedented discipline if a permanent ban is being considered.
I don't believe the Jugde will go that far. I could see a timed suspension with the added vocalization of saying she considered more.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over kill just makes more sense then a light sentence. We well find out soon enough which way this falls.
Cool....but I'm still curious how they got leaks from a hearing that was nearly a week away from starting if the date of the tweet was correct..

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

udge Sue Robinson is not expected to rule in the NFL's Deshaun Watson case before the week of July 11.​

Each side has a brief due that week. The exact day is unclear. In turn, that probably means a ruling is not likely until the week of July 18, if then. Training camps will be beginning the following week, meaning both sides will be hoping for a resolution before July 25. The NFL is seeking an indefinite suspension with the possibility of reinstatement after a year.
Cool...not sure why you are telling me this as I only wondered in my comment why he ignored leaks that actually came from the hearing but thinks a tweet on 6/23 came from a leak from a hearing that began on 6/28