• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool....but if the NFL is not emotional like the fans they may not want a year and saying they do is just posturing.
Sure, I thought it’s already been said they want a year. I can’t see them saying it for just posturing

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
accused, but seems the NFL didn't bring up force, coercion or violence so as far as they are concerned, accused him of what, exactly?
Prostitution. If he paid or tipped beyond a reasonable amount, this act can be seen as prostitution and with it violate the league conduct policy. However, at that point, the women should be looked at as well and charges be brought against them for prostitution, which could mean jail time for them. At that point, I bet nearly every woman drops out of this, which is probably why they wanted to settle as quickly as they could so they could get their payday and avoid any of these issues.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool, but coercion was not brought up in the hearing by the NFL.
I read the link you provided and sounds more like an opinion then a fact that no coercion was presented, likely depends on what is considered coercion. If the NFL isn't using coercion as a reason, what reason do they give for a suspension?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I thought it’s already been said they want a year. I can’t see them saying it for just posturing
Yes, it has been said and, yes, it might be for posturing. They want a year but presented no evidence of coercion, force or violence?

could definitely see them doing this for posturing. Not like him getting suspended for a year helps the league. But saying it's what they want can help in the public eye, which might be all they care about.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the link you provided and sounds more like an opinion then a fact that no coercion was presented, likely depends on what is considered coercion. If the NFL isn't using coercion as a reason, what reason do they give for a suspension?
prostitution? Simply the vague conduct policy (detrimental to the league)?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not reported as an opinion...now I can agree we cannot take this as fact as the author has no actual source.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judge Sue Robinson is not expected to rule in the NFL's Deshaun Watson case before the week of July 11.​

Each side has a brief due that week. The exact day is unclear. In turn, that probably means a ruling is not likely until the week of July 18, if then. Training camps will be beginning the following week, meaning both sides will be hoping for a resolution before July 25. The NFL is seeking an indefinite suspension with the possibility of reinstatement after a year.

thats-great.gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that 24 women have filed civil suits again him absolutely does.

Just. Stop.

Also, you avoided my question...where are any of your facts on the women?
Filins a suit alone is not enough to suspend him especially with only the facts you provided.

what facts are even needed if the facts provided amount to nothing worthy of a long suspension or maybe not a suspension at all?

IF these are facts, though, it's kind of telling
*Some of the women contacted him to see him again after their allegations - have heard this mentioned as fact (but I'm not certain since I have no agenda one way or the other)
*some stayed to watch him masturbate after being so horrified by his actions - this is fact according to the report of at least 1 (and think more)

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said they had to agree to anything but likely NFL not as emotional as you and some other fans and realize how the optics would look to disagree with a federal judge they had a hand in appointing.
Doubt that emotion is what is driving the uproar surrounding this issue, when there are unequivocal facts that fall more in the realm of rationality.

Surely, the sexual abuse accusations he faces spark deep emotions, but here are some facts to consider, beyond the emotional drama:

1) Browns signed arguably the worst possible contract with Watson, regardless if he is suspended or not. No individual player is worth that much. Also, to compare him -as some do- to greats such as Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, etc. is a foolish exercise at best.

2) Watson has not played a down in more than a year and with possible suspensions, he is a rust bucket to say the least. Also, some portray him as some kind of formidable machine, that he would presumably be a plug-and-play device that will deliver immediate outstanding results and carry the Browns to a SB appearance and/or title. Rubbish! If that happens, there are many good players on the team that would contribute and sincerely doubt Watson’s leadership qualities … What did he do for the Texans in terms of leadership?

3) When and if Watson returns to play, he will have to compete against a field of great young QBs, especially in AFC. Some Watson cheerleaders pretend that he can just jump in the fray in a new system, after having been out of play since 2020, and deliver spectacular results against fierce competition. Wishful thinking man.

4) How he will be able to concentrate and play well is a mystery to me. He would have to be 100% innocent of the charges against him, and have the mental fortitude to push aside all the negativity of having been wrongfully blamed and pursued for the heinous acts he committed over a sustained period of time.

5) The evidence of his addictive behavior, believing he was doing no wrong, is a black cloud that will loom over him and the Browns for the foreseeable future.

Does anyone actually believe he can just hop on the field and pretend nothing ever happened?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said they had to agree to anything but likely NFL not as emotional as you and some other fans and realize how the optics would look to disagree with a federal judge they had a hand in appointing.
You sure made it sound as using Watsons SIT OUT as part of a suspension.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt that emotion is what is driving the uproar surrounding this issue, when there are unequivocal facts that fall more in the realm of rationality.

Surely, the sexual abuse accusations he faces spark deep emotions, but here are some facts to consider, beyond the emotional drama:

1) Browns signed arguably the worst possible contract with Watson, regardless if he is suspended or not. No individual player is worth that much. Also, to compare him -as some do- to greats such as Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, etc. is a foolish exercise at best.

2) Watson has not played a down in more than a year and with possible suspensions, he is a rust bucket to say the least. Also, some portray him as some kind of formidable machine, that he would presumably be a plug-and-play device that will deliver immediate outstanding results and carry the Browns to a SB appearance and/or title. Rubbish! If that happens, there are many good players on the team that would contribute and sincerely doubt Watson’s leadership qualities … What did he do for the Texans in terms of leadership?

3) When and if Watson returns to play, he will have to compete against a field of great young QBs, especially in AFC. Some Watson cheerleaders pretend that he can just jump in the fray in a new system, after having been out of play since 2020, and deliver spectacular results against fierce competition. Wishful thinking man.

4) How he will be able to concentrate and play well is a mystery to me. He would have to be 100% innocent of the charges against him, and have the mental fortitude to push aside all the negativity of having been wrongfully blamed and pursued for the heinous acts he committed over a sustained period of time.

5) The evidence of his addictive behavior, believing he was doing no wrong, is a black cloud that will loom over him and the Browns for the foreseeable future.

Does anyone actually believe he can just hop on the field and pretend nothing ever happened?
I'll reply in order (and agree with a lot of what you say....

1) Is the contract that bad? I mean, it would essentially be the same if it was 10 years, $460 mil, $230 mil guaranteed. agree way too early to put him on the level of the greats you mention and doubt he approaches Brady or AR. Mahomes? Let's see what he does if he ever has a roster like watson has had.

2) Might be 100% spot on

3) He could do it but agree.....who knows without seeing it?

4) I think if the suspension and suits are behind him it's very possible he can put this behind him but, sure, who knows what's inside his head.

5) Once any suspension is over and he finishes out that season it will be forgotten by most IMO.

To your last question? By all reports he has in OTAs. That said, maybe that's a part of his disorder (just doesn't care). Guy needs help for sure

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prostitution. If he paid or tipped beyond a reasonable amount, this act can be seen as prostitution and with it violate the league conduct policy. However, at that point, the women should be looked at as well and charges be brought against them for prostitution, which could mean jail time for them. At that point, I bet nearly every woman drops out of this, which is probably why they wanted to settle as quickly as they could so they could get their payday and avoid any of these issues.
True, but if it was agreed upon prostitution, we most likely never hear of it.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you're talking about here.
This

92.3 also mentioned Florio being on and saying something being discussed is Watson gives back the $10 mil he received last year and the 2021 season being counted then as time served...think he said with 6-8 games added on.

The NFL won't agree to last season being time served. That was a beef between Watson and the Texans.....

LOL.

NFL can do whatever they want and if they see he might get a short suspension who knows what they'd agree to?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Filins a suit alone is not enough to suspend him especially with only the facts you provided.

what facts are even needed if the facts provided amount to nothing worthy of a long suspension or maybe not a suspension at all?

IF these are facts, though, it's kind of telling
*Some of the women contacted him to see him again after their allegations - have heard this mentioned as fact (but I'm not certain since I have no agenda one way or the other)
*some stayed to watch him masturbate after being so horrified by his actions - this is fact according to the report of at least 1 (and think more)
You have a clear agenda. Whatever is best for the Browns is what you want. In your mind, Watson should not be suspended. If he is, in your mind Mayfield should want to stay. In your mind, the Browns should want Mayfield to stay.

Your ONLY position throughout multiple threads has been nothing but an agenda for the best case scenario for the Browns.

In at least one of your "the women came back" arguments, Watson did not actually do anything in the 1st meeting. It wasn't until the 2nd time that he assaulted her by masturbating and trying to get her to rub his penis. If you are going to use this as a fact, you should probably at least read up on why some of them returned.

Already covered the "staying to watch" portion. Seems like Watson has a pretty quick trigger (and we're not talking about passes) - and I'd wager that more than a few of them were stunned into being frozen - not knowing what to do.

You even accused on victim of not leaving her own house, where one of the instances took place.

Your agenda is 100% victim blaming in the hopes that the Browns get the best possible outcome. Anyone who goes against these outcomes must have an agenda opposite of that.

You are a sad excuse for a fan - and quite honestly - a sad excuse for a human to even entertain this path. This will be my last response to you...it's pathetic to continue down this road with someone who is as deranged as you are to actually blame the victims because you want your sports team to win.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll reply in order (and agree with a lot of what you say....

1) Is the contract that bad? I mean, it would essentially be the same if it was 10 years, $460 mil, $230 mil guaranteed. agree way too early to put him on the level of the greats you mention and doubt he approaches Brady or AR. Mahomes? Let's see what he does if he ever has a roster like watson has had.

2) Might be 100% spot on

3) He could do it but agree.....who knows without seeing it?

4) I think if the suspension and suits are behind him it's very possible he can put this behind him but, sure, who knows what's inside his head.

5) Once any suspension is over and he finishes out that season it will be forgotten by most IMO.

To your last question? By all reports he has in OTAs. That said, maybe that's a part of his disorder (just doesn't care). Guy needs help for sure
Good, so there is some rationality in here somewhere :)
Good luck to your Browns man, but what a scandal. I agree most fans will tend to forget once the season starts, but the stain on player will remain.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hearing they (assuming Watsons side) is trying to use last year as part of the suspension he will be getting.
You know where he said he wouldnt play for his team. That year.

If this comes about I cant wait for the shit that will be hitting the fan on this one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good, so there is some rationality in here somewhere :)
Good luck to your Browns man, but what a scandal. I agree most fans will tend to forget once the season starts, but the stain on player will remain.
Haha...only irrational from me is thinking I can argue with the irrational as I know I cannot. If you've read a lot here, you can see there's a handful in here with an agenda on one side here and want nothing to do with what anything that might be in Watson's favor

This one is definitely out there and with nothing like it in sports that I can recall it's hard to say how it will end up.

For me I thought from the beginning I liked the deal but no doubt figured it could come back and bite us (still might) in many ways.....the obvious a long suspension, Baker could play well, Watson could struggle, etc.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hearing they (assuming Watsons side) is trying to use last year as part of the suspension he will be getting.
You know where he said he wouldnt play for his team. That year.

If this comes about I cant wait for the shit that will be hitting the fan on this one.
Just missing the season as it was should not count for sure. But if he returns his salary I guess I could see counting it as part of an agreement between the 2 sides.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just missing the season as it was should not count for sure. But if he returns his salary I guess I could see counting it as part of an agreement between the 2 sides.
I'd be against it. Since it only helps Watson he is the one that is supposed to being punished. He voluntarily sat out last season. & the money he made in 2021 (that he would give back) is less than he would lose in 2023. That would be catering to the guilty.

Now if I am the Texans. I would be all for it. They would get his salary back for the next cap & maybe even be able to go after part of his signing bonus he never deserved.

On the plus side though. Would love to watch thousands of women protesting Goodells house & office everyday.