• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. Now you want to go off of what is reported? :scratch:
With Watson its you cant believe what has been reported.
With Mayfield, you cant believe what is reported.

but with this. You need to go off of what is reported?
Read our discussion and try again. Not really related to what you mentioned....but I get you are Reply based on Poster and not Post Boy so you do you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd settle with them even if he did nothing?

He might settle with someone if he assumed something was consensual and now they say no.
Absolutely he could settle even if he did nothing. NFL might have said it would help him in their eyes (maybe the judge, too). Maybe wants it out of the spotlight. Perhaps does not want to be going to depositions/court the next 2-3 years or longer.

Now if he was a regular Joe Shmo without a shit ton of money? Then, no, not as likely he'd settle.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't get how Kraft is brought up here.

Kraft went to a massage parlor where Happy Endings are performed for a fee, Kraft agreed to said fee, and his masseuse agreed to the job at hand. An illegal act, yes but still there was an agreement.

In Watsons cases there APPEARS to be no agreement, hence the sexual assault complaints
all caps is all you really need to know...though I didn't think much if anything should have happened to Kraft and, sure, it's different.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the suspension occurs, it’s over. Now if they gave him an indefinite suspension we have a different case but at this point that seems extremely unlikely.
Worst case for Watson- one year suspension
Best case 4-6 from Robinson or after an appeal.

I have said 8-10 all along from the start. I expect that
Talking heads who once seemed confident a year was coming (at least initial ruling) now seem to think 6-8 (or less according to some) is more likely.

We'll see

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key word is SOME.

As for the bolded, as long as Robinson hands down any suspension, Roger can adjust it any way he wants.

What the NFL "Roger" can't do is suspended a player if the investigator says no suspension, if the investgator gives any suspension Roger can then increase or decrease it.
By investigator that means the judge, correct?

This is only wording/semantics but the NFL needs to appeal the ruling for Goodell to change it (if Watson does not). Is it also Goodell who decides to appeal? Is it kind of a wink and Goodell tells whoever would decide they should appeal?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL won't agree to last season being time served. That was a beef between Watson and the Texans.....

LOL.
NFL can do whatever they want and if they see he might get a short suspension who knows what they'd agree to?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to what is being reported in the hearings, no force, violence or coercion was mentioned in any of the cases that were brought up against him......

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All your facts do not equal a year long suspension or maybe not even any suspension.
The fact that 24 women have filed civil suits again him absolutely does.

Just. Stop.

Also, you avoided my question...where are any of your facts on the women?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judge Sue Robinson is not expected to rule in the NFL's Deshaun Watson case before the week of July 11.​

Each side has a brief due that week. The exact day is unclear. In turn, that probably means a ruling is not likely until the week of July 18, if then. Training camps will be beginning the following week, meaning both sides will be hoping for a resolution before July 25. The NFL is seeking an indefinite suspension with the possibility of reinstatement after a year.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all caps is all you really need to know...though I didn't think much if anything should have happened to Kraft and, sure, it's different.
OK, with Kraft no victem accused him.

Now how many ACCUSED Watson?

That's all you really need to know.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL can do whatever they want and if they see he might get a short suspension who knows what they'd agree to?
The NFL doesn’t have to agree to shit, unless Robinson says NO suspension.

If Robinson hands down a one day suspension, the NFL can then hand out any punishment it sees fit.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've gone through the miss understanding of what power Goodell has. Fact is if the JUDGE determines discipline is warranted and then hands down punishment the NFL thinks is to strong or lenient, the NFL can change it. All Roger cant do is say rather or not Watson violated policy.

• If the independent arbitrator determines a personal conduct violation occurred, the arbitrator can ultimately determine the punishment for the infraction. If the NFL disagrees with the punishment, the league can appeal it to Goodell, who ultimately has a significant measure of power over the process once it’s agreed that a violation took place.
What this means is that Watson’s future will first rest in the hands of an arbitrator. After that, if it’s found that a violation of the personal conduct policy occurred, his punishment will ultimately rest in the hands of the NFL and Goodell.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, with Kraft no victem accused him.

Now how many ACCUSED Watson?

That's all you really need to know.
accused, but seems the NFL didn't bring up force, coercion or violence so as far as they are concerned, accused him of what, exactly?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Robinson hands down a one day suspension, the NFL can then hand out any punishment it sees fit.
Correct. She can hand out a punishment ( or say no punishment is warranted but that seems very unlikely) and the NFL can appeal it to Goodell. The NFL wants a indefinite suspension so the odds are high that is what Watson ends up with.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never said they had to agree to anything but likely NFL not as emotional as you and some other fans and realize how the optics would look to disagree with a federal judge they had a hand in appointing.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
accused, but seems the NFL didn't bring up force, coercion or violence so as far as they are concerned, accused him of what, exactly?
IDK about you but Watson exposing himself, brushing his penis against them, placing their hand on his penis sure seems like coercion to me.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. She can hand out a punishment ( or say no punishment is warranted but that seems very unlikely) and the NFL can appeal it to Goodell. The NFL wants a indefinite suspension so the odds are high that is what Watson ends up with.
NFL, in fact, cannot appeal it if no punishment is handed down.

Do you think the NFL wants to contradict the ruling of a federal judge whom they had a hand in appointing to her position?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about you but Watson exposing himself, brushing his penis against them, placing their hand on his penis sure seems like coercion to me.
Cool, but coercion was not brought up in the hearing by the NFL.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the nfl wants a year, they’ll get a year. That simple

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the nfl wants a year, they’ll get a year. That simple
cool....but if the NFL is not emotional like the fans they may not want a year and saying they do is just posturing.