• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find crazy is how the hell has he not been convicted of a crime with this many accusations?

Has the credibility of some of the accusers been brought into question, is that why two grand juries declined to move forward? Were some of the places he visited not legit massage parlors?

With this many women stepping forward a conviction seems like it should have been a slam dunk. But obviously that's not the case.
Yup. That's been the headscratcher all along.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Gregory? Josh Gordon?

I'm guessing no one has been accused of committing their respective infraction against 26 people either
Yes, why I said no doubt a lot of accusers. was Gordon charged/indicted with a felony? Might be wrong but didn't think he was.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old widower got a hand-job. That's horrible.
Ugly old woman was happy to oblige.

If you can't see the difference between consensual hand job and 26 cases of sexual assault, then what use is the discussion?
Truth be told I don't think Kraft deserved much punishment if any as I see it as you do. But part of a human trafficking ring makes it a bit worse. also seems like Kraft did what he was accused of. Did Watson? My guess is likely against someone but who knows for sure? also, was it assault? I have more doubts about that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, why I said no doubt a lot of accusers. was Gordon charged/indicted with a felony? Might be wrong but didn't think he was.
Neither guy was that I recall. That is why I listed them. I'm guessing there are more. Probably drug related

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find crazy is how the hell has he not been convicted of a crime with this many accusations?

Has the credibility of some of the accusers been brought into question, is that why two grand juries declined to move forward? Were some of the places he visited not legit massage parlors?

With this many women stepping forward a conviction seems like it should have been a slam dunk. But obviously that's not the case.
Not even an indictment let alone a conviction.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither guy was that I recall. That is why I listed them. I'm guessing there are more. Probably drug related
Person I heard mention it (thought either Florio or Rose) was the one who said no one had ever gotten what they want to give watson (year) without an indictment for a felony or gambling.

No doubt with so many accusers this one is different. cannot really think of anything in sports that is a good comparison to the Watson case. why it's kind of nuts for anyone to think he/she knows what will or should be the penalty.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's actually not that crazy. Sex crimes in general are nearly impossible to prosecute and the conviction rate isn't good

Most sex crimes amount to a "he said she said" deal and even with physical evidence all that's really been proven is sex occurred. Consent can't be determined by dna

In cases like this with little or no physical evidence is even tougher

Its why so so few sex crimes are even reported. Women often don't want to go through the victim shaming that comes with accusations when the odds of anything coming from the accusations are so slim

Civil Court is different because there is no assumption of innocence. It's merely the preponderance of the evidence

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unqualified DA?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually not that crazy. Sex crimes in general are nearly impossible to prosecute and the conviction rate isn't good

Most sex crimes amount to a "he said she said" deal and even with physical evidence all that's really been proven is sex occurred. Consent can't be determined by dna

Its why so so few sex crimes are even reported. Women often don't want to go through the victim shaming that comes with accusations when the odds of anything coming from the accusations are so slim

Civil Court is different because there is no assumption of innocence. It's merely the preponderance of the evidence
But in this case we are talking just the grand jury finding enough evidence to send it to trial, not even discussing a conviction and also it isn't he said/she said, its he said/(she said x 26). I still feel it's a head scratcher and just the little bit we know is enough to send it to trial. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe Watson's BS story for a minute which is part of why it's a head scratcher

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for the breakdown. I don't know anything about how courts work with a situation like this. But I really wasn't aware of how difficult a conviction can be.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so you're on a jury

The assumption you must have is the defendant is innocent unless proven beyond a reasonable doubt

The defendant is a well known and wealthy athlete

Multiple women have accused him of sexual misconduct ranging so the way up to assault. Little physical evidence ( if any )

The defense says "yes sex acts took place but they weren't forced"

Is there at least a slim chance that Watson didn't force sex and instead is simply a sick freak sex addict who can't help but request sex on any situation he thinks that he may get it? And that he brought the NDAs with him to the appointments because he didn't want these women telling everyone what a fucking pervy weirdo he is?

I'd say that's at least plausible. Plausible enough that it's unlikely you'd get a conviction

Now conversely in civil court there's no assumption of innocence so the question becomes "is it more likely Watson used his fame and wealth to demand sex from women and he brought the NDAs with him to ensure they wouldn't tell anyone or is it more likely he'd just s freak weirdo who was only asking for handied but didn't expect them as a certainty"

Reactions: DJ

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the very least he has some serious issues.
Best case for Watson is he's a sex addict with no ability to discern when it's appropriate to try and get some ass ( which means he has no impulse control at all)

And that's best case lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same as Zeke.

Difference is Zeke had ONE accuuser, Watson has 26.

There is no other known case to compare Watson to, so stop. It makes you sound ridiculous.
I mean, I just said pretty much exactly that in another post. Nothing to compare it to so kind of nuts for someone to say they know how it should be resolved.

FYI, I was only replying to wamu mentioning he was not convicted to add hadn't even been indicted which happens to be factually incorrect. Never said anything in relationship to Zeke, what he deserved as punishment, etc. you making more about my comment than it was is what was ridiculous. But you do you.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the breakdown. I don't know anything about how courts work with a situation like this. But I really wasn't aware of how difficult a conviction can be.
Yep

Actual numbers are

Only 34% of sex crimes are reported

Only 50% of that 34% lead to an arrest

80% of that 50% of the 34% get an indictment

And only 58% of that total lead to a conviction so ostensibly if you are the victim of a sex crime you have an 8% chance of seeing the person who committed the crime be convicted

8%

That's...... not good

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not for a misdemeanor. Just preponderance of the evidence. And sexual misconduct is, I believe, a misdemeanor
Yes but these charges ranged to sexual assault. Which was probably a mistake on the DAs part I'll grant you

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the very least he has some serious issues.

Normal people with morals don't put themselves in a situation like that. There's no doubt he has some serious issues.