• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok I stand corrected sir. :suds:

but an owner being suspended is kind of a joke.
Sits & watches the game on their Yacht with a 500k party.
Doesnt affect contracts or the team nor the cap.

Still Apples & Oranges.
I agree suspending an owner does not mean all that much. But a $10 mil fine is not exactly holding them to a higher standard IMO.

I'm not even saying Watson deserves a much lesser punishment on its own merit but it is suspect if he would get a year or more compared to Kraft (or snyder and/or Jones).

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot be suspended but they have said owners should be held to a higher standard. Wouldn't that mean if Kraft got what amounts to barely a slap on the wrist Watson losing a full season of play (or more) might be a bit excessive?
While I could agree they should be held to a higher standard. Not that Billionaires will ever be considered for this. Doesnt mean those ideas are in printed document somewhere.
However to use your example.
One using a consenting prostitute, & another be a sexual predator of women (possible 20+ of them) against their will, is light years difference to compare.

If Watson got a happy ending from one chick because she offered it. I wouldnt give a shit about what he does. However Sexual Assault is a whole different can of worms.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be, not Would be, and he also said but sides have moved on.

Again, the Browns DON'T want Baker, and Baker DOESN’T want the Browns.
Your latter comment can be true, along with both sides being better off with each other under certain circumstances (one of them being Watson out for the season).

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree suspending an owner does not mean all that much. But a $10 mil fine is not exactly holding them to a higher standard IMO.

I'm not even saying Watson deserves a much lesser punishment on its own merit but it is suspect if he would get a year or more compared to Kraft (or snyder and/or Jones).
Has Kraft or Jones been accused of sexual assault?

As for Snyder, I don't know why the NFL is reluctant to punish him. I can only assume Snyder has very damning dirt on high ranking NFL Leadership and /or owners.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I could agree they should be held to a higher standard. Not that Billionaires will ever be considered for this. Doesnt mean those ideas are in printed document somewhere.
However to use your example.
One using a consenting prostitute, & another be a sexual predator of women (possible 20+ of them) against their will, is light years difference to compare.

If Watson got a happy ending from one chick because she offered it. I wouldnt give a shit about what he does. However Sexual Assault is a whole different can of worms.
Totally agree with your last comment but what happened may have been the former and not the latter.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or he'd be an adult if the Browns called and would listen.
Well always listen. Never know what they are gonna offer. Which is obvious when we see Watsons contract.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your latter comment can be true, along with both sides being better off with each other under certain circumstances (one of them being Watson out for the season).
I really don't see both sides being better off at this point.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for Snyder, I don't know why the NFL is reluctant to punish him. I can only assume Snyder has very damning dirt on high ranking NFL Leadership and /or owners.
Kraft was more than accused, he was caught on tape.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well always listen. Never know what they are gonna offer. Which is obvious when we see Watsons contract.
well played

But in this case unless we give him an extension which we know wont happen all the Browns would offer is his money to show up.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree with your last comment but what happened may have been the former and not the latter.
I might lean towards the 50/50 on this if only one woman was accusing him.
At this point though. Personal opinion. He's fucking guilty.
Image result for oh yeah gif

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland with healthy Baker has a decent shot at the playoffs. Cleveland with Jacoby Brissett.....man....thats the worst starting QB in the NFL, right?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see both sides being better off at this point.
That's fine but a realistic argument can be made that they would be.

Browns would be if Baker is better than Brissett, especially if the feeling is he's a lot better.......Baker would be as it gives him a chance to play in an offense he knows as opposed to the unknown which could mean he's a backup or not even on a team. Or on a team, but a less desirable team as far as talent around him.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

snyder was fined 10 mil and stepped away from the team

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland with healthy Baker has a decent shot at the playoffs. Cleveland with Jacoby Brissett.....man....thats the worst starting QB in the NFL, right?
I don't think he's the worst as maybe better than some of the rookies or second year guys among others. But he might be in the conversation.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine but a realistic argument can be made that they would be.

Browns would be if Baker is better than Brissett, especially if the feeling is he's a lot better.......Baker would be as it gives him a chance to play in an offense he knows as opposed to the unknown which could mean he's a backup or not even on a team. Or on a team, but a less desirable team as far as talent around him.
Still no spinner, no matter the number of times you say the same horse poop

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft was more than accused, he was caught on tape.
He was charged by law enforcement, no victim ever accused him.

Edit: Furthermore, Kraft wasn't charged with Sexual Assault, he was charged with prostitution. If he were convicted, he wouldn't have face prison time, whereas the assailult Watson is accused of, he would face prison time if convicted.

Last edited: