• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No big move from the Cavs?

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all assume that Cavs and Warriors are meeting again in the NBA Finals next year. This year, Cavs barely beat the Warriors. But still they beat them. Now, the Warriors upgrade and add a top 3 player in the league.

So what do the Cavs have to do? Just removed Delly and Mozgov, and add Birdman, that's it?! Yea, I understand that they are the champions and they should keep their championship squad but cmon, the Warriors have upgraded their team big time. You think the Cavs won't make any big move?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they are trying.

But, they have no cap space and few trade pieces of value.

They won't trade Kyrie, can't trade Lebron, so that leaves Love.

Nobody wants Shump and I don't think the markets exactly high for Tristan.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do have that $9.8M TPE. I guess the questions are which playera will be available and what assets can the Cavs use to make a trade happen.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will probably add someone before the trade deadline...why rush tho, they are the champs, and prob should be the 2 time champs...no need to rush changes

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont need to make big moves and would have to trade players if they did. The Warriors 5 got much better but their depth is not the same. The Cavs if Felder and Mcrae get some experience and work out are much better depth wise

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont need to make big moves and would have to trade players if they did. The Warriors 5 got much better but their depth is not the same. The Cavs if Felder and Mcrae get some experience and work out are much better depth wise

You honestly think Mo is an upgrade over Delly?
Mozgov was supposed to be the missing piece 18 months ago.

Delly actually grew into a role where he'd efficiently run the offense when needed while accumulating high assists and low turnovers.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Delly actually grew into a role where he'd efficiently run the offense when needed while accumulating high assists and low turnovers.

Delly's role though was really a deep bench player come playoffs. He lost his shot and was the 8-10th man. I think you need to replace him to get some minutes to rest your guys in the regular season, but not like his performance would be missing, especially with how he played in the finals.

Lets not make his 26% shooting, 1 assist per game, 3 boards and 0 steals and really getting eaten up on D something that a team will have a tough time replacing or getting more from someone else.

I think they will make some smaller moves, but really a lot can happen between now and then.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delly's role though was really a deep bench player come playoffs. He lost his shot and was the 8-10th man. I think you need to replace him to get some minutes to rest your guys in the regular season, but not like his performance would be missing, especially with how he played in the finals.

Lets not make his 26% shooting, 1 assist per game, 3 boards and 0 steals and really getting eaten up on D something that a team will have a tough time replacing or getting more from someone else.

I think they will make some smaller moves, but really a lot can happen between now and then.

I'm not implying that Delly was anything great, but he was a useful piece during the regular season.
Mo wasn't any good at any point.

There is for sure a lot of time though to address it.

I just find it comical how some are saying the Warriors lost some depth, which they did, but underplay that they added a top 3 player in the world which easily, without question far and away outweighs any losses.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good guys in the regular season, not really Mozgov. Felder can make an impact this year, he is already a better scorer and passer than Delly. Got another shooter we didnt have off the bench, Dunleavy. Andersen even at his age is better rim protector, didnt really matter Mozgov rarely played especially in the postseason. And if Mcrae plays more, doubtful, he can be a great scorer on the 2nd unit. Some of it is up in the air but what team isnt. At least we know the Cavs starters have been together for 2 full years and won a ship together. GS still has to adjust and things will change more than people think

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not implying that Delly was anything great, but he was a useful piece during the regular season.

I just find it comical how some are saying the Warriors lost some depth, which they did, but underplay that they added a top 3 player in the world which easily, without question far and away outweighs any losses.

It's not about that it's about how the depth was their strength. It will take time to adjust but Kerr will have to adjust with his strategy as well, and we saw he didnt make the best adjustments late. That is all

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he did get his moments there in the regular season. Just saying if you wanted to talk about a position that was playing at a very low level in the playoffs last year, Delly/Mo was it. I think Chalmers might immediately upgrade that position from what we saw this past post-season.

Honestly if I was the Cavs I would think about finding a carbon copy of Battier. A 3 and D wing. A huge part of why they won was Lebron could drop off his man and help on everything on D. Strip balls and affect shots when guys went to the rim, help box out, etc. Now that means leaving Durant, which... no. The only guy I can see besides Lebron to play Durant is Jefferson (Shump/Smith too small, Love/TT too slow), and I think he's well past the stage he could give 20+ minutes just playing D and standing at the 3pt line on offense.

I am not sure I like the available guys that come close to fitting that.

Josh Smith can play good D and has the length, but him and JR smith (if re-signed) would be arguably the scariest shot selection duo ever seen.

Maurice Harkless can play D when he wants, but is really inconsistent and doesn't have the range.

Terrence Jones I don't think has the foot speed and tough to judge his defensive play on the Rockets.

Just my thoughts... not sure on how their available space works...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are also counting on Irving getting even better....a big part of why the Ws were (supposedly) better this year (they did up their win total significantly) was simply the growth of Curry and Draymond. They had the exact same team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We of course added Dunleavy who was a nice piece to add.

I believe they think that McRae can step into Delly's minutes and give them a little bit more scoring punch with probably a little less ball handling- while Felder would do the ball handling/distributing.

Adding Dunleavy was a very nice move. Thibs called him one of the smartest defenders he has ever coached and of course his shooting is gonna be off the charts with the spacing he gets.

I expect the Cavs to resign JR, and other than that maybe just get a guy or two on the minimum---- i think that if they use their TPE it will be more towards the deadline--- and of course- the buyout deadline affords another opportunity to improve.

As long as the Cavs have Dan G's wallet- LeBron and Dan's motivation to win, and LeBron etc. as a recruiter, and David Griffin's expertise and creativity- they should be able to add another piece along the way.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We of course added Dunleavy who was a nice piece to add.

I believe they think that McRae can step into Delly's minutes and give them a little bit more scoring punch with probably a little less ball handling- while Felder would do the ball handling/distributing.

Adding Dunleavy was a very nice move. Thibs called him one of the smartest defenders he has ever coached and of course his shooting is gonna be off the charts with the spacing he gets.

I expect the Cavs to resign JR, and other than that maybe just get a guy or two on the minimum---- i think that if they use their TPE it will be more towards the deadline--- and of course- the buyout deadline affords another opportunity to improve.

As long as the Cavs have Dan G's wallet- LeBron and Dan's motivation to win, and LeBron etc. as a recruiter, and David Griffin's expertise and creativity- they should be able to add another piece along the way.

You have no cap space.
It isnt rocket science.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no cap space.
It isnt rocket science.
ill just give your response...

NUMBERS SHNUMBERS!!! whatever dude---- David Griffin knows WAY more than you do....it will all work out!

lol....

all though- we did steal dunleavy --- gotta thank Pat R. for that one...in fact...

Report: Some in Chris Bosh camp suspicious of Heat’s intentions

YIKES....dude...you say the Cavs have an amatuerish front office?

Heat look like they should have circus music playing in the back ground during their press conferences....

An NBA-employed friend says Bosh very much wants to play and believes he should be cleared. If the Heat fights him on this, it wouldn’t be surprising if Bosh takes this issue to the players union

one issue that has been discussed is whether Bosh should come off blood thinners or continue taking them, according to a person briefed on the matter.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bosh plays 25 games for another team after an injury exclusion, his salary would be put back on Miami’s books. That might allow the Heat temporary cap room to sign someone, but with Bosh’s salary applied, their luxury-tax bill would be prohibitively enormous.

LOL

CAVS NEED TO SIGN BOSH!!! LOL....give him the vet. min and have him screw the Heat!!! LOL

you know this is coming- this actually happened with Brandon Roy and the Twolves and Portland...TOTALLY forgot about this...

say the Heat outlawed Bosh from playing - and he they tried to get him off the cap for health reasons like is being discussed...IF ANY TEAM employs bosh for 25 games- ALL that salary goes back on the HEat....I totally forgot about this....they are screwed.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so this is the scenario-

If Bosh is forced to "retire" because the Heat wont allow him on the floor- his salary essentially goes down to zero----- and he basically becomes an unrestricted free agent....

any team could sign him to the LEAGUE MINIMUM- and as long as he plays for them for 25 games- the Heat are stuck with the ENTIRE bill of his salary.

If u remember- when Portland and Minnesota were embroiled in angry negotiations over some kind of poison pill signing where Portland stole one of Minne's players---- i forget exactly who right now----- but to get back at them- Minne signed Brandon Roy- AFTER Portland had been granted an injury exception much like the Heat might try with Bosh.

Minnesota- just to screw Portland- signed Roy and he played over 25 games and his ENTIRE salary got slapped back on the books of the Blazers

I can DEFINITELY see Dan Gilbert or- really- ANYONE- giving Bosh the minimum - if Bosh wants to play....that would be DISASTROUS to the Heat.....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so this is the scenario-

If Bosh is forced to "retire" because the Heat wont allow him on the floor- his salary essentially goes down to zero----- and he basically becomes an unrestricted free agent....

any team could sign him to the LEAGUE MINIMUM- and as long as he plays for them for 25 games- the Heat are stuck with the ENTIRE bill of his salary.

If u remember- when Portland and Minnesota were embroiled in angry negotiations over some kind of poison pill signing where Portland stole one of Minne's players---- i forget exactly who right now----- but to get back at them- Minne signed Brandon Roy- AFTER Portland had been granted an injury exception much like the Heat might try with Bosh.

Minnesota- just to screw Portland- signed Roy and he played over 25 games and his ENTIRE salary got slapped back on the books of the Blazers

I can DEFINITELY see Dan Gilbert or- really- ANYONE- giving Bosh the minimum - if Bosh wants to play....that would be DISASTROUS to the Heat.....
ill just give your response...

NUMBERS SHNUMBERS!!! whatever dude---- David Griffin knows WAY more than you do....it will all work out!

lol....

all though- we did steal dunleavy --- gotta thank Pat R. for that one...in fact...

Report: Some in Chris Bosh camp suspicious of Heat’s intentions

YIKES....dude...you say the Cavs have an amatuerish front office?

Heat look like they should have circus music playing in the back ground during their press conferences....

An NBA-employed friend says Bosh very much wants to play and believes he should be cleared. If the Heat fights him on this, it wouldn’t be surprising if Bosh takes this issue to the players union

one issue that has been discussed is whether Bosh should come off blood thinners or continue taking them, according to a person briefed on the matter.

If Bosh plays 25 games for another team after an injury exclusion, his salary would be put back on Miami’s books. That might allow the Heat temporary cap room to sign someone, but with Bosh’s salary applied, their luxury-tax bill would be prohibitively enormous.

LOL

CAVS NEED TO SIGN BOSH!!! LOL....give him the vet. min and have him screw the Heat!!! LOL

you know this is coming- this actually happened with Brandon Roy and the Twolves and Portland...TOTALLY forgot about this...

say the Heat outlawed Bosh from playing - and he they tried to get him off the cap for health reasons like is being discussed...IF ANY TEAM employs bosh for 25 games- ALL that salary goes back on the HEat....I totally forgot about this....they are screwed.

so this is the scenario-

Its not Rileys fault that Bosh has reoccuring blood clots.

This isnt a matter of screwing anyone.
Its a matter of health risk and doctors clearing or not clearing him.
I couldnt imagine any other teams medical staff clearing him if the Heat doesnt.
Its either safe for him to play or not.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so this is the scenario-

Also, the Heat are paying him his contract in full, regardless, and they'd still get his cap space back next season under your scenario, so, who cares?