• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No big move from the Cavs?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless someone comes along with some amazing trade offer... there's no reason for the Cavs to make a big move.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless someone comes along with some amazing trade offer... there's no reason for the Cavs to make a big move.

Obviously they can, but curious how the Cavs can sign JR and James cause they
dont have Birds rights on James, right?

Wouldnt he have to sign first?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the Heat are paying him his contract in full, regardless, and they'd still get his cap space back next season under your scenario, so, who cares?
no they wouldnt get their cap space back--- well - they would temporarily.....unless and until someone signs him and he plays 25 games.....

then he would come back in full 100% force.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they dont have FULL Bird rights....they can pay him at least what he got last year with a raise

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The don't have his full bird rights until next year... but they can use either the early-bird exception or the non-bird exception because he's been with them for 2 years. Both allow the Cavs to exceed the salary cap to re-sign him.... they just limit the max amount that LeBron can get.

Which is why he is likely to have another 2-year with an opt-out. Next year he'll be perfectly aligned to get the full max with another salary cap jump.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont need to make big moves and would have to trade players if they did. The Warriors 5 got much better but their depth is not the same. The Cavs if Felder and Mcrae get some experience and work out are much better depth wise

They lost Barnes, Ezeli, Bogut, and Barbosa from their regular rotation. They still have Iggy and Livingston who are their best bench players.

They gained Pachulia, West, and some guy named Durant. Their depth is still the same.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no they wouldnt get their cap space back--- well - they would temporarily.....unless and until someone signs him and he plays 25 games.....

then he would come back in full 100% force.

In 2017?
That would make no sense?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost Barnes, Ezeli, Bogut, and Barbosa from their regular rotation. They still have Iggy and Livingston who are their best bench players.

They gained Pachulia, West, and some guy named Durant. Their depth is still the same.

Starters improved (Lost Barnes & Bogut, Gained Durant & Pachulia).

Bench worsened (Lost Barbosa, Speights, Ezeli, & Rush, Gained West & 2 rookies).

I think its more than fair to argue that the Warriors lost depth.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bench worsened (Lost Barbosa, Speights, Ezeli, & Rush, Gained West & 2 rookies).

Plus ZaZa..
And, they added Durant....which trumps everything else by a LOT.

Cavs lost depth and added Dunleavy.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus ZaZa..

Yeah, I included them with the starters.

And, yes, the addition of Durant does trump everything. Not saying it was the wrong move. Any team would shred their bench in order to add a player like Durant.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2017?
That would make no sense?
it makes sense in that if a team tries to pull some BS and get a player off their cap with a made up injury that they claim is career ending- and he comes back- of course that money should go back on their cap. Right?

It comes down to that----

if he plays 25 games elsewhere after he hypothetically is "forced to retire" and comes off the Heats books- EVERYTHING comes back on the Heats books.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I included them with the starters.

And, yes, the addition of Durant does trump everything. Not saying it was the wrong move. Any team would shred their bench in order to add a player like Durant.

Chances are both Cavs and Warriors both add after the trade deadline buyouts.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it makes sense in that if a team tries to pull some BS and get a player off their cap with a made up injury that they claim is career ending- and he comes back- of course that money should go back on their cap. Right?

It comes down to that----

if he plays 25 games elsewhere after he hypothetically is "forced to retire" and comes off the Heats books- EVERYTHING comes back on the Heats books.

So blood clots 2 seasons in a row is a "BS made up injury"?

You're seriously an idiot.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So blood clots 2 seasons in a row is a "BS made up injury"?

You're seriously an idiot.
im an idiot?

im telling you the rule and why it was made- not applying it to any specific situation---

I am telling you what the RULE is...something that I EVEN forgot about which is unlike me.....

if the Heat let Bosh play and hes healthy- that is obviously the best case scenario.

If Bosh can get someone to clear him- and the Heat want to get him off the cap and refuse to accept his physicians clearing---- they can try and get him off the cap-- that is certainly there right...

however- if he ends up playing 25 games with any other team after that- all that money goes right back on the Heats cap after he plays in his 25th game.

Brandon Roy rule...look it up.

might the Cavs be looking at a vet min. contract with LeBron talking in Bosh's ear for the year after this upcoming one if the situation occurs? OH HELL YES. Cmon CB4....come win a title...you will still be getting paid a ton....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im an idiot?

im telling you the rule and why it was made- not applying it to any specific situation---

I am telling you what the RULE is...something that I EVEN forgot about which is unlike me.....

if the Heat let Bosh play and hes healthy- that is obviously the best case scenario.

If Bosh can get someone to clear him- and the Heat want to get him off the cap and refuse to accept his physicians clearing---- they can try and get him off the cap-- that is certainly there right...

however- if he ends up playing 25 games with any other team after that- all that money goes right back on the Heats cap after he plays in his 25th game.

Brandon Roy rule...look it up.

If you think it is a "BS made up injury", in order to get him off the books, then YES you are an idiot.

IF the Heat knew he would stay healthy, then OF COURSE you would want him to play, but from what I have read, Bosh wants to basically come off of the blood thinners hours before games start, which I would imagine would be a no go by ANY TEAM doctor.
Blood clots are SERIOUS SHIT.

This isn't some court case where you can hire an 'expert' to say anything.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rush played garbage minutes. Speights was out of shape and seldom productive. Same could be said in terms of Ezeli which one of the rookies would have to try to fill that role, but Ezeli was vastly overrated. Only loss from that bench that hurts is Barbosa who was very efficient. You guys make it seem like they lost their whole damn bench.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think it is a "BS made up injury", in order to get him off the books, then YES you are an idiot.

IF the Heat knew he would stay healthy, then OF COURSE you would want him to play, but from what I have read, Bosh wants to basically come off of the blood thinners hours before games start, which I would imagine would be a no go by ANY TEAM doctor.
Blood clots are SERIOUS SHIT.

This isn't some court case where you can hire an 'expert' to say anything.

Yeah....this is really a worthless debate. No team is going to sign Bosh with the health issues that he has. He's a walking law suit waiting to happen. I read the article that he wants to be on blood thinners that are out of your system after 8-12 hours or some shit like that. I just laughed when I read that article. No team would ever agree to that shit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus ZaZa..

Cavs lost depth and added Dunleavy.

Dunleavy's who a very good role player....with a bad back. If we want to talk about how the Dubs lost depth, why don't we take a look at how the Cavs lost depth off an already thin bench.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunleavy's who a very good role player....with a bad back. If we want to talk about how the Dubs lost depth, why don't we take a look at how the Cavs lost depth off an already thin bench.

Cavs fans are like Stevie Wonder when it comes to Durant.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans are like Stevie Wonder when it comes to Durant.

Seriously.

"Oh well, we're not trying to say Durant replacing Barnes isn't an upgrade. It's just that the Warriors gave up a lot of depth to get him."

Only meaningful bench player they lost is Barbosa, and maybe Ezeli. And the latter was just a big body, which West could probably duplicate his production.