• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great win against the Cubs yesterday.

Having this Cardinals team get matched up in a single elimination game against the Dodgers or Giants is kinda awful. Those are definitely 3 of the better teams in baseball right now and one of them will get knocked out right away.

I agree! I wish MLB would make the wildcard games at least the best of two out of three games and I think this is suppose to be discussed during the upcoming winter meetings.

It appears that we will be playing the Dodgers in their backyard next Wednesday. They have so much good pitching that they might not need but a run or two to eliminate us so I sure hope Waino takes his A game with him to Los Angeles.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree! I wish MLB would make the wildcard games at least the best of two out of three games and I think this is suppose to be discussed during the upcoming winter meetings.

It appears that we will be playing the Dodgers in their backyard next Wednesday. They have so much good pitching that they might not need but a run or two to eliminate us so I sure hope Waino takes his A game with him to Los Angeles.

3 years ago and this team isn't even in so I don't want to hear crap about needing a 3 game series. It's a "play in" game and if it becomes a series, the World Series begins in November. Absolutely absurd idea. Either get rid of the 5th team altogether or keep it as a play in only game

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years ago and this team isn't even in so I don't want to hear crap about needing a 3 game series. It's a "play in" game and if it becomes a series, the World Series begins in November. Absolutely absurd idea. Either get rid of the 5th team altogether or keep it as a play in only game
Reseeding seems like the obvious thing. Iirc Dodgers have the best home record by like 5 games and they are in a single elimination game. Braves are far closer to the caliber of team that should be in the play in game.

It is what it is, though. I just think the Cards are heavy underdogs

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The announcers today said that MKarp was at the stadium early, walking around the warning track taking in the sights. Maybe he knows something we fans don't. That this might be the end for him in STL.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The announcers today said that MKarp was at the stadium early, walking around the warning track taking in the sights. Maybe he knows something we fans don't. That this might be the end for him in STL.

I watched the video on you tube about what you mentioned. Carp was indeed at the stadium early today. Since today was possibly the last game that will be played at Busch Stadium this season Carp wanted to take it all in walking all over the field, and I'm sure reflecting on a lot of memories, in case today might have been the final day he wore a home Cardinals uniform. I have no idea how the rest of this story will conclude.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards at Dodgers... Cards have been the hottest team in the league the last few weeks, I'd take their chances...what the heck, it's house money at this point. Good luck

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer vs Wainwright sounds like a good matchup. I think they've gone against each other a few times if memory serves correct.

I think the Dodgers got 4 runs off Waino last time they played. Cards are probably going to need to hit a few HRs.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer has been almost unhittable since he became a Dodger and it shows in the betting line.

LA Dodgers -220
St. Louis Cardinals +180
Total 7.5 runs

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that they are allowing fucking Joe West to call balls and strikes in the NL wild card game.

i guess it's better than CB or Angel, maybe.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that they are allowing fucking Joe West to call balls and strikes in the NL wild card game.

i guess it's better than CB or Angel, maybe.

Blind Joe just needs to go home and quit embarrassing the game.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blind Joe just needs to go home and quit embarrassing the game.

Possibly one good thing is that usually has a bigger strike zone that might be to Wainwright's breaking pitch. That also goes to Scherzer, also.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly one good thing is that usually has a bigger strike zone that might be to Wainwright's breaking pitch. That also goes to Scherzer, also.

I just hope we can get this game into the 6th or 7th tied or better because I like our chances if we can do that.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of you Card's fans are going to post a game thread? If you think it's bad luck, I understand....

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that game didn't go well, and I put the ending square on Mike Schildt. Understandedly they couldn't get a hit with RISP, but when you are in a one-and-done game you CANNOT trot Reyes out of the bull pen. He had Flaherty, Hudson, Whitley, Mikolas, and Kim. Reyes was awesome before the ASG, but for some reason he was no where near the same pitcher after. Horrible decision, IMHO

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that game didn't go well, and I put the ending square on Mike Schildt. Understandedly they couldn't get a hit with RISP, but when you are in a one-and-done game you CANNOT trot Reyes out of the bull pen. He had Flaherty, Hudson, Whitley, Mikolas, and Kim. Reyes was awesome before the ASG, but for some reason he was no where near the same pitcher after. Horrible decision, IMHO

I agree, bad pitching choice by Schildt. With that said, during our 17 game winning streak Schildt made some great choices with pitching during the late innings of games. A lot of big name pitchers will be on the free agent market during the upcoming winter meetings. It will be interesting to see if we go after one or two of them. GO REDBIRDS!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3