• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners contact eagles about DeSean Jackson

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They appear to be bringing in people and lowballing them hoping to find a FA on the cheap.

I don't know if "low ball" is the right term in this case... A third WR in this offense will see far less actual work as compared to most other teams. I think they are trying to find a WR that will fill that role accordingly, and not pay 'market price' for a WR that they will use less frequently...

Makes sense (I think)...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree. We have been kicking the tires with every single WR FA possible making it seem like we are absolutely desperate for a WR. Right now we have Crabs, Boldin, and Patton. We need to develop something there to replace Crabs and Boldin, but it's not even in the same ballpark as it was before. CB's are harder to get than WR's too.

Or maybe Baalke's making it look like WR smokescreen so everyone has us pinned to a CB move, but then we go ahead and pull a WR out of the hat! Waiting so long for this draft is making me loopy.

Not for us....

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1m Despite shopping him and finding interest, Eagles have made decision to cut WR DeSean Jackson. Outright. Jackson is now a free agent.

You can't justify judging someone purely by their friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You can't justify judging someone purely by their friends.

I agree but I tend to think they started to see some things they really didn't like or they wouldn't have cut bait on him.

He had a career year, they were a playoff team, and he fit under their cap so for them to just release him means to me it went beyond just a few misgivings about bad friends.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree but I tend to think they started to see some things they really didn't like or they wouldn't have cut bait on him.

He had a career year, they were a playoff team, and he fit under their cap so for them to just release him means to me it went beyond just a few misgivings about bad friends.

Word was he turned his life around and became a model citizen. I highly doubt anyone in the Eagles new FO knows Jackson enough to judge him to the extent of releasing him. I really hope it was just contractual issues.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Word was he turned his life around and became a model citizen. I highly doubt anyone in the Eagles new FO knows Jackson enough to judge him to the extent of releasing him. I really hope it was just contractual issues.

You could be right that he's just a guy that hangs around gang bangers because it's cool and they're from the same hood but he himself is clean.

And the Eagles might be overly cautious by releasing him.

But I still tend to believe that being a playoff team and having a guy in his prime years they wouldn't look long and hard and consider everything before just releasing him.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He can go anywhere as long as it's not the Seahawks or Pats.

I can't see the Seahawks because I just don't think they would be inclined to give him the kind of money he wants especially since they already tied up money to Percy Harvin. I think their are just going to be more teams that want him more than the Seahawks do.

With the reports of possible gang ties I believe the removes the Pats as well as I would be really surprise if they take a chance on another play with possible gang affiliations.

I could see us making a run at him I just don't see how we're going to be able to pay him though especially if he goes to the highest bidder.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can't see the Seahawks because I just don't think they would be inclined to give him the kind of money he wants especially since they already tied up money to Percy Harvin. I think their are just going to be more teams that want him more than the Seahawks do.

With the reports of possible gang ties I believe the removes the Pats as well as I would be really surprise if they take a chance on another play with possible gang affiliations.

I could see us making a run at him I just don't see how we're going to be able to pay him though especially if he goes to the highest bidder.

I was thinking Oakland could be a possibility. But I'm not sure they'd want Desean to be hanging out with his homies in the east bay. That is assuming he still has ties from his Berkeley days.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If there's any concern over gang ties, bringing him back to CA would be a major concern....

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's more than contractual issues. The Eagles are thinking that no ONE is above the team. The Eagles are just being cautious. There will be a demand for him because of his immense talent, but the article that I read that was posted by Yadahell was interesting.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle better not get him. If he goes to Seattle. That will be screwd up!

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If there's any concern over gang ties, bringing him back to CA would be a major concern....

or Chicago or New York or Texas or Florida... maybe Green Bay gets him cheap. Someone should plot a Gangland map and see which teams are left. Would hate to bring him back here just to see that he resurrected the Asian Mafia.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
or Chicago or New York or Texas or Florida... maybe Green Bay gets him cheap. Someone should plot a Gangland map and see which teams are left. Would hate to bring him back here just to see that he resurrected the Asian Mafia.

Yeah, but connections to an LA-based, Crips-affiliated gang will be MUCH stronger in San Jose than in those other cities/states.