• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners contact eagles about DeSean Jackson

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Restructure someone and make that trade asap!!!!

Instant super bowl favorites.

The innaccurate quarterback problem does not go away though so I disagree.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The innaccurate quarterback problem does not go away though so I disagree.

I could be mistaken but isn't he one of the most accurate QBs on mid to long range throws?

Also: thisthreadhasjustbeenkapped.jpeg

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Tre9er @ninersnation I'm in Philly listening to the radio. They propose Aldon for DeSean. #laughable #49ers

Send him to Kansas City. I'm sure Crabtree would be ecstatic. He'll be so excited that he'll re injure his ACL jumping for joy and that will void the deal.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers would owe him 10 million not 4. THe 6 million is the pro rated signing bonus they owe. So the 49ers would have to have 10.5 million in cap space to land Desean.

Next, he is coming off a season where he caught 1350 yards and 9 TD's and thats not even his real strength. I saw something on ESPN saying the Safeties line up 10 yards deeper when he is in the game as opposed to out. Desean is a BIG part of the Eagles run game because of his speed. Not only does it help your run game but he'll make your star TE even better.

Lastly, if Philly lets him go Ill frigging cry!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers would owe him 10 million not 4. THe 6 million is the pro rated signing bonus they owe. So the 49ers would have to have 10.5 million in cap space to land Desean.

Next, he is coming off a season where he caught 1350 yards and 9 TD's and thats not even his real strength. I saw something on ESPN saying the Safeties line up 10 yards deeper when he is in the game as opposed to out. Desean is a BIG part of the Eagles run game because of his speed. Not only does it help your run game but he'll make your star TE even better.

I just cant see the 49ers ponying up tbat kind of money for a WR.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm surprised it took that far into the thread to correct that. It's pretty simple.

I like Desean, and he is absolutely a field stretcher, but 10 per is a little steep IMO. I don't think I could justify bringing him in without bringing the number down a little.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be a good insurance policy just in case Crabtree leaves. I would give up a 3rd for him. 10 mill hurts. I don't know what they would do. Also would he be the highest paid player on the team. Cant see 49ers having someone outside making more then a player on the roster already(Not counting Kaps new contract when it happens.)

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Let's start with the latest update:

Albert Breer (I think it was Breer) reports that there is no evidence the Niners have reached out to Philly regarding Jackson.

Second, as has been pointed out, we would currently be on the hook for the entire 10.5M. The notion that the dead money Philly eats somehow comes out of his base salary . . . well, I don't know where that comes from. It's wrong.

Third, if we were to trade for him, we would sign him to a new contract. He has a 10.5M base this, a 9.75 next year and 8.25 in 2016. It's likely all 3 of those numbers would be lowered, two years would be added to the contract and somewhere in the neighbourhood of 25M in guarantees would be added. He'd probably end up with something like 5 years, 55M, 25 guaranteed with 15M in signing bonus. His 2014 cap number could be in the 4-4.5M range.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's start with the latest update:

Albert Breer (I think it was Breer) reports that there is no evidence the Niners have reached out to Philly regarding Jackson.

Second, as has been pointed out, we would currently be on the hook for the entire 10.5M. The notion that the dead money Philly eats somehow comes out of his base salary . . . well, I don't know where that comes from. It's wrong.

Third, if we were to trade for him, we would sign him to a new contract. He has a 10.5M base this, a 9.75 next year and 8.25 in 2016. It's likely all 3 of those numbers would be lowered, two years would be added to the contract and somewhere in the neighbourhood of 25M in guarantees would be added. He'd probably end up with something like 5 years, 55M, 25 guaranteed with 15M in signing bonus. His 2014 cap number could be in the 4-4.5M range.

Exactly. Not happening, and nor do I want it to happen, quite frankly.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember a 49ers trade recently that there have been rumors beforehand. Usually, it just happens. This leads me to believe this report is bullshit.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Too much for him, unfortunately. Aldon and Kap are going to get paid, and likely either Iupati or Crabtree. Jackson's salary would probably take more than just Crabtree out of the mix. Not to mention giving up a third or more to get him. There's a reason hes' on the block with three years left on his contract....

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Not happening, and nor do I want it to happen, quite frankly.

How could you not want it to happen. Desean makes this team soooooooo much better. He makes the run game much better, he opens up the field tremendously for Vernon Davis. He makes Kappernick so much more lethal. All that for a "supposed" third. And I didnt even mention the 9TDs and 1350 yards at only 27.

San Fran makes this move and the instantly become the best team in the NFL. ESPN broke down every Eagles play and the opposing teams Safeties line up 10 yards deeper when Desean is on the field compared to when he isnt. That is huge and explains why mediocre players like Riley Cooper have big years. He brings all that to the 49ers and a BIG TIME play maker. It would be a huge shift in the NFL for the 49ers favor if Desean is on that team. HUGE!

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could you not want it to happen. Desean makes this team soooooooo much better. He makes the run game much better, he opens up the field tremendously for Vernon Davis. He makes Kappernick so much more lethal. All that for a "supposed" third. And I didnt even mention the 9TDs and 1350 yards at only 27.

San Fran makes this move and the instantly become the best team in the NFL. ESPN broke down every Eagles play and the opposing teams Safeties line up 10 yards deeper when Desean is on the field compared to when he isnt. That is huge and explains why mediocre players like Riley Cooper have big years. He brings all that to the 49ers and a BIG TIME play maker. It would be a huge shift in the NFL for the 49ers favor if Desean is on that team. HUGE!

We can't afford him, as has been said before. We have too many people that are more important to extend in the next year.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love for this to happen...but not at that price.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yes, Jackson would make this team better, between the 20's. but as it stands now, this team isn't so bad already......between the 20's.

if we look explosive between the 20's, but can't punch in TD's..................

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The more I think about the trade the more I think it is worth it. Hell, lets push the chips in, we would be the favorites if we land him.

He would be the extremely fast and dangerous deep threat we have needed for a long time. This could really open up our offense. No more of this 9 men in the box bull shit.

Our punt game has been pretty scary lately. And not in the good way, the give the fans a heart attack kind of way. With Jackson, this huge weakness would actually become a huge strength.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jackson is exactly what the Niners' offense is missing, and I was all for signing him when he was a FA. But there's no way I'd want to trade for that guy at this point. There are too many good WR in the draft, and the Niners' need to be focused like a laser beam on upgrading the secondary.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yes, Jackson would make this team better, between the 20's. but as it stands now, this team isn't so bad already......between the 20's.

if we look explosive between the 20's, but can't punch in TD's..................

The team is ok between the 20s, but not great. There's no doubt we need a Jackson-type receiver, just not sure I'd be willing to part with so much in terms of draft picks and money to get it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is ok between the 20s, but not great. There's no doubt we need a Jackson-type receiver, just not sure I'd be willing to part with so much in terms of draft picks and money to get it.

Just draft cooks and we will have that player. Cheaper option