• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners contact eagles about DeSean Jackson

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
While don't YOU jump off a cliff why you are at it?

Also, I appreciate your overly bellicose and abusive posting style and your stellar contributions to the discourse but could you please make your posts more readable? It's like reading the half-baked ramblings of an angry, dyslexic teenager.

I think people are justified being critical about this potential move considering the money involved, the player's baggage, and the fact that it would probably be overkill considering our QB/offensive system

I ma na yrgna cixelsyd reganeet dna I kniht uoy dluohs htob pmuj ffo a ffilc!

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeSean Jackson rumors: 49ers express interest in star receiver | Audibles - SI.com

49ers reached out to DeSean Jackson
NFL offseason 2014, NFL rumors, Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers, Washington Redskins
By Josh Sanchez
DeSean Jackson rumors: San Francisco 49ers express interest in wide receiver

The 49ers are the latest team to make a push for DeSean Jackson. (Hunter Martin/Philadelphia Eagles/Getty Images)

On Monday, all signs appeared to be pointing toward free agent wide receiver DeSean Jackson joining the Washington Redskins with reports that the signing was a ”done deal,” but another team has decided to make its pitch before Jackson puts pen to paper.

According to a report from Dianna Marie Russini of NBC News4 in Washington D.C., the San Francisco 49ers reached out to Jackson while he was out to dinner with the Redskins and their coaching staff.

When Jackson was initially released by the Philadelphia Eagles last week, reports indicated that the 49ers would be one of the teams interested, so they could pick up their pursuit as the day goes on.

Jackson has yet to schedule any more visits, but he left Redskins Park on Tuesday afternoon, according to CSN Washington’s Tarik El-Bashir.

The free agent is coming off of the best season of his career, in which he hauled in 82 catches for 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns, and he is expected to be seeking between $9 million and $10 million per year.

In order for the 49ers to afford Jackson, they may need to free up some additional cap space, and one way to do that would be by restructuring the deal of offensive tackle Joe Staley.
Tags: 2014 NFL free agency, 2014 nfl free agency rumors, DeSean Jackson, desean jackson rumors, NFL, NFL news, san francisco 49ers, washington redskins

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worked at the law firm that his mom worked at in Los Angeles. She was paralegal or secretary at the time of his Monday Night Football fumble in his rookie year. People were teasing her. I wasn't sure that it was really her, but I then saw her on screen running down the stadium steps at the Pro Bowl. I've never met DeSean though.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN, the Redskins and Jackson are very close to a deal.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN, the Redskins and Jackson are very close to a deal.

It sounds like that deal will get done. Absolutely no excuses for RGIII this year if this happens. They need to address their Offensive line and Defense, but RGIII would have DeSean, Garcon, and Reed as his main targets. That's a pretty solid corps of Receivers. I just want to see how his Oline is going to hold up.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Based on how much money he'll probably get this is a huge relief.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DeSean Jackson - WR - Free Agent

NFL.com's Albert Breer confirms the 49ers reached out to free agent DeSean Jackson about a visit after he was cut by the Eagles, but that "nothing has been set up since."

Per Breer, communication between the sides is "on hold" as D-Jax waits for a resolution to his Redskins visit. It's unclear if the 49ers are next in line if Jackson leaves Washington, D.C. without a deal, but it's a good bet.
Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

Apr 1 - 6:02 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DeSean Jackson - WR - Free Agent

Free agent DeSean Jackson will remain in Washington through Tuesday evening.

D-Jax's official visit ended Tuesday afternoon, but the sides are still trying to hammer out a deal. On one hand, it's a good sign Jackson doesn't want to leave town. On the other, the more time that passes without an agreement, the more likely D-Jax is to begin making other visits.
Source: Chris Russell on Twitter

Apr 1 - 9:00 PM

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they get a deal done soon so everyone can chill out and we can do the right thing which is adding speed through the draft.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm glad the Niners may have at least driven up the price of Julian Edleman & Desean Jackson a little bit.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad the Niners may have at least driven up the price of Julian Edleman & Desean Jackson a little bit.

I don't think they have for Jackson, his price has seemed pretty steady throughout this process. Also considering that we may not of even have scheduled a visit yet, it doesn't help his price tag.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #49ers made a late push for DeSean Jackson. But the #Redskins closed it out and got their guy. Deal is agreed to. Ian rappaport

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they open their eyes and trade for Gordon now

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't serious, but given the comments about his gang affiliations and their aversion to the color red (a cited reason by some in why SF/KC couldn't work), it was weird for him to announce it mentioning colors.

Instagram#

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years $24 million $16 million gar.

Now that that's over....

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This isn't serious, but given the comments about his gang affiliations and their aversion to the color red (a cited reason by some in why SF/KC couldn't work), it was weird for him to announce it mentioning colors.

Instagram#

Burgundy is a just classier way to describe a dark red color.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years $24 million $16 million gar.

Now that that's over....

Not as bad as I thought it would be. Depending on how it breaks down year by year it may be a surprisingly decent contract for the Redskins.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helllll no he won't. Oakland is where a players go to lose their souls on middling teams that show just enough promise to only suck pretty bad. He's not going to Oakland unless no other team is within $5 of what Oakland offers. I think he'll go play with RGIII instead of Bald Head Schaub.
You had that one correct. Early word is his first year is for less money for the 'Skins to make the cap this season. A good target for RG3 but that field they play on for 8 games might shorten that production.