• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners contact eagles about DeSean Jackson

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Bring him in.

The Niners already have like 12 million dollars devoted to 2 WRs, and Iupati, Dorsey, Crabtree (whom I don't want back), Culliver & Kaepernick are FAs after this season. Signing a 3rd expensive WR on a team that runs the fewest plays in the NFL in 3 WR sets is not a smart idea. Especially one with the work ethic & attitude of Desean Jackson. And especially w/ the draft as loaded at WR as it is.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe it when I see it, I'm not buying him in a 49ers jersey next year. I could be wrong though, we'll see.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's not official, but the Redskins are now the front runners to sign Desean. I bet he would love to play Philly twice a year.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will go to Oakland and get what he really wants...money.

Helllll no he won't. Oakland is where a players go to lose their souls on middling teams that show just enough promise to only suck pretty bad. He's not going to Oakland unless no other team is within $5 of what Oakland offers. I think he'll go play with RGIII instead of Bald Head Schaub.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rapaport: Sounded like DeSean Jackson had a good visit with #Skins tonight. More planned for tomorrow. Number of teams still in play. #staytuned

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h

Redskins and DeSean Jackson still haven’t discussed contract. Team to watch: SF. 49ers have "real but guarded” interest in DJax, per source

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Adam Schefter ‏@ 49ers have "real but guarded” interest in DJax, per source

If the Niners sign freeking Desean Jackson while signing zero FA CBs this offseason I'm going to spit in Baalke's coffee. (unless they trade Michael Crabtree, in which case I'm fine with it).

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helllll no he won't. Oakland is where a players go to lose their souls on middling teams that show just enough promise to only suck pretty bad. He's not going to Oakland unless no other team is within $5 of what Oakland offers. I think he'll go play with RGIII instead of Bald Head Schaub.
Possible ,but that 'Skin field is a killer to anyone that plays on it. If Jax goes there he might want to have a large contract of guaranteed money if he gets injured.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see DJax wanting to play with Crabtree, Boldin, & Davis because I imagine he doesn't just want to be first fiddle, he wants to be the ONLY fiddle.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Niners sign freeking Desean Jackson while signing zero FA CBs this offseason I'm going to spit in Baalke's coffee. (unless they trade Michael Crabtree, in which case I'm fine with it).

It doesn't add up to me either. I agree- trading Crabs would be the only way to make this signing work.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BkKZshhCMAAutga.jpg:large

Maybe they can share their fashion tastes if DJax comes here.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
https://twitter.com/NBCdianna This local DC reporter is giving multiple updates on the situation with DJax...FWIW she says he meet with SF tomorrow if he doesn't sign with WAS today.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't believe anything you read today!!

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are actually whining about this? Jump off a cliff why you are at it...The 49ers would have Crabtree, Boldin, D-Jax and Davis with Gore, Hunter, Lattimore and Kap. Hell that's an all star lineup, you can then just go and use every draft pick for defense. They already have said they are interested if the price comes down for D-Jax. I would take D-Jax and his play making on offense and special teams over and CB out there, CB are very very overrated and with our healthy DL we just need a couple of good ones not great ones

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are actually whining about this? Jump off a cliff why you are at it...The 49ers would have Crabtree, Boldin, D-Jax and Davis with Gore, Hunter, Lattimore and Kap. Hell that's an all star lineup, you can then just go and use every draft pick for defense. They already have said they are interested if the price comes down for D-Jax. I would take D-Jax and his play making on offense and special teams over and CB out there, CB are very very overrated and with our healthy DL we just need a couple of good ones not great ones

While don't YOU jump off a cliff why you are at it?

Also, I appreciate your overly bellicose and abusive posting style and your stellar contributions to the discourse but could you please make your posts more readable? It's like reading the half-baked ramblings of an angry, dyslexic teenager.

I think people are justified being critical about this potential move considering the money involved, the player's baggage, and the fact that it would probably be overkill considering our QB/offensive system