• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners contact eagles about DeSean Jackson

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years $24 million $16 million gar.

Now that that's over....
Seems to me that it would be less than the Raiders would offer but Al isn't there anymore. Snyder has the deep pockets somehow.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You had that one correct. Early word is his first year is for less money for the 'Skins to make the cap this season. A good target for RG3 but that field they play on for 8 games might shorten that production.

Seems to me that it would be less than the Raiders would offer but Al isn't there anymore. Snyder has the deep pockets somehow.

Snyder has deep pockets for everything except fixing that field.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that's not a bad contract. He took less money then what he was making with Philly. Nice get for Wash. Only 3 years. I really think this was a great deal for Wash. 16 mill is a little high but who cares u only have him for 3 years.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Damn that's not a bad contract. He took less money then what he was making with Philly. Nice get for Wash. Only 3 years. I really think this was a great deal for Wash. 16 mill is a little high but who cares u only have him for 3 years.

This is a good deal for them...especially relative to giving the Rams perennial high draft picks because they suck and signing Josh Morgan for around $6m/year.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a good deal for both IMO. Possibly now the 'Skins can focus in that crappy defense they put up last season by drafting some help.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It'll be fun to watch him torch the philly secondary with a chip on his shoulder.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jackson values $ and racking up better stats over playing for a title contender....not real surprising.

Can't really blame him, but say a 1 year 5 million deal with a nice signing bonus to play near your old stomping grounds and chase a title doesn't sound too bad either. He's already getting money out of Philly, so its not like he'd be playing for peanuts.

The need for WR speed can still be addressed in the draft though, so no biggie.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He puts the skins a lot closer to being a contender. If they addressed the line, that team could turn right back around fast on the backs of an elite offense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He puts the skins a lot closer to being a contender. If they addressed the line, that team could turn right back around fast on the backs of an elite offense.

Skins can easily win that Division now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jackson values $ and racking up better stats over playing for a title contender....not real surprising.

Can't really blame him, but say a 1 year 5 million deal with a nice signing bonus to play near your old stomping grounds and chase a title doesn't sound too bad either. He's already getting money out of Philly, so its not like he'd be playing for peanuts.

The need for WR speed can still be addressed in the draft though, so no biggie.

Its not like he went to the Jags. Wash is a Playoff type team. They can win the East.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not like he went to the Jags. Wash is a Playoff type team. They can win the East.

They sure didn't look like a playoff team last season. Title contender and playoff contender are two different things. Maybe he'll get a sniff at a championship one day, but maybe he won't.

I'm fine with the 49ers not getting him and understand why he'd want to get a hefty paycheck and play with an exciting QB in RGIII. He may regret not taking a shot at a title with the 49ers in his later years however.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sure didn't look like a playoff team last season. Title contender and playoff contender are two different things. Maybe he'll get a sniff at a championship one day, but maybe he won't.

I'm fine with the 49ers not getting him and understand why he'd want to get a hefty paycheck and play with an exciting QB in RGIII. He may regret not taking a shot at a title with the 49ers in his later years however.

He really doesn't seem like the kind of guy to regret not winning more, IMO.

I wasn't super enthused about getting him but for only 8 million per? Oh well.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burgundy is a just classier way to describe a dark red color.

I know. If he had said dark red or not mentioned colors, it wouldn't have struck me in the conspiracy way. "Disclaimer, guys, this is burgundy, not red. Got it? BURGUNDY. Not red."

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well it's do or die time for RGIII now. He now has some really good surrounding talent, and he's a year removed from the ACL tear. Time to prove me wrong by becoming an above-average starting QB in the NFL or prove me right by becoming a below-average starting QB in the NFL.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles take a step back and redskins step forward. This move in a football standpoint hurts that eagles offense.

Jackson was a big part of that eagles resurgence.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dont think he will regret not getting a title shot. This whole thing about free agents willing to take less for a chance is so overblown. For most of the players, they take the money first.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dont think he will regret not getting a title shot. This whole thing about free agents willing to take less for a chance is so overblown. For most of the players, they take the money first.

I agree. Players get roughly $20-30k in bonuses per playoff game. They could care less about playing for a contender.