• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners contact eagles about DeSean Jackson

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Has anyone made the DeSean Jackson is a REDskin joke yet? Red which is the color of the rival gang to the Crips. If not,

[insert joke here]

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
New report details Chip Kelly's problems with DeSean | Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

Just some of what is contained:

"The fact is, [Jackson] was a 'me-guy' with an attitude problem and [Maclin] is the complete opposite, a team guy, a great character guy you go to war with,” a source told Santoliquito. "Funny how [Jackson] has this anti-bully thing (Jackson has campaigned against bullying) and he thought he could push [Kelly] around; he found out otherwise.

"His being cut had nothing to do with the gang stuff. The team knew it. Everyone knew he had ‘ties.’ Those were his guys. That’s OK. What put him out was his selfishness. He can try and spin it all he wants how he’s 'a team player.' He’s not. I’ll put it this way, when it came out last Friday that [Jackson] was released, more than a few guys were happy it happened. They said 'good riddance.' He had no real connection with anyone."

"Yes, you can say [Jackson] was the type that could catch three TDs in a loss," a source told CBSPhilly. "Everyone would be down, but you had the impression he was happy, because he got his. It was all about him. A lot of guys thought that way about him. [Kelly] came in here with a plan to get this thing right, and the one major [obstacle] standing in his way was [Jackson]. If we were going to move forward as a team, he had to go. Think about it -- did anyone come right out and back him publicly? Not one."

There's more ...

"You see little kids and how they cry and whine when they don’t get their way, that was D-Jax,” another source told the site. "I don’t think [Jackson] gave [Kelly] the respect he deserved. Kelly tried to reach [Jackson] plenty of times and [Jackson] tuned him out. Then you look at team functions, when everyone is out together at charity things or social stuff. He was the one missing. It was like he was in 'D-Jax world' and we just happened to be there.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't serious, but given the comments about his gang affiliations and their aversion to the color red (a cited reason by some in why SF/KC couldn't work), it was weird for him to announce it mentioning colors.

Instagram#

Burgundy is a just classier way to describe a dark red color.

I know. If he had said dark red or not mentioned colors, it wouldn't have struck me in the conspiracy way. "Disclaimer, guys, this is burgundy, not red. Got it? BURGUNDY. Not red."

Also, I thought it was interesting that he said gold as the secondary color. The redskins pants look more like yellow to me. There's only one team that claim gold as a color and that's us.

Has anyone made the DeSean Jackson is a REDskin joke yet? Red which is the color of the rival gang to the Crips. If not,

[insert joke here]

It wasn't really that joke specifically, but the above posts referred to the rival gang's color and the potentially deliberate comment distancing himself from red.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
New report details Chip Kelly's problems with DeSean | Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

Just some of what is contained:

"The fact is, [Jackson] was a 'me-guy' with an attitude problem and [Maclin] is the complete opposite, a team guy, a great character guy you go to war with,” a source told Santoliquito. "Funny how [Jackson] has this anti-bully thing (Jackson has campaigned against bullying) and he thought he could push [Kelly] around; he found out otherwise.

"His being cut had nothing to do with the gang stuff. The team knew it. Everyone knew he had ‘ties.’ Those were his guys. That’s OK. What put him out was his selfishness. He can try and spin it all he wants how he’s 'a team player.' He’s not. I’ll put it this way, when it came out last Friday that [Jackson] was released, more than a few guys were happy it happened. They said 'good riddance.' He had no real connection with anyone."

"Yes, you can say [Jackson] was the type that could catch three TDs in a loss," a source told CBSPhilly. "Everyone would be down, but you had the impression he was happy, because he got his. It was all about him. A lot of guys thought that way about him. [Kelly] came in here with a plan to get this thing right, and the one major [obstacle] standing in his way was [Jackson]. If we were going to move forward as a team, he had to go. Think about it -- did anyone come right out and back him publicly? Not one."

There's more ...

"You see little kids and how they cry and whine when they don’t get their way, that was D-Jax,” another source told the site. "I don’t think [Jackson] gave [Kelly] the respect he deserved. Kelly tried to reach [Jackson] plenty of times and [Jackson] tuned him out. Then you look at team functions, when everyone is out together at charity things or social stuff. He was the one missing. It was like he was in 'D-Jax world' and we just happened to be there.

This was pretty evident, but interesting to read it. That's what bothered me about Sherman's article. He had some decent points, but much of it was, "The Eagles are hypocrites because they extended Cooper who is a racist, and the league is hypocritical because people aren't freaking out about Irsay who is a drug user."

My thought about that, particularly the Cooper thing, was that it should be clear, given the treatment of Cooper versus Jackson, that there was another reason why Jackson was getting cut. It would seem that is the case. And obviously Jackson's alleged gang ties haven't kept him out of work. It is interesting that a Seahawk would go after Irsay, though. Seems to me Sherman interacts with drug users on a regular basis, and not all that much was made of their individual offenses. It was only when, oh, the sixth or seventh guy tested positive that people started making a fuss about that.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It wasn't really that joke specifically, but the above posts referred to the rival gang's color and the potentially deliberate comment distancing himself from red.

Okay I'm way late. I felt so creative too.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can continue to filter out reports that the gang associations had nothing to do with it but I'm not buying it. Yeah the Eagles have known about it for quite sometime but Aaron Hernandez just happened in 2013. His release was certainly an accumulation of many things, but it seems as if some source is really trying to quiet this gang thing as having any credence to his departure. No team can afford to knowingly have a potential Aaron Hernandez situation blow up on there team, the financial ramifications and the public outcry would be unparalleled. TMZ Sports last posted Mr. Jackson throwing up what has been alleged as gang signs on March 10 2014, a few weeks later the article comes out and then he's gone. I'm not saying he's a member nor am I saying that everything written in the media is true, but as the old folks say "where there is smoke, there is usually fire". The "Aaron Hernandez rule as I call it may have not been the lone gunman in DeSeans release but it was a bullet.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And certainly I'm not going to be ignorant to the fact to suggest that there are not tons of gang members or gang associations deeper than the alleged connectivity of DeSean, but the difference between Jax and those others guys is that they are not out in the mainstream allegedly throwing up the set for the world to see in videos, images, and at work (on the field). At least none that I am aware of

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just my thoughts but the Eagles were playing dirty pool with the whole gang association angle.

They cut him for all the crap his does in the locker room but they wanted to sling even more mud and make the release even more palpable to fans by throwing in not only was he a locker room cancer but a gang banger as well.

Jackson does have some blame as well because when you're taking pictures with know gang members, flashing gang signs, tweeting out support for them, and not at all looking like you have a problem with what they do than don't wonder why people might think you're part of a gang. Like the old saying of if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and flies like a duck than it might be a duck.

I personally think he's just one of those dudes that hangs around those guys to be "cool" sort to speak but I can see why people would question him on it.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No official word from the Eagle's FO yet that I know of. Many 'sources' reporting in but nobody wanting to be named. We will see how he does next season as the deed is done.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a sports perspective I just hope DeSean learns from this incident and makes the necessary changes to continue to exploit his ability in the NFL and do so successfully. In the biggest of Lies there still sits the smallest of truths in all accounts (in most cases). I hope he grows from this situation and becomes the exact opposite of all the claims and allegations that may have surrounded his release. He's a talented brotha with a great opportunity in life.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is a great pick up for Wash.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jackson is a great pick up for Wash.

if you're only looking at the football skills part?

but if you consider the other reasons for letting him go in the first place..........do you really want that on YOUR team?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you're only looking at the football skills part?

but if you consider the other reasons for letting him go in the first place..........do you really want that on YOUR team?

football yes. Gang thing isn't a big thing. From what most have reported that know him say he isn't part of a Gang. Some say he has issues. Don't know what to believe.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've seen a report that accused him of being in a gang, it's his affiliations with members of a certain gang as some of these members have been targets of murder investigations, his demonstrated ability to display gangs signs on and off the field. To say his gang references and images are a non issue in the wake of the Aaron Hernandez situation is simply not accurate. In the case of the Philadelphia Eagles, you simply do not cut a player of his caliber and receive nothing in return due to "guys simply not getting along" as this commodity just walks to a division rival. And as I've pointed out in other settings, I have not come across a single article where any of his former Eagles teammates are defending him or at least showing remorse over his departure and that in itself is a major issue as a reflection upon him in the locker room

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in no way do I feel the Eagles smeared DeSean, the information was already out there prior to Hernandez but that photo captured and released in March of this year in the post Hernandez era was damaging. I represent clients in PR work and as a brand that photo within itself is damaging for the player and the organization. The NFL wants this Gang association situation to die down as they crack down but they cannot have guys being blatant about affiliations post Hernandez in regards to the demographic this league is primarily marketed to. Again I stress, I feel it was an accumulation of multiple reasons but his Gang representation is an issue.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've seen a report that accused him of being in a gang, it's his affiliations with members of a certain gang as some of these members have been targets of murder investigations, his demonstrated ability to display gangs signs on and off the field. To say his gang references and images are a non issue in the wake of the Aaron Hernandez situation is simply not accurate. In the case of the Philadelphia Eagles, you simply do not cut a player of his caliber and receive nothing in return due to "guys simply not getting along" as this commodity just walks to a division rival. And as I've pointed out in other settings, I have not come across a single article where any of his former Eagles teammates are defending him or at least showing remorse over his departure and that in itself is a major issue as a reflection upon him in the locker room

Something just doesn't add up. I agree u don't cut a guy with his talent for no reason. Either eagles felt like something was about to happen and wanted to cut him before things happen or Eagles just made a mistake. Sounds like some players are defending Djax so as of now it looks like Philly made a mistake and now have to face he 2 times a year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
football yes. Gang thing isn't a big thing. From what most have reported that know him say he isn't part of a Gang. Some say he has issues. Don't know what to believe.

yes the gang thing but the "me attitude" more importantly, which could tear down team unity pretty fast. next would be his cap hit, which will prevent us from keeping our OWN good players. players we've developed into OUR system, and are known to be good team players.

so are these the things Washington should be bringing onto to their team? is this really a good signing considering the entire picture? we'll see..................

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Something just doesn't add up. I agree u don't cut a guy with his talent for no reason. Either eagles felt like something was about to happen and wanted to cut him before things happen or Eagles just made a mistake. Sounds like some players are defending Djax so as of now it looks like Philly made a mistake and now have to face he 2 times a year.

your opinion is fine, but mine is the new regime did NOT make a mistake. these guys depend heavily on good players to perform. they aren't blind as to his football talent, that is clear for everyone to see. if at all possible, these guys know they have to keep good players.

so for them to conclude they have to cut him, there must be a LOT going on past his football talent?