• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Foles benched!!!!!! Case Keenum to start @ Ravens this Sunday.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for S Mannion's turn @ throwing the rwak about the yard.

Keep waiting. He doesn't get any reps in practice as third string, so they're not going to risk throwing him out there.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for S Mannion's turn @ throwing the rwak about the yard.

Sorry,hope I'm wrong, but I think he is your typical good "college" QB, never going to make it in the NFL, kind of like a Sam Bradford, only not as fragile!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry,hope I'm wrong, but I think he is your typical good "college" QB, never going to make it in the NFL, kind of like a Sam Bradford, only not as fragile!
This is just such a cynical post Smed.

You really have nothing to base your opinion on long term. It's always a crap shoot, and the same could have been said for one Tom Brady.

I'm not saying that Sean is the answer but he has yet to get his shot.

Let's not throw him under the bus just yet....

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just such a cynical post Smed.

You really have nothing to base your opinion on long term. It's always a crap shoot, and the same could have been said for one Tom Brady.

I'm not saying that Sean is the answer but he has yet to get his shot.

Let's not throw him under the bus just yet....

Your right Vita, but I'm basing my opinion on the odds! And the odds are not good. most QB's that are drafted every year don't make it, it makes it even harder if you are the third string QB, let alone ;94 a team like the Rams!

There are 32 teams in the league, at least half if not more have capable QBs starting for them now, yet there are still a handful of QB's drafted every year, alot of them very good "college" QB's, a lot of the really good ones get picked and are never heard from again! I don't see Mannion as this big stud QB that every one was in love with coming out of college.

I think the guy has real good size, but I don't see anything special about him. As you said, he could make it, odds are against it!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro, as impressive as those leadership roles are that you've been/are involved with, they are void of true direct reports and down line reports. These types of reports are people who are responsible for various functions within an organization which allow leadership to focus on the big scope of things while communicating with various key direct reports in action in the function of their leadership role. Should one of the key direct reports fail, unfortunately it becomes a reactionary action such as was the case here with CJF.

Also, I'll state it again Retro, if it were intended to be a primary function of the HC, we would see it clearly spelled out in the NFL's concussion protocol and it is not.

Last if some wish to implicate CJF as in 'hiding' that's fine, but those folks are basically calling CJF a liar, because no one can have a realistic expectation of someone 'reacting' to something they did not see. That's ridiculous!

Nope wrong again, Vita. I was in the loop of organizations that concerned with downstream and upstream reports. I had so many frikin' meetings about who was doing what and their progress etc., etc., that often it took a great deal of time just to get past the meetings.

You apparently have a need to defend Fisher even when he blew it and this was a case of that status. Even if he didn't see the event, he is still responsible to get in touch with the people who are directly involved, assistant coaches in the booth who did see the play, the OC, someone.

The fact that he took no responsibility even after the fact stating he didn't see the actual play wreaks of basically stating, "This is not my fault". When I heard that in the meetings I attended over the years, it usually meant that person was around for long.

Before you go on pontificating about what I did or did not do, to support your contention that I have no experience to make the statements I making, why don't you ask before you look silly making these comments about my experience that have no basis either.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope wrong again, Vita. I was in the loop of organizations that concerned with downstream and upstream reports. I had so many frikin' meetings about who was doing what and their progress etc., etc., that often it took a great deal of time just to get past the meetings.

You apparently have a need to defend Fisher even when he blew it and this was a case of that status. Even if he didn't see the event, he is still responsible to get in touch with the people who are directly involved, assistant coaches in the booth who did see the play, the OC, someone.

The fact that he took no responsibility even after the fact stating he didn't see the actual play wreaks of basically stating, "This is not my fault". When I heard that in the meetings I attended over the years, it usually meant that person was around for long.

Before you go on pontificating about what I did or did not do, to support your contention that I have no experience to make the statements I making, why don't you ask before you look silly making these comments about my experience that have no basis either.

This is basically saying what I have since the beginning...If Fisher didn't know, why not? The offense was on the field and he isn't an Offensive coach, but lets put that to the side for a sec....Even if he WAS somehow involved with something going on Offensively(which I have a hard time believeing)...You're telling me(not you of course lol)that a Coach, Trainer, Player, Ball Boy, Ref, someone doesn't say to Fisher that, "Hey, Case is down!!!"

Someone must've known something since Foles popped off the bench and started warming up...It just doesn't add up...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is basically saying what I have since the beginning...If Fisher didn't know, why not? The offense was on the field and he isn't an Offensive coach, but lets put that to the side for a sec....Even if he WAS somehow involved with something going on Offensively(which I have a hard time believeing)...You're telling me(not you of course lol)that a Coach, Trainer, Player, Ball Boy, Ref, someone doesn't say to Fisher that, "Hey, Case is down!!!"

Someone must've known something since Foles popped off the bench and started warming up...It just doesn't add up...
I'm okay with this, if you're going to call him a liar than call him a liar, but let's act like asking him why he didn't react to something he says he didn't see sounds reasonable.

Either take his word or not.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with this, if you're going to call him a liar than call him a liar, but let's act like asking him why he didn't react to something he says he didn't see sounds reasonable.

Either take his word or not.

Being a liar is part of being an NFL coach, isn't it? You lie about players who might be hurt/might play, you lie about the personnel packages you might use during the game, you lie about the plays you might use, etc...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He either saw it or he didn't, so each of us can either choose to believe CJF or not....

Sort of like you here; You were either in a leadership role or you were not and we can either choose to believe you or not.

Do you get the point now?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a liar is part of being an NFL coach, isn't it? You lie about players who might be hurt/might play, you lie about the personnel packages you might use during the game, you lie about the plays you might use, etc...
I don't agree. It's one thing to be coy about the examples you bring up here to keep your opponents guessing. It's another to lie about something as critical as the NFL's concussion protocol.

Furthermore, I see no value in putting a concussed QB of Case's caliber out on the field. To me, and I would think to most, one would think it's a detriment rather than a benefit, especially in that game circumstance.

I get that CJF is on the hot seat and I am on that bandwagon, but I'm not about to jump on the bandwagon of vilifying the man over something that I truly believe was not seen just because I want change, and I'm not saying you are LTRF, but that to me is evil, disgusting and just too easy of a leap.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree. It's one thing to be coy about the examples you bring up here to keep your opponents guessing. It's another to lie about something as critical as the NFL's concussion protocol.

Furthermore, I see no value in putting a concussed QB of Case's caliber out on the field. To me, and I would think to most, one would think it's a detriment rather than a benefit, especially in that game circumstance.

I get that CJF is on the hot seat and I am on that bandwagon, but I'm not about to jump on the bandwagon of vilifying the man over something that I truly believe was not seen just because I want change, and I'm not saying you are LTRF, but that to me is evil, disgusting and just too easy of a leap.

I said NOTHING about a "bandwagon" and not sure where that even factors into what we are talking about here...

Are you trying to tell me that Fisher never played with a concussion and said nothing? That he didn't knowingly play with guys he knew were knocked silly and said nothing?

I always think back to the DVDs I have of the '85 Bears season(I bought because we played them in the NFC Championship game, yes I like to torture myself lol)...

Jim McMahon was KO'd from a game in the first quarter, by the third quarter, the ANNOUNCERS were saying how they couldn't believe how McMahon wasn't back in there after only getiing his "bell rung"!!!...

This is the way Fisher was brought up. Apparently, "Bell Rung" or not, if Fisher thinks this is the guy, that's the guy unless someone tells him for sure the guy has to come out.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said NOTHING about a "bandwagon" and not sure where that even factors into what we are talking about here...

Are you trying to tell me that Fisher never played with a concussion and said nothing? That he didn't knowingly play with guys he knew were knocked silly and said nothing?

I always think back to the DVDs I have of the '85 Bears season(I bought because we played them in the NFC Championship game, yes I like to torture myself lol)...

Jim McMahon was KO'd from a game in the first quarter, by the third quarter, the ANNOUNCERS were saying how they couldn't believe how McMahon wasn't back in there after only getiing his "bell rung"!!!...

This is the way Fisher was brought up. Apparently, "Bell Rung" or not, if Fisher thinks this is the guy, that's the guy unless seasonsomeone tells him for sure the guy has to come out.
A lot has changed regarding player safety since the '85 season, especially regarding concussions. So I am talking about the here and now and I believe him. As for you saying nothing, you must of missed where I said 'and I'm not saying you are' (saying this) at the end there.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot has changed regarding player safety since the '85 season, especially regarding concussions. So I am talking about the here and now and I believe him. As for you saying nothing, you must of missed where I said 'and I'm not saying you are' (saying this) at the end there.

I know you did :suds:

As far as believing him, yes I guess that is a personal opinion. The truth? I never said I didn't believe him...HOWEVER, if he didn't see and wasn't told of Keenum's condition there is a SERIOUS problem within his staff which is a worse situation than this organization needs to deal with right now...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The jist of this argument (issue) is completely encapsulated in post 166 by LTR. To focus on whether Fisher didn't see the actual event is only one item in a growing pattern of behavior and results with Fisher that avoids responsibility for a team that is rapidly disintegrating especially after all the promises he made the last four years and when we signed Foles this past year.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you did :suds:

As far as believing him, yes I guess that is a personal opinion. The truth? I never said I didn't believe him...HOWEVER, if he didn't see and wasn't told of Keenum's condition there is a SERIOUS problem within his staff which is a worse situation than this organization needs to deal with right now...
You see this is where I totally agree with you LTRF.

Since I do believe he told the truth about what he saw, there IS a serious breakdown of communications in St Louis. It could be we just have the wrong dude in Fishers medical chain or it's just another indicator to Stan that it is time to move on from this coaching staff and build upon the stellar defense that Snisher has brought to the Rams.

I mean what good is it to only have a good defense?

Sort of like having only one half of a $100 bill.

-a-100-dollar-bill-torn-in-half-with-a-line-of-white-pills-down-the-middle-on-a-white-background.jpg

I mean it's a great place to start, but it just isn't worth anything unless you have both sides.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The jist of this argument (issue) is completely encapsulated in post 166 by LTR. To focus on whether Fisher didn't see the actual event is only one item in a growing pattern of behavior and results with Fisher that avoids responsibility for a team that is rapidly disintegrating especially after all the promises he made the last four years and when we signed Foles this past year.
I do think it matters though, and once again we just need to disagree. If you believe him, it clearly shows, as LTRF has pointed out, that there are real communication problems in St Louis. Play should have been stopped, bottom line.

But for the record, it also falls squarely on the NFL too because the NFL spotter's sole responsibility is to stop play if they see a potential concussed player on the field and start the concussion protocol. IMO this is probably why the NFL let the Rams organization off the hook. The NFLPA has not been so indulgent, and I'm certain they will continue to push the issue not only with the Rams but the with the NFL as a whole.

This past week, we saw Big Ben self report and start the concussion protocol, and while it is a good thing that a player did this, it sort of fly's in the face of the NFL's concussion protocol to begin with. I'm sure the NFLPA will be looking into the role of the Steelers organization for potential failures in that sequence of events as well.

Last edited:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum to start Sunday vs Lions.

:frusty: If Jeff Fisher thinks that he is the answer to our problems with the offense, he just needs to resign immediately.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:frusty: If Jeff Fisher thinks that he is the answer to our problems with the offense, he just needs to resign immediately.

Well, at least Cignetti is out.

Hmm, OCs keep getting fired but the playcalling remains terrible. I wish I could find the common thread between them.......FISHER FOOTBALL!