• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Quarterback Scramble

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also @Mingo it is good to be back. I've thought about it a hundred times of why am I not back posting on the boards. Some of my favorite Bronco conversations have happened in this place. You guys are a lot more sane than the people on facebook or twitter that is for sure.
I hope the DR trip is fruitful for you and your wife - my prayers are sparse, but with you.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we trade for Darnold or Minshew, or is it Lock or Rookie right now?
The Broncos have talked to both the Jets and Jags to see what the asking price is. They are not option A or even option B from what I understand, but if other things fall through they will consider it. They have also talked to the Bears about Foles, but I think that one happens if say they do draft a rookie and would like a veteran that knows the system a bit to help him out.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the DR trip is fruitful for you and your wife - my prayers are sparse, but with you.

Thank you @Mingo! We just got a call today from the adoption agency and they are moving things forward. Tomorrow we get the file on the kids and get our first glimpse at them and their lives so far up to this point. If everything goes well then we could be leaving right after the draft to head that direction.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you throwing out the playoff edict for Fangio? What do you need to see to give Fangio another contract?

This QB decision is difficult at best. You trade Lock and he becomes a top 10 QB while the rookie draft flames out the Broncos look like a idiot. If they trade Lock and he flames out while the drafted rookie excels they are brilliant. It is a roll of the dice either way. I am no QB whisper but I think Lock is as good or better then all the QBs in this stat but Lawerence and Wilson.

I am glad I don’t have to stake my career on a roll of the dice like drafting a QB in the NFL draft.

I'm not throwing anything out. Broncos have a top-10 roster minus the QB in my opinion. We have seen a lot of rookie QB's step into such situations and do just fine. They know not everything is thrown on them from the get go and are asked to just not go lose games.

Heck we have seen Fangio coach a team with a below average QB in Trubisky to the playoffs before with an outstanding defense. So I think at least a winning record would be expected whether it is Lock or a rookie. Remember Lock still has a ton of growing to do as well. His mechanics are some of the worst in the NFL right now. He does have a head start on any rookie knowing the team, playbook, and just what it feels like to be in an NFL game, but I don't think it is all that crazy to think a rookie could come in and play better than Lock last year. He was a bottom-5 QB last season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO - the two best options for "pushing" Lock are trading for either Darnold or signing Alex Smith. I'd rather have Darnold - who was misused by the Jets miserably - it still very young and won't need to split reps with Lock - as he won't be up to snuff on the offense until later in the season - where he can be there is Lock is injured or fails. Smith would be credible to put into the lineup for the Lock injury or failure -while providing veteran leadership. These - to me - are better options than trading sparse resources for a college boy QB shinning object.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO - the two best options for "pushing" Lock are trading for either Darnold or signing Alex Smith. I'd rather have Darnold - who was misused by the Jets miserably - it still very young and won't need to split reps with Lock - as he won't be up to snuff on the offense until later in the season - where he can be there is Lock is injured or fails. Smith would be credible to put into the lineup for the Lock injury or failure -while providing veteran leadership. These - to me - are better options than trading sparse resources for a college boy QB shinning object.
I think Sf trades for Darnold and trades Jimmy g back to NE.

Shanahan can make something out of Sam.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me Darnold is a guy who can push Lock, and potentially become the guy. With Smith, I don't think he is the same guy he was before the injury, but would be a valuable asset to help Drew develop. They both bring something, but something different to the equitation.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time I have seen A Smith mentioned. I’ve wondered why - seems like a perfect back up for Lock if we go that direction.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These - to me - are better options than trading sparse resources for a college boy QB shinning object.
Obviously John Lynch called and asked for your advice!

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is anyone really interested in Darnold? And what would you give

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time I have seen A Smith mentioned. I’ve wondered why - seems like a perfect back up for Lock if we go that direction.
Yeah, I mentioned it via text like 3 weeks ago.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is anyone really interested in Darnold? And what would you give

I'd straight trade Darnold for Lock and a swap of picks (we give our 3rd, we get their 4th kinda deal).

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd straight trade Darnold for Lock and a swap of picks (we give our 3rd, we get their 4th kinda deal).
Not sure why the Jets would do this. Wilson will be their future. They would likely want to get an extra draft pick for Darnold not just a swap of picks. They could get a 2 or 3 straight up for Darnold and sign a backup with a little more experience, imo. Like Alex Smith. ;)

But I also understand that you said you would do this not the Jets. ;)