• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL on Marijuana (puzzles me)

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL players still remain subject to fines for positive marijuana tests under the new CBA.
Testing used to begin on April 20 (really), but now begins when players report to camp. “You must be prepared to drug test as soon as camp opens,” the NFLPA reminded its membership in a memo. “As in years past, testing is unannounced and will happen in groups. You won’t know the date of the test. You may be tested when you walk through the door, or you may be tested two weeks after camp begins.” Weed suspensions are a thing of the past, but escalating testing and fines are not. Why the league still tests for it at all remains a mystery.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL players still remain subject to fines for positive marijuana tests under the new CBA.
Testing used to begin on April 20 (really), but now begins when players report to camp. “You must be prepared to drug test as soon as camp opens,” the NFLPA reminded its membership in a memo. “As in years past, testing is unannounced and will happen in groups. You won’t know the date of the test. You may be tested when you walk through the door, or you may be tested two weeks after camp begins.” Weed suspensions are a thing of the past, but escalating testing and fines are not. Why the league still tests for it at all remains a mystery.
Goodell loves control.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, at least they won't get suspended. it's a start.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell loves control.
I'd like to see Goodell perform that same test at random. The way he scarfed down those m & m's on draft day and then proceeded to fall asleep in his chair, tells me he may be a closeted smoker.

He seems like a "Do as I say and not as I do" kind of guy.