• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marijuana and the NFL

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read every year about how players get in trouble about possession or use of marijuana and just shake my head. I use to think man these guys just can't get away from this stuff. Gordon pretty much screwed over what could have been a HoF career because of it and we all remember Ricky Williams. Then i started to suffer from increasingly more common migraines. They went from 1 to 4 times a year to 1 to 4 times a month to 2 to 3 times a week. I had many tests done and they showed nothing so my Doctor asked me to try Medical Marijuana for control so i wasn't taking 4 to 6 pain pills every time i had them just to try to get relief which rarely if ever worked.

I noticed when using marijuana ( edibles ) that i suffered way less. The pain would go from a 11 with projectile vomit caused by the pain down to a 1 or 2 and i could sleep and the frequency that i got them is now back to 1-2 times a month. The bonus side effect i also noticed is my chronic shoulder, neck and knee pains have went to almost zero and i am able to be more active. I only bring this up because i have no doubt that many of these players use marijuana to control pain now that i have seen the benefits of it myself. CBD has just recently started being tested for neurological disorders and many Doctors suggests CBD may help reduce anxiety, relieve pain, and offer neuroprotective properties.

I really believe the NFL needs to stop with these witch hunts and start to see if they can contribute to this study. Think of players like Junior Seau who might be alive today if he had access to it during his playing career or Kenny Easley who's career was cut short from kidney failure caused by the over use of pain pills. There really could be a great benefit to using Marijuana to treat pain and injuries and the testing is so limited because of the stigma of it. All it would take is a Business the size of the NFL to get behind the testing and with in a couple years we could see HUGE gains in the knowledge of the benefits of using Marijuana and or CBD for medical and Neurological reasons. In the limited testing they have done it has shown to have "healing properties", Pills just mask the pain.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For medical purposes prescribed by a doctor i think the nfl should explore it.

I understand not allowing it if its for recreation purposes.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the fact 53 views and only one reply kind of makes my point how people view this this topic and avoid it. All because of the stigma around it. In a way i feel bad about that, seeing the benefits it has given me. Being active again, No or almost no pains and diminished Migraines. Been using it as needed for 2 months now and i wish i would have tried it 5 years ago.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For medical purposes prescribed by a doctor i think the nfl should explore it.

I understand not allowing it if its for recreation purposes.

Why would you have an issue with the NFL allowing it for recreation purposes? Do you have a problem with the NFL allowing players to drink alcohol?

I don't (and have never) use marijuana because I've been getting drug tested by the Navy since I was 20, but I really don't understand why there are people that have an issue with others using it, particularly if they take a different view on Alcohol

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you have an issue with the NFL allowing it for recreation purposes? Do you have a problem with the NFL allowing players to drink alcohol?

I don't (and have never) use marijuana because I've been getting drug tested by the Navy since I was 20, but I really don't understand why there are people that have an issue with others using it, particularly if they take a different view on Alcohol

Federally it is still illegal and many employers if not MOST still drug test for it. I wouldnt honestly care either way if the nfl decided to make it ok for players or not.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the NFL should just get involved in the testing of it for pain control and it's healing properties. The THC is what makes you high not the CBD. They used CBD to make a cancer cell shut itself off to stop taking in blood and Oxygen because it was being poisoned by the CBD which in turned KILLED IT. The Cancer killed ITSELF! think about it.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even a user and that shit needs to be 100% legal federally.

It'll happen sooner rather than later, most likely as soon as someone is able to develop a test to make sure people aren't high at work. Same as alcohol. Do it all you want while you're not on the clock.

The stigma has already been chipped away so much the last 5 years or so, so things are trending the right way.

Glad to hear you found something to help your medical issues.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read every year about how players get in trouble about possession or use of marijuana and just shake my head. I use to think man these guys just can't get away from this stuff. Gordon pretty much screwed over what could have been a HoF career because of it and we all remember Ricky Williams. Then i started to suffer from increasingly more common migraines. They went from 1 to 4 times a year to 1 to 4 times a month to 2 to 3 times a week. I had many tests done and they showed nothing so my Doctor asked me to try Medical Marijuana for control so i wasn't taking 4 to 6 pain pills every time i had them just to try to get relief which rarely if ever worked.

I noticed when using marijuana ( edibles ) that i suffered way less. The pain would go from a 11 with projectile vomit caused by the pain down to a 1 or 2 and i could sleep and the frequency that i got them is now back to 1-2 times a month. The bonus side effect i also noticed is my chronic shoulder, neck and knee pains have went to almost zero and i am able to be more active. I only bring this up because i have no doubt that many of these players use marijuana to control pain now that i have seen the benefits of it myself. CBD has just recently started being tested for neurological disorders and many Doctors suggests CBD may help reduce anxiety, relieve pain, and offer neuroprotective properties.

I really believe the NFL needs to stop with these witch hunts and start to see if they can contribute to this study. Think of players like Junior Seau who might be alive today if he had access to it during his playing career or Kenny Easley who's career was cut short from kidney failure caused by the over use of pain pills. There really could be a great benefit to using Marijuana to treat pain and injuries and the testing is so limited because of the stigma of it. All it would take is a Business the size of the NFL to get behind the testing and with in a couple years we could see HUGE gains in the knowledge of the benefits of using Marijuana and or CBD for medical and Neurological reasons. In the limited testing they have done it has shown to have "healing properties", Pills just mask the pain.

Just my two cents.

good luck with improving as time goes on.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like it to be legalized completely.

I'd like our lawmakers to listen to people who have been growing it for years and years so that if, and when, it is massed produced it will be done in an environmentally and healthy way.

I feel like making it legal would save tobacco farms (surely those farmers would jump at a chance to grow it) and industry jobs.