• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL MVP update

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers played badly when he lost 33-32 to Atlanta playing both QB and Rb?

You clearly have no idea what the hell you are talking about.
LOL, that doesn't even refute my argument. For the first 10 weeks, Carr was clearly superior to Rodgers. One game against ATL doesn't change that.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, that doesn't even refute my argument. For the first 10 weeks, Carr was clearly superior to Rodgers. One game against ATL doesn't change that.

So you get to cherry pick 10 weeks? But I can't use the WHOLE SEASON?

Rodgers was better for the whole season.

He had more games that were superior to Carr.

It does refute it. What you can't refute, is Carr plays with a far better team. He's got 3 running backs that would start for the Pack

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay has no defense or running game. (Not sure how hurt Montgomery is.)

I'm not sure Rodgers can keep this up much longer. He hasn't had a pick since the 13th of November.
LOL, this is always the excuse. How many times do I have to say that the Packers have proven on more than one occasion, including tonight, that they can establish a running game. The thing is, they don't even try to stick to a running game and when they get to the goal line, they completely abandon it more often than not. And this was true even when Lacy and Starks were healthy.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's something left about the lack of running game for Rodgers but on the other hand that allows him to throw fir probably 7 or 8 more TD'S than other quarterbacks because other QBS don't throw it 3 times with first and goal on the 4 yard line. Plus the reality is that the difference between the team with the 8th best rushing attack and the team with the 28th best is probably less than 25 upgrade. Just not a huge deal like it used to be

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They beat Detroit with Flynns 6 Tds and almost beat NE at Gillete which hardly happens best HFA so 1-1

Back on Dec 12th 2010 against the Lions the Lions won the game 7-3 the Pack could not even score a TD the game was at Detroit. it was the year the Pack won their last Super Bowl and Rodgers was out 1 game with the concussion. So the Pack was 1 -2 with FLynn playing

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, this is always the excuse. How many times do I have to say that the Packers have proven on more than one occasion, including tonight, that they can establish a running game. The thing is, they don't even try to stick to a running game and when they get to the goal line, they completely abandon it more often than not. And this was true even when Lacy and Starks were healthy.

Maybe if the COwboys would play that way they would be more successful and have made the playoffs 8 years in row

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you get to cherry pick 10 weeks? But I can't use the WHOLE SEASON?

Rodgers was better for the whole season.

He had more games that were superior to Carr.

It does refute it. What you can't refute, is Carr plays with a far better team. He's got 3 running backs that would start for the Pack
That's not cherry picking. YOU SAID that the Packers would have missed the playoffs in the final week with a worse QB. I bring up that Carr was better than Rodgers for the first 10 weeks which is true. What does that mean to anybody with an IQ above room temperature? It means that with Carr the Packers would have never fell into a 4-6 hole in the first place. Carr was a better MVP candidate than Rodgers this year and the way they played today without him shows that even more, but I'm sure 98% of this board will say Rodgers is better because the last six weeks are more important than an entire regular season. The fact of the matter is, at the midway point everybody was wondering what was wrong with Rodgers. He was playing bad even if his stats didn't say so. But people just wanna ignore that now because they got hot at the end of the year and just completely shit on every other MVP candidate that were consistently great all season and finished with better records.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's something left about the lack of running game for Rodgers but on the other hand that allows him to throw fir probably 7 or 8 more TD'S than other quarterbacks because other QBS don't throw it 3 times with first and goal on the 4 yard line. Plus the reality is that the difference between the team with the 8th best rushing attack and the team with the 28th best is probably less than 25 upgrade. Just not a huge deal like it used to be

This year GB's Montgomery AVG's 6 yards a carry, Lacy 5.1 NE's Blount is 3.9 yards and leads the NFL in TD's. Once they get inside the 5, Brady will hand off the rock most times, even 3 in a row

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on Dec 12th 2010 against the Lions the Lions won the game 7-3 the Pack could not even score a TD the game was at Detroit. it was the year the Pack won their last Super Bowl and Rodgers was out 1 game with the concussion. So the Pack was 1 -2 with FLynn playing
Rodgers played in that game against the Lions and he was trash and got knocked out. Flynn actually outplayed him. LOL at revisionist history.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its your team so you know. For some reason Pro Football reference has him 1-1 as GB starter

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers played in that game against the Lions and he was trash and got knocked out. Flynn actually outplayed him. LOL at revisionist history.

Rodgers played like 5 min of the game and was knocked out he had like 40 yards and FLynn nothing not even a TD

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He plays to win. Period.

Id like it if he only played for stats.
Every QB plays to win. So why bash Brees but give Rodgers a pass? Should I tell you Rodgers stats in the game he got blown out by the Redskins. They were incredible. Kind of Brees like. But hey, Brees is selfish for statpadding, but Rodgers isn't. LMAO

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that they had the no#1 rushing D for awhile? Brady hasn't thrown a pick on the road since last year and holds the all time record with over 350, much easier now that they changed the contact rules because of Peyton and Polian bitching about TY Law and his contact down the field. I still have Ryan as the guy this year almost 5k yards, less throws TD/pass ratio best almost 10 yards a pass
Because why would you run when they have that secondary?

If Brady hadn't committed the cardinal sin and paid the price, he prolly woulda been MVP. That pains me to say, but I believe that. (Not the cardinal sin part, that was for effect.)

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its your team so you know. For some reason Pro Football reference has him 1-1 as GB starter

Rodgers was knocked out early in the game so no I guess he did not quite get all 60 min so not offically a start

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every QB plays to win. So why bash Brees but give Rodgers a pass? Should I tell you Rodgers stats in the game he got blown out by the Redskins. They were incredible. Kind of Brees like. But hey, Brees is selfish for statpadding, but Rodgers isn't. LMAO
Brees plays for stats when the game is no longer in the balance.

He sets passing records with double digit leads in the final seconds. I value that as much as Favre laying down so Strahan can get the sack record.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers played like 5 min of the game and was knocked out he had like 40 yards and FLynn nothing not even a TD
That loss counted against Rodgers, not Flynn. But yeah, Flynn didn't score a TD, but he did score a TD against the Pats. Flynn did save the Packers season the year they came back from down 26-3 in Dallas. Flynn has always been serviceable with the Packers. Yet with every other team, Flynn has been trash. I wonder why that is. Rodgers always having good weapons might be a reason.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there really people here trying to argue that Rodgers isn't a great QB?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not cherry picking. YOU SAID that the Packers would have missed the playoffs in the final week with a worse QB. I bring up that Carr was better than Rodgers for the first 10 weeks which is true. What does that mean to anybody with an IQ above room temperature? It means that with Carr the Packers would have never fell into a 4-6 hole in the first place. Carr was a better MVP candidate than Rodgers this year and the way they played today without him shows that even more, but I'm sure 98% of this board will say Rodgers is better because the last six weeks are more important than an entire regular season. The fact of the matter is, at the midway point everybody was wondering what was wrong with Rodgers. He was playing bad even if his stats didn't say so. But people just wanna ignore that now because they got hot at the end of the year and just completely shit on every other MVP candidate that were consistently great all season and finished with better records.

You actually create a new type of stupid.

Yes, first 10 weeks Carr did have a better head to head Passer rating in 7 of them. Congrats one week Carr had a 80.6 to Rodgers 79.8. 3 of the 7 times that Carr had a better passer rating it was by less than 4 pts.

Rodgers in his 8 games that were better than Carrs..............only week 15 saw the gap within 10 pts and at 6 it was still higher than 3 of the games Carr had over Rodgers.

Rodgers fucking SHIT on him this year. There were FOUR games all year where Carr was legitmately better then Rodgers. 25% of the year. THose games were the Falcons, Ravens, Bucs and Texans. Congrats.

Carr threw better against the shitty Falcons D while Rodgers struggled vs the Vikes D everyone was getting shut down by. Throw a parade.

You are really, really fucking stupid.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers Led the team in carries tonight.