• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Legend disses Kobe

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is a crappy person. Jim is just pointing out the obvious. Don't hate on Jim for stating the truth.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tells the police that he should do what Shaq does and pay them off.
Here's my point, I'm not denying that...but it's like people hold on to everything Kobe has said or done to Shaq. When Shaq says or does whatever, it's "funny" because he's Shaq

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn! WTF happened? TLF stop sucking Kobes dick. He is not your boyfriend. Jim Brown can say what the fuck he wants to about Kobe. Kobe hasnt done shit that counts. Jim Brown is way more relevant.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Brown has made it pretty clear how he feels about Kobe, Barkley, Jordan and a bunch of modern day athletes. They are all about dollars and could careless about their neighborhoods which seem to have record killings nationwide. Why aren't any of those guys speaking up? But instead, they'd travel to China or India and build huts and speak to the kids there about doing better.

Really?!? Here are some of the charities that Kobe supports:

After School All-Stars: This is a nationwide charity that provides after school programs to 72,000 inner city kids.

AID Still Required: Aid Still Required is a 501c3 non-profit corporation, founded to champion forgotten issues and people left behind after natural disasters and other crises, and after the world has turned its attention to other matters. The projects they fund provide means to self-sufficiency, whether it be small business opportunities, medical care, schooling for kids who otherwise wouldn’t get it, or an early-warning system to alert people of a coming tsunami. Each project is performed in as environmentally-friendly manner as possible. Their current outreach campaign for Haiti involves celebrities and athletes using their fan sites, Facebook pages and Twitter accounts to promote awareness and raise funds for projects.

Cathy's Kids Foundation: Founded by Lamar Odom, Cathy’s Kids is focused on ensuring that funds are available for under-privileged youth that live in the inner cities of New York and Los Angeles. It is important to Lamar that young people, especially between the ages of 9-14, have the resources they need to get all the opportunities available to succeed in life. The things that Lamar has identified as most important to helping young people today would be to make sure they have access to some or all of the following:
Educational tools such as books and computers
Mentoring and tutoring services (life skills, guidance, academics)
Recreational opportunities (sports equipment, team and individual sports)

Kobe and Vanessa Bryant Family Foundation: The Kobe & Vanessa Bryant Family Foundation was founded by Kobe Bryant and is dedicated to improving the lives of youth and families in need, both domestically and globally. By providing financial resources and developing unique programs, the Foundation strives to strengthen communities through educational and cultural enrichment opportunities.

Stand Up To Cancer: Stand Up To Cancer is a non-profit organization/website/TV show that aims to raise money for cancer researchers and scientists to come together and reach their common goal: the cure for cancer.

Vijay Armitraj Foundation: Bringing hope, help and healing to the defenseless and innocent victims of disease, tragedy and circumstance in India. The foundation has supported Pediatric HIV/AIDS homes in Delhi, a Blind School in Karnataka, and a mission that cares for HIV/AIDS infected adults and mentally ill patients in Cochin. In Chennai two homes that care for the aged received foundation funds along with a school for orphaned children, and a program that provides job skills to underprivileged women.

These are charities that provide assistance throughout the United States and the world. Kobe and many other of today's athletes like try to make a difference locally, nationally and globally!!

I'd say that today's athletes impact far more people than bitter old ex-athletes like Jim Brown. Perhaps you'd be better served in the future if you actually did some research instead of taking the word of someone with an axe to grind like Jim Brown.

Last edited by a moderator:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wait! Kobe gets caught alledgely raping a girl so what does he do? He tells the police that he should do what Shaq does and pay them off. What does Shaq have to do with him raping a woman?! And I know he didn't r*pe her, she was nucking futs but to bring someone else into something because you got caught..............that's low. And I'm not the biggest Shaq fan either.

My point exactly. What kind of bitch does that?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!? Here are some of the charities that Kobe supports:

After School All-Stars: This is a nationwide charity that provides after school programs to 72,000 inner city kids.

AID Still Required: Aid Still Required is a 501c3 non-profit corporation, founded to champion forgotten issues and people left behind after natural disasters and other crises, and after the world has turned its attention to other matters. The projects they fund provide means to self-sufficiency, whether it be small business opportunities, medical care, schooling for kids who otherwise wouldn’t get it, or an early-warning system to alert people of a coming tsunami. Each project is performed in as environmentally-friendly manner as possible. Their current outreach campaign for Haiti involves celebrities and athletes using their fan sites, Facebook pages and Twitter accounts to promote awareness and raise funds for projects.

Cathy's Kids Foundation: Founded by Lamar Odom, Cathy’s Kids is focused on ensuring that funds are available for under-privileged youth that live in the inner cities of New York and Los Angeles. It is important to Lamar that young people, especially between the ages of 9-14, have the resources they need to get all the opportunities available to succeed in life. The things that Lamar has identified as most important to helping young people today would be to make sure they have access to some or all of the following:
Educational tools such as books and computers
Mentoring and tutoring services (life skills, guidance, academics)
Recreational opportunities (sports equipment, team and individual sports)

Kobe and Vanessa Bryant Family Foundation: The Kobe & Vanessa Bryant Family Foundation was founded by Kobe Bryant and is dedicated to improving the lives of youth and families in need, both domestically and globally. By providing financial resources and developing unique programs, the Foundation strives to strengthen communities through educational and cultural enrichment opportunities.

Stand Up To Cancer: Stand Up To Cancer is a non-profit organization/website/TV show that aims to raise money for cancer researchers and scientists to come together and reach their common goal: the cure for cancer.

Vijay Armitraj Foundation: Bringing hope, help and healing to the defenseless and innocent victims of disease, tragedy and circumstance in India. The foundation has supported Pediatric HIV/AIDS homes in Delhi, a Blind School in Karnataka, and a mission that cares for HIV/AIDS infected adults and mentally ill patients in Cochin. In Chennai two homes that care for the aged received foundation funds along with a school for orphaned children, and a program that provides job skills to underprivileged women.

These are charities that provide assistance throughout the United States and the world. Kobe and many other of today's athletes like try to make a difference locally, nationally and globally!!

I'd say that today's athletes impact far more people than bitter old ex-athletes like Jim Brown. Perhaps you'd be better served in the future if you actually did some research instead of taking the word of someone with an axe to grind like Jim Brown.
Do you know Jay Z does the same thing but his music counter acts what he does? You are completely missing the point of what Brown is saying! He's saying these guys don't have opinions about anything because it will mess with their dollars. People like Brown and Ali were willing to go all out and lose everything for what they believed in. You can't say that about today's athletes. I don't know if you realize but the older you get, the more blunt and direct you become and Brown doesn't sugarcoat.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know Jay Z does the same thing but his music counter acts what he does? You are completely missing the point of what Brown is saying! He's saying these guys don't have opinions about anything because it will mess with their dollars. People like Brown and Ali were willing to go all out and lose everything for what they believed in. You can't say that about today's athletes. I don't know if you realize but the older you get, the more blunt and direct you become and Brown doesn't sugarcoat.

Thank you. On top of that Kobe is bitch for dropping a dime to the cops on Shaq. What kind of shit is that?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. On top of that Kobe is bitch for dropping a dime to the cops on Shaq. What kind of shit is that?

Really?!? Exactly what crime did Shaq commit that Kobe "dropped a dime" on him for?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!? Exactly what crime did Shaq commit that Kobe "dropped a dime" on him for?
I maybe wrong but he was kind of hinting at prostitution....paying girls off for sex and them to be quiet. But definitely adultery, which isn't a crime but could have cost Shaq his marriage........it did didn't it?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate to break it to you, but it's not the 1800's and it's not the 60's anymore. These guys don't have to have the opinions that Jim Brown and Ali had because of what people like Jim Brown, Ali, Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, etc. did.

If Jim Brown actually looked around and paid attention, he'd see that today's athletes are carrying on his and Ali's (among others) activism, just with different causes.

Does racism still exist? Of course. It will always exist. As long as there are different races, there will be idiots who hate others simply because they are different. It's never going away completely. However, it is not at the level that it was back then, not even close.

Todays athletes have plenty of opinions and do plenty to help people. It's just different than what Jim Brown, Ali, etc. did because it's a different world with different issues.

Here's a newsflash: slavery has been abolished, the Vietnam war is over, women and minorities can vote and people from all kinds of diverse backgrounds, nationalities and colors can go to the same schools together.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ask Kobe what crime he committed. Hes the one that told the cops. Why would he do that?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to break it to you, but it's not the 1800's and it's not the 60's anymore. These guys don't have to have the opinions that Jim Brown and Ali had because of what people like Jim Brown, Ali, Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, etc. did.

If Jim Brown actually looked around and paid attention, he'd see that today's athletes are carrying on his and Ali's (among others) activism, just with different causes.

Does racism still exist? Of course. It will always exist. As long as there are different races, there will be idiots who hate others simply because they are different. It's never going away completely. However, it is not at the level that it was back then, not even close.

Todays athletes have plenty of opinions and do plenty to help people. It's just different than what Jim Brown, Ali, etc. did because it's a different world with different issues.

Here's a newsflash: slavery has been abolished, the Vietnam war is over, women and minorities can vote and people from all kinds of diverse backgrounds, nationalities and colors can go to the same schools together.
There's nothing I can tell you. You know it all.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I maybe wrong but he was kind of hinting at prostitution....paying girls off for sex and them to be quiet. But definitely adultery, which isn't a crime but could have cost Shaq his marriage........it did didn't it?

Kobe "dropping a dime", on Shaq was him basically making an off-hand comment to the cops saying "I guess I should do like Shaq and pay them to keep quiet.

Should Kobe have said that? Hell no. However, Shaq has clearly forgiven him and they have patched things up.

As for it costing Shaq his marriage? No. His marriage did end, but it was many years after Kobe said what he did. That's not to say that it wasn't at least part of what cost Shaq his marriage, but it clearly wasn't THE reason.

I also find it interesting that people are more upset with Kobe for saying something stupid, than with Shaq for cheating on his wife. I guess cheating on your wife is okay with some folks.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy part is you really don't get my analogy but you are pretending like you do so you are making posts guessing about what it means.

If you are a person of power and you see a wrong that you could address, if you any kind of morals or heart, you'd address because it could have been you, it was you, or someone you knew. The kid being bullied was a black person in the 60 or whenever. The bully was whoever. But rather than stand up for the guy who you know is the victim, you ignore it because they both buy your shoes and you don't want to offend anyone. It happened with Jordan a couple of years ago and the way Kobe throws his teammates under the bus because he does something wrong, I'm sure Brown sees the same thing in Kobe he saw in Jordan.

Does that make sense?

I get the analogy - but I still say that Jim Brown was being a prick in the wrong place and wrong time

First: He's still pissed about Kobe and Shaq going to different ways and says Kobe threw Shaq under the buss. Not true - Shaq did a lot of things that affected Kobe's decision and Shaq was abusive in general to Kobe. No one forced Shaq to leave or get traded - Shaq demanded a trade and in fact Phil Jackson demanded that the Lakers trade Kobe as well. The Lakers got rid of both Shaq and Phil Jackson - so Jim Buss was wrong

Second: If Jim Brown thinks that Kobe would not be a good partner in fighting for civil rights, then that is on him and that is his loss, but if he has never asked Kobe to help, never sat down and talked with Kobe on any of those things then HE DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO CRITICIZE HIM OPENLY IN PUBLIC - that is ghetto. If I have learned nothing else, I have learned that the best partners in a fight can come from the most unlikely people and I have also learned that the best partners or alleys in a fight are those that you sit down, get to know them and then educate them. It sounds more like to me that Brown is just pissed because he had to work hard for what he got and it was considerably less than what Kobe got and much harder to get. It's not Kobe's fault though because he didn't have to go to college to get to the NBA and it's not Kobe's fault that he had guaranteed contracts when Jim Brown didn't in the NFL.

Time to get over it already. Before knocking Kobe to the ground, he should contact the guy and get to know him first - that's what some one with an education does and is supposed to be Kobe's elder
and none of these things has anything to do with the question Arsenio Hall asked

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Kobe what crime he committed. Hes the one that told the cops. Why would he do that?

Probably because he was dumbass 20 something year old who was scared that he was going to go to prison over consensual sex. It was a stupid, offhand comment and he shouldn't have done it.

What I find interesting is that Shaq has forgiven him and patched things up, but YOU still have a problem with it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe "dropping a dime", on Shaq was him basically making an off-hand comment to the cops saying "I guess I should do like Shaq and pay them to keep quiet.

Should Kobe have said that? Hell no. However, Shaq has clearly forgiven him and they have patched things up.

As for it costing Shaq his marriage? No. His marriage did end, but it was many years after Kobe said what he did. That's not to say that it wasn't at least part of what cost Shaq his marriage, but it clearly wasn't THE reason.

I also find it interesting that people are more upset with Kobe for saying something stupid, than with Shaq for cheating on his wife. I guess cheating on your wife is okay with some folks.

Kobe was pretty young when he made that comment - I expect he realized that he was about to get blackmailed - which he was and offered to buy them off quickly and get it over with. It's too bad that Shaq was never man enough to sit down with Kobe and educate him on things like that before it happened instead of always knocking him on his ass and telling him that He(Shaq) was the man and he(Kobe) wasn't - that's the problem when someone like Shaq is abusive to Kobe like he was - Sooner or later it bites you in the ass

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that asshole - Who the hell does he think he is anyway

This guy has "had harsh words" for more people than anyone I can think of. He's the most negative celebrity ever. What a shame.