• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Legend disses Kobe

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, once again, it is you who misses the point. Jim Brown never said anything about being a "good person". He very clearly stated that Kobe didn't understand the "culture in America" because he was raised in another country. It was also Brown who brought race into it when he mentioned the "summit of top black athletes" meeting with Ali and that if he had to do it today, he wouldn't invite Kobe.

Kobe was dead on when he mentions being a "Global African-American" (which is what today's athletes are) vs. being an "American African-American". He was also correct re: Dr. King and Mandela.

You are proof that hate makes one stupid.

He directly cited throwing Shaq under the bus, not how black Kobe was. Kobe's knowledge of the culture of the USA has nothing to do with his "blackness", it has to do with him not being a part of the USA culture, period.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He directly cited throwing Shaq under the bus, not how black Kobe was. Kobe's knowledge of the culture of the USA has nothing to do with his "blackness", it has to do with him not being a part of the USA culture, period.

But, he is part of USA culture. He didn't spend his whole youth in Italy.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haters know nothing except what third parties(see Jim Brown the wife beater and racist) quote about Kobe....and then spin it to serve their purpose.

But, he is part of USA culture. He didn't spend his whole youth in Italy

and being born and raised in Italy myself until age 11, I am as American as they come but I still have a fondness for my birth country. What Mr. Brown tries to allege is that because Kobe lived partially in another country it doesn't qualify him to be a full-fledge African American which is nonsense. And haters that adopt that same mentality go along for the ride without clearly analyzing it for their own benefit.

Props to Kobe for not dissing Mr. Brown and giving a proper and correct response! If Mr. Brown continues to speak from that side of his mouth it's obvious he's channeling a racist mindset. don't we have enough of it having a black President getting shafted by the white establishment??

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, he is part of USA culture. He didn't spend his whole youth in Italy.

I should have been more clear, I do not consider people who did not struggle part of the US culture, anybody born in to money or in private schools etc.

I am not saying you have to crawl out of the projects but he has lived his whole life on a completely different level. I am not sure that is what Brown meant but I doubt he was calling out Kobe's blackness.

Either way of the calculations*, Brown and I come up with the same opinion, Kobe would not be a good fit for a band of people who will have to stick together to fight injustices for the equality of all people.

How you get to an opinion is much more important than the opinion IMO but I do not know the inner workings of Browns brain, I am only left to interpret why he said what he said.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When has Jim Brown ever been about fighting injustices for the equality of all people? Wouldn't someone with global experience be more adept at doing such anyway?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider myself just as much a part of US culture as the next, even though I didn't grow up in poverty nor wealth. Your first sentence is an absolutely ludicrous thought process.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider myself just as much a part of US culture as the next, even though I didn't grow up in poverty nor wealth. Your first sentence is an absolutely ludicrous thought process.

If Paris Hilton and pop music is part of the culture do you really want to be a part of the culture?

A globe traveler would be a good start but then every thing else he does is spoiled rotten douche shit, so that kind of trumps his world experience. Not reposting all that, and this is about too he said she said BS for me today so off to the gym.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, I am surprised you have not heard of any player, ex player issues. Its quite known within NBA circles outside LA. Following article one example. Many have suffered Kobe's public attacks.

Kobe Bryant's Cheap Shots at Past Teammates Will Kill Current Lakers' Chemistry | Bleacher Report

I think Jim Brown's latest is just another example of that polarity. Kobe is a polarizing guy, and the recent events and the history shows that. Partly its because he is passionate, but part is he uses the press to air the dirty laundry.

people take notice.

Thats why I have said that it was bonehead for LA to attack Dwight's skills/committment not before the "please sign with us" begging phase but soon after.

So, you asked for evidence (I think you knew these other events), and here they are. Jim Brown seems to know the details too

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A globe traveler would be a good start but then every thing else he does is spoiled rotten douche shit, so that kind of trumps his world experience. Not reposting all that, and this is about too he said she said BS for me today so off to the gym.

Sure dude. All that charity work Kobe does is spoiled rotten douche shit. Quit being a hater.

Not really a he said/she said deal. Pretty clear what Brown was getting at.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah rule i kind of agree on that. anyways, merry xmas. I do believe Kobe will get you to the playoffs, and regardless of Gasols ankle issues, he will get healthy before the p-offs

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah rule i kind of agree on that. anyways, merry xmas. I do believe Kobe will get you to the playoffs, and regardless of Gasols ankle issues, he will get healthy before the p-offs

Merry Xmas to you too LogicMan :suds:

I believe Boston has a better chance to make the playoffs than the Lakers though. Lots of teams will be competing for those WC slots. I wouldn't be that disappointed if they don't considering they actually have a first round pick. It's more important now since the rebuild plans around Dwight got ruined.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant decide if I want the pick or the p-offs. Truthfully, they are wicked fun to watch, and I am loving Crawfords game