• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Legend disses Kobe

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week when he dismissed his surrounding players after they went 6-2 in their last 8? Just like Kobe will take time to gel it took them time to gel too.

as the leader of the team with 5 rings and MVP's, he's earned that right to speak up.....and in the last 5 games including the 2 L's with him, they've given up an avg of 109 pts; it would rank last in the league. The problem doesn't start with Kobe in or out of the lineup it's with their D allowing a bevvy of points in the paint and in runouts....it's much easier to run plays when you can defend or keep taking the ball out of the basket after inexcusable defensive lapses. The offense is just fine averaging over 103 pts per game.

Any astute bball fan would know that....but we are dealing with dumbshit haters here so it bears repeating.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as the leader of the team with 5 rings and MVP's, he's earned that right to speak up.....and in the last 5 games including the 2 L's with him, they've given up an avg of 109 pts; it would rank last in the league. The problem doesn't start with Kobe in or out of the lineup it's with their D allowing a bevvy of points in the paint and in runouts....it's much easier to run plays when you can defend or keep taking the ball out of the basket after inexcusable defensive lapses. The offense is just fine averaging over 103 pts per game.

Any astute bball fan would know that....but we are dealing with dumbshit haters here so it bears repeating.

Exactly & one of the reason they went 6-2 was because Jordan Farmar was running the 2nd squad before he went down, Kobe has actually played well trying to pass the ball to the younger guys, he has not hogged the ball so far in 2 games. Like you said the problem is their defense & it has been all year & 2nd Gasoft has been fucken pathetic along with the starting line up to start the games. I't s obvious these Letard fans are incomprehensible when it comes to knowing anything about basketball in the 1st place (TYPICAL BANDWAGON BITCHES) :sadbron:
:laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, because Kobe told on Shaq a decade ago, he is out of touch with African-American culture and could no way be a good representative of civil rights? That seems to be a bit of a stretch.

Kobe does a lot of charity work, a majority of which has to do with the homeless in Los Angeles. A lot of those homeless are African-Americans whom Kobe is trying to help rise above and improve their situations. Kobe has had big involvement in the Make-A-Wish being one of the athletes with the most wished granted.

Jim Brown isn't exactly the greatest character. He has actually served jail time and has been accused of assault several times.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, because Kobe told on Shaq a decade ago, he is out of touch with African-American culture and could no way be a good representative of civil rights? That seems to be a bit of a stretch.

Kobe does a lot of charity work, a majority of which has to do with the homeless in Los Angeles. A lot of those homeless are African-Americans whom Kobe is trying to help rise above and improve their situations. Kobe has had big involvement in the Make-A-Wish being one of the athletes with the most wished granted.

Jim Brown isn't exactly the greatest character. He has actually served jail time and has been accused of assault several times.

None of them are saints - and for some strange reason when you say Jim Brown - the word THUG comes to my minde. WORD

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ko
be does a lot of charity work, a majority of which has to do with the homeless in Los Angeles. A lot of those homeless are African-Americans whom Kobe is trying to help rise above and improve their situations. Kobe has had big involvement in the Make-A-Wish being one of the athletes with the most wished granted.

and for some unusual reason, this type of news, doesn't reach his critics/haters -- or maybe they don't own up to it because it would paint(God forbid), Kobe in a positive light.

Jim Brown wanted his 10 seconds of fame, always been an outspoken individual(good and bad), supported Malcolm X -- just sayin

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said the problem is their defense & it has been all year & 2nd Gasoft has been fucken pathetic along with the starting line up to start the games

and in most of his recent interviews, he's sounding like the baller whose best days are behind or is hiding an injury and won't fess up to it. Either way, he's playing like crap and has become a deficiency on D, on offense he's not going to his patented baby hooks, missing gimmies or putbacks, and his rebounding is lacking. When he professed before training camp began that he was close to 100% recovered from surgery it probably meant this is the best we'll see of him.

Buh bye Pau after this year(or might even be traded before deadline). If Hill had a more rounded offensive game, I'd start him.

How bad is Kaman's back that he's not been seen on the bench or in street clothes??

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kind of makes it seem like Kobe doesn't have any substantial impact on the success of the Lakers. If that's the case, I'm not sure why the Lakers would have extended Kobe's contract for that much. I guess external factors could recoup some of that money though. I guess, to me, there just isn't enough "reward" to having Kobe on the team for a few more years compared to the "risk" of money being tied up in his salary, and some perceived reluctance from others star to want to play with him.

It's not that I he doesn't or won't have substantial impact, it's about the talent around him, the injury he's coming back from and the conference the Lakers are in.

The talent around him suspect. Yes, they have 3 or 4 former 1st round picks on the team and maybe they will play to their perceived potential and enable the Lakers to make some noise, but given how deep the West is, I'm not holding my breath. This year is about seeing what Kobe has after the injury and seeing if any of the other guys will pan out for next year and the following year when the Lakers will be able to re-build.

As for Kobe's contract, they gave him more than I would have liked, but they will still have space for a max player and some solid FA's and it's only a 2 year deal.

As for perceived reluctance to play with Kobe, that's crap that certain posters on here have come up with because Dwight left. Dwight's problem was Dwight, not Kobe. Dwight thought he could come in with his zero rings and 1 finals appearance and tell someone with 5 rings and 7 finals appearances, how to win a title. The fact that he's already crying about touches in Houston says all that need be said about him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and in most of his recent interviews, he's sounding like the baller whose best days are behind or is hiding an injury and won't fess up to it. Either way, he's playing like crap and has become a deficiency on D, on offense he's not going to his patented baby hooks, missing gimmies or putbacks, and his rebounding is lacking. When he professed before training camp began that he was close to 100% recovered from surgery it probably meant this is the best we'll see of him.

Buh bye Pau after this year(or might even be traded before deadline). If Hill had a more rounded offensive game, I'd start him.

How bad is Kaman's back that he's not been seen on the bench or in street clothes??

Over the last 3 or 4 games, Stu Lantz has been mentioning an ankle issue with Pau. That may be what his problem has been.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in the mean time Kobe has responded to Mr Jim Brown and quite appropiately - I think Kobe had an interesting reponse in pointing out that a "Global African American shouldn't be considered an inferior person to an American African because of how he was raised and that was not something Dr King or Nelson Mandela would endorse.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe- I think Jim is himself a controversial character. That said, I have always felt as many of you know that the way LA and Kobe discarded Shaq was seen by others as non-loyal. The way LA (both the team, the veterans) trashed Dwight after his decision is also registered with many of these players. LA these days is a soap opera team culture. It was not always that way but current management emulates it. It was non value add and just foolish management style how the Dwight thing unfolded. Maybe Jim thinks Kobe should have stepped in on that pile and stopped it as well, or come to a bretherens aid, who knows. What cannot be denied is that Kobe is a great player, great, but he is also a polarizing figure. Perhaps Dwight was reminded by Shaq and others to be careful who you lie in bed with.

Team- BAM, your dead on, its simple. Play some defense. A team that is built to win a ring starts first with great defense. The offense can be adjusted, but the defense is about cultural committment

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way LA (both the team, the veterans) trashed Dwight after his decision is also registered with many of these players. LA these days is a soap opera team culture. It was not always that way but current management emulates it. It was non value add and just foolish management style how the Dwight thing unfolded.

Dwight Howard turned out to be a big pussy, look at all the Drama he caused in Orlando & then in LA, Players like Steve Nash who is a 2 time MVP offered his help to Dwight Howard on his free throws & he refused :L
Kobe who is a Champion tried to teach him to take the game seriously & have a winning mentality. Instead of Dwight Learning from great legends, he wanted to punk out from the responsibility even Kareem has the same perceptive on Dwight. Dwight deserved to get bashed...FACT!!!

Perhaps Dwight was reminded by Shaq and others to be careful who you lie in bed with.

If I recall didn't Shaq instead say that Dwight needed to go out there in that Laker uniform & avg 25 points a game & 15 reb in order to be a champion ?? I don't believe Shaq ever reminded Dwight to be careful who you lay with :L as matter of fact he hates Dwight.

_Xer0_

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kobe is an overrated fraud that has been carried by hall of fame bigs his entire career.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kobe is an overrated fraud that has been carried by hall of fame bigs his entire career.

What big (Hall of fame bigs) are you talking about ?? the only hall of famer was Shaq & both where the 2 best players in the world during the 3 peat, even though they had their difference they both have admitted to needing each other during their run. Learn your facts 1st before making an irrelevant comment.

Show me your facts or stats, that proves that Kobe was carried by bigs. From the looks of these stats it doesn't seem to me that Kobe got carried by any big the way you assume.

Nice try stupid :laugh3:

2000-01 Championship season
Reg. Season Averages
Kobe 28.5 PPG / 5.9 RB / 5 APG
Shaq 28.7 PPG / 12.7 RB / 3.7 APG
Playoff Averages
Kobe 29.4 PPG / 7.3 RB / 6.1 APG
Shaq 30.4 PPG / 15.4 RB / 3.2 APG

2001-02 Championship season
Reg. Season Averages
Kobe 25.2 PPG / 5.5 RB / 5.5 APG
Shaq 27.2 PPG / 10.7 RB / 3 APG
Playoff Averages
Kobe 26.6 PPG / 5.8 RB / 4.6 APG
Shaq 28.5 PPG / 12.6 RB / 2.8 APG

2002-03 season
Reg. Season Averages
Kobe 30 PPG / 6.9 RB / 5.9 APG
Shaq 27.5 PPG / 11.1 RB / 3.1 APG
Playoff Averages
Kobe 32.1 PPG / 5.1 RB / 5.2 APG
Shaq 27 PPG / 14.8 RB / 3.7 APG

2003-04 season
Reg. Season Averages
Kobe 24 PPG / 5.5 RB / 5.1 APG
Shaq 21.5 PPG / 11.5 RB / 2.9 APG
Playoff Averages
Kobe 24.5 PPG / 4.7 RB / 5.5 APG
Shaq 21.5 PPG / 13.2 RB / 2.5 AP

2000 Western Conference Finals Game 7
Kobe- 25pts, 11rbs, 7asts, 4blks
Shaq- 18pts, 9rbs, 5asts, 1blk

2001 Western Conference Semifinals
Kobe- 35ppg, 9rpg, 5apg
Shaq- 32ppg, 17rpg, 3apg

2001 Western Conference Finals
Kobe- 33ppg, 7rpg, 7apg
Shaq- 27ppg, 13rg, 2apg

2002 Western Conference 1rst round
Kobe- 27ppg, 6rpg, 5apg
Shaq- 25ppg, 11rpg, 3apg

2002 Western Conference Semifinals
Kobe- 27ppg, 5rpg, 5apg
Shaq- 21ppg, 12rpg, 2apg

2009 Western Conference Finals
Kobe- 34ppg, 6rpg, 5apg
Gasol- 17ppg, 12rpg, 3apg

2009 Nba Finals
Kobe- 32ppg, 6rpg, 7apg
Gasol- 18ppg, 9rpg, 2apg

2010 Western Conference Finals
Kobe- 33ppg, 7rpg, 8apg
Gasol- 19ppg, 7rpg, 3apg

2010 NBA Finals
Kobe- 29ppg, 8rpg, 4apg
Gasol- 18ppg, 11rpg, 3apg

Last edited by a moderator:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody can state Kobe is not the real deal. He is one of the best players of this generation. He is just a polarizing figure.

The same could be said about Lebron, but his polarization is with the fans, not other players.

I suspect people want to play with Lebron. I think he could pull off another situation like the Bosh/Wade thing once again ....... Dont put it past him. Many of us hate how he left Cleveland, but you cannot deny he is able to orchestrate deals and attract other players. He is reinventing that part of the NBA experience, good or bad

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody can state Kobe is not the real deal. He is one of the best players of this generation. He is just a polarizing figure.

The same could be said about Lebron, but his polarization is with the fans, not other players.

I suspect people want to play with Lebron. I think he could pull off another situation like the Bosh/Wade thing once again ....... Dont put it past him. Many of us hate how he left Cleveland, but you cannot deny he is able to orchestrate deals and attract other players. He is reinventing that part of the NBA experience, good or bad

You really need to either back up this "polarization" with other players or drop it. What other players around the league have said that they would have a problem playing with Kobe? I haven't heard one.

In fact, Dwight denied having a problem with Kobe. It was Kobe who came out and said that he and Dwight had a difference of opinion on how to best lead the team to a title. Dwight has blamed D'Antoni's system.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe played the race card when what Brown said had little to do with race, his tweet is really poor.

Lakers' Kobe Bryant was 'surprised' by comments from Jim Brown - CBSSports.com

His conversation on it is better but clearly he missed the point. The point was never about being "black enough" or what ever, it was about being a good person. Clearly Kobe lacks the ability to look him self in the mirror as a critical exercise. This translates to his playing as well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe played the race card when what Brown said had little to do with race, his tweet is really poor.

His conversation on it is better but clearly he missed the point. The point was never about being "black enough" or what ever, it was about being a good person. Clearly Kobe lacks the ability to look him self in the mirror as a critical exercise. This translates to his playing as well.

Actually, once again, it is you who misses the point. Jim Brown never said anything about being a "good person". He very clearly stated that Kobe didn't understand the "culture in America" because he was raised in another country. It was also Brown who brought race into it when he mentioned the "summit of top black athletes" meeting with Ali and that if he had to do it today, he wouldn't invite Kobe.

Kobe was dead on when he mentions being a "Global African-American" (which is what today's athletes are) vs. being an "American African-American". He was also correct re: Dr. King and Mandela.

You are proof that hate makes one stupid.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It very clearly had to with Kobe's "blackness" or lack thereof based on where he spent some of his younger years.