• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Head Coach Power Rankings

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7. Jim Harbaugh, San Francisco 49ers

This is high praise for the first-year boy wonder. The memory of Harbaugh running around Texas Stadium with his helmet after leading the 3-0 Colts to an upset road win is burned in my memory -- that exuberance was released again and again in 2011, as the 48-year old rookie head coach turned around the 49ers, who hadn't made the playoffs since 2002 before last season.

NFL Head Coach Power Rankings | NFL.com

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Since it ranks their body of work as well I would say it's a fair ranking.

If it was a "what have you done for me lately" than I would rank Harbaugh no lower than 3.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harbaugh (Jim of course) is # 1 to me!

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how Rex Ryan is ranked above Whisenhunt, Lovie Smith and Mike Shannahan. Ryan is a toolbag who hasn't led his team to a 10-win season, or a SB. Shannahan won two (granted, with Elway, but still).

I honestly don't see how Ryan ranks 10 and Norv Turner ranks 18. They're essentially the same coach.

And how is Joe Philbin ranked above or below anybody? He hasn't coached a single game yet. Maybe he was the key to Green Bay's SB run. Shouldn't that at least put him above Rex Ryan?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't see how Rex Ryan is ranked above Whisenhunt, Lovie Smith and Mike Shannahan. Ryan is a toolbag who hasn't led his team to a 10-win season, or a SB. Shannahan won two (granted, with Elway, but still).

I honestly don't see how Ryan ranks 10 and Norv Turner ranks 18. They're essentially the same coach.

And how is Joe Philbin ranked above or below anybody? He hasn't coached a single game yet. Maybe he was the key to Green Bay's SB run. Shouldn't that at least put him above Rex Ryan?

I think he's ranked too high but he did take his team to the AFC Championship two years in a row 2 out of his 3 years as coach so I can buy an argument he's ahead of Whisenhunt and Shannahan but not above Smith.

Whisenhunt had that one good season with Warner in that Super Bowl run and really haven't done jack since and we're talking about when the NFC West was at the height of it's suckage. Off hand I don't think any of his teams has one more than 10 wins but don't quote me on that.

Shannahan hasn't done anything in years with the Broncos and with the Redskins so I can't see putting him ahead of Ryan at this point either.

Lovie Smith deserves to be higher than him because he's done more recently like being in the NFC championship game just two seasons ago and if Cutler was fully healthy last season I thought the Bears had a good chance of being a playoff team.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Da Bears were a playoff team until Cutler was injured. Forte's injury seeped the season but it did start promising.
Lovie def belongs above Ryan, but he's also been on the hot seat a lot in Chicago, which may be why...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Norv Turner has no business being in the top-20. His team perennially under-performs. He's a great OC, but a terrible HC.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim > John

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%, but John's a pretty great coach too IMO.

Agreed, but if we're talking about a pure football coach, I'm taking Jim every time. IMO, he has a better football mind that his older brother John. Not trying to say that in a bad way either.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much too subjective to have any value in my opinion.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jim > John

Agreed

But since the list was taking in consideration body of work as well I would have to give the nod to John over Jim at the moment.

I expect Jim to be considered the number 1 coach though in the near future. I mean you could easily make the argument that he was the best coach last season.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed

But since the list was taking in consideration body of work as well I would have to give the nod to John over Jim at the moment.

I expect Jim to be considered the number 1 coach though in the near future. I mean you could easily make the argument that he was the best coach last season.

Jim was HCOY which trumps anything this hack has to say.