• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He fits the type of lineman Cable like, big, hulking types. Dang I was hoping last year opened the Seahawks eyes and they would look at a lineman with good pass blocking technique.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Tony Pauline mentions that OSU TE Nick Vannett met with the Eagles, 49ers, Broncos, Seahawks, Falcons and Jets.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft looks like a good one to go heavy OL. Lots of OL that seem like great athletes in this draft. No one looks like a superstar, but just tons of promising, tackles guards and centers, the most promising LT types are going in the first, but Seahawks should be able to find good upgrades at guards and centers in rounds 2 on down.

My ideal senerio is they sign Okung without being committed to him over 3 years, 2 would be better. Then restock this OL. They are going want a DL, if they want him to be a pass rusher going have to do it no later then 3rd round, think 2nd round would be the time to pick one. Also will pick a LB and more help for the secondary, they've had luck finding these positions later in the draft.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ideal would look something like this:

1 - Taylor Decker, OT Ohio State
2 - Deion Jones, OLB LSU
3 - Connor McGovern, G Missouri
3 - C.J. Prosise, RB Notre Dame
4 - Hassan Ridgeway, DT Texas
5 - Jayron Kearse, S Clemson
6 - Deiondre Hall, CB Northern Illinois
7 - LaQuan McGowen, OG Baylor
7 - Dom Williams, WR Washington State

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 - Deion Jones, OLB LSU

Not familiar with all of these players, but absolutely love your first 3 picks.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not familiar with all of these players, but absolutely love your first 3 picks.

Prosise was a DB and WR before moving to RB this past season (out of necessity). He's a big back (220 LBs) who loves contact and has the hands of a WR. He runs a little high - and is a little short on the experience, but I really like the skills he brings, and the rest can be taught.

Ridgeway is a run stopper from Texas. He doesn't have a huge range, but he'll stuff up the middle like we like against the run.

Jayron Kearse (nephew of Javon Kearse) is a big SS out of Clemson, almost as big as Cam. Not the huge hitter that Cam is (was?) but is a better cover guy/ball hawk than Cam is. Needs a little seasoning, but he could be a good fit to cut his teeth on ST and learn the position in case Cam isn't here for much longer after this season.

Deiondre Hall is a big corner who has some good skill at press. He may be a long shot for us to take, due to his inconcistency even at the lower levels of competition, but by the 6th most potentially starting players are gone - and I am not the Seahawks scouting department - so my track record of getting a late round DB correct is still limited to Richard Sherman

LaQuan McGowen made the list due to his enormous size. Dude is nearly 450 pounds. I would just like to see someone give him a shot, I don't like his chances though (maybe we could convert him to FB!)

Dom Williams was Washington State's burner. He's 6'2" and has good speed (clocked in the 4.3 range during the WSU pro day). His production will be discounted due to Leach's offense, but the kid could be a solid late round/FA find for someone.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 - Deion Jones, OLB LSU

A couple others I like Graham Glasgow ( to play center) and at LB Darron Lee, Travis Feeney.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prosise was a DB and WR before moving to RB this past season (out of necessity). He's a big back (220 LBs) who loves contact and has the hands of a WR. He runs a little high - and is a little short on the experience, but I really like the skills he brings, and the rest can be taught.

Ridgeway is a run stopper from Texas. He doesn't have a huge range, but he'll stuff up the middle like we like against the run.

Jayron Kearse (nephew of Javon Kearse) is a big SS out of Clemson, almost as big as Cam. Not the huge hitter that Cam is (was?) but is a better cover guy/ball hawk than Cam is. Needs a little seasoning, but he could be a good fit to cut his teeth on ST and learn the position in case Cam isn't here for much longer after this season.

Deiondre Hall is a big corner who has some good skill at press. He may be a long shot for us to take, due to his inconcistency even at the lower levels of competition, but by the 6th most potentially starting players are gone - and I am not the Seahawks scouting department - so my track record of getting a late round DB correct is still limited to Richard Sherman

LaQuan McGowen made the list due to his enormous size. Dude is nearly 450 pounds. I would just like to see someone give him a shot, I don't like his chances though (maybe we could convert him to FB!)

Dom Williams was Washington State's burner. He's 6'2" and has good speed (clocked in the 4.3 range during the WSU pro day). His production will be discounted due to Leach's offense, but the kid could be a solid late round/FA find for someone.

Putting in as a DT in short yardage situtions. Nobody moving him.:D

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had thought DT, but felt FB was a little more comical. I can't imaging him getting stood up in the hole on a lead block - now whether he's small enough to get into the hole to begin with is another matter completely.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 - Deion Jones, OLB LSU

I'd love to have Dom Williams! I think he could make this team as a #5 or #6... especially as a project... He has potential to be a solid WR coming off the bench

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, I forgot he was a TE in college (at 405 pounds). He's just projected to be a G - but I guess we could use him as a blocking TE.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor

SHAWN OAKMAN, DE
SCHOOL: BAYLOR | CONFERENCE: BIG12
COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: SENIOR | HOMETOWN: LANSDOWNE, PA
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-8 / 269 LBS.
PROJECTED RANKING
OVERALL POSITION PROJ. RND.
98................. 10 .........3

PLAYER OVERVIEW
A freakish specimen on the hoof, Oakman is just scratching the surface of who he can be as a football player. He started his collegiate career at Penn State, but several off-field issues and poor academics led to his dismissal by then head coach Bill O'Brien.
Tabbed as angry and troubled, but not a bad kid, Oakman transferred to Baylor, sitting out the 2012 season and played a part-time role in 2013, finishing among the Big 12 leaders in tackles for loss (12.5).
He emerged as a force in 2014, registering a whopping 19.5 tackles for loss to go with 11 sacks, three pass breakups, three passes defensed, three forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries. Oakman considering making the leap to the NFL before deciding to return to Waco for his senior season.

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES
STRENGTHS: With a physique that makes scouts gush, Oakman certainly passes the eyeball test with his tall, chiseled frame, branch-like length and body thickness to overwhelm blockers at the point of attack.
Oakman is balanced and flexible for his body type, playing comfortable on his feet when asked to drop and cover flat responsibilities. He is heavy-handed with muscles on his muscles, using his long arms to jolt and drive blockers backwards.

WEAKNESSES: Oakman has steadily progressed the last few seasons with added reps, but he isn't yet the sum of his parts. His pad level will always be an issue due to his height and his pass rush arsenal is very rudimentary right now.
Oakman tends to slow and be a nonfactor once his initial moves stall, struggling to shorten his path to the pocket. He doesn't consistently generate power from his lower half or convert his quick first step to power.

IN OUR VIEW: A freakish specimen on the hoof, Oakman physically has the look of a future high draft pick, but his development as a senior in 2015 will ultimately determine whether he's a top pick or not.

--Dane Brugler (5/18/15)

Interesting highlight video - but someone may remember that in a 3 minute video, it shouldn't take a minute before the highlights start.

GERMAIN IFEDI, OT
SCHOOL: TEXAS A&M | CONFERENCE: SEC
COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: JUNIOR | HOMETOWN: HOUSTON, TX
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-6 / 324 LBS.
PROJECTED RANKING
51 7 2

PLAYER OVERVIEW
A three-year starter in College Station, Ifedi started his career at guard before moving outside to right tackle where he started the past two seasons.

He was considered the next in line of Texas A&M left tackles destined for the NFL Draft's first round (2013: Luke Joeckel; 2014: Jake Matthews; 2015: Cedric Ogbuehi), but struggled to make the transition to the left side and showed more flashes than consistency for the Aggies.

Ifedi opted to return to College Station for his junior season after weighing the NFL at the end of his redshirt sophomore season and receiving a second round grade from the advisory committee. He was the team's most experienced offensive player as a redshirt junior (24 starts) and was second-team All-SEC in 2015.

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES

STRENGTHS:
Built well for the NFL with a wide base and broad shoulders, making it a chore for rushers to get around him. Stout and tough to move, rarely put on his heels.

Light lower body, moving well laterally to cut off speed and seal. Quick feet to set up shop and mirror in space. Nice job with angles to wall of run lanes. Vines for arms, using his reach to absorb rushers and create separation between him and defenders. Aggressive in protection with the upper-body strength to control blocks.

Three-year starter with experience at both tackle and guard (37 career starts).

WEAKNESSES: Wide stance, but allows his base to narrow due to sloppy footwork. Retreats too much off the snap and gets lazy with his feet. Heavy leaner with a bad habit of lunging at the waist in his pass-sets.

Tall pad level and plays with hip tightness, struggling to bend consistently at his knees. Late and wild hands, allowing rushers to attack his body and jolt him. Unreliable mechanics and poor hand placement, hugging defenders.

Needs to improve his focus to eliminate false start penalties. Tends to get complacent, falling asleep at the wheel. Missed two games his sophomore season due to a grade two MCL knee sprain (Nov. 2014).

IN OUR VIEW: Ifedi has first-round quality feet with excellent range in pass protection for his size, but plays too messy from the waist up and needs aggressive coaching in the NFL. Although his chaotic technique leads to balance issues, he can be as good as he wants if his discipline improves and his lower body traits for a blocker his size will get him drafted in the top 100 picks.

--Dane Brugler (1/25/16)

PLAYER LOWDOWN
COMBINE RESULTS
40 YD 20 YD 10 YD 225 BENCH VERTICAL JUMP BROAD SHUTTLE 3-CONE DRILL
5.27 - ------------------ 24 ------------------------- 9'1"------ 4.75 -

Seahawks interested in these guys because they pay attention to SLA (size, length,athleticism) I found a list that I'll post on these type of measurements.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHAQ LAWSON, DE
SCHOOL: CLEMSON | CONFERENCE: ACC
COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: JUNIOR | HOMETOWN: CENTRAL, SC
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-3 / 269 LBS.
PROJECTED RANKING
13 3 1

PLAYER OVERVIEW
Lawson entered the 2015 season with more buzz than production, but officially broke out as a junior with an FBS-leading 24.5 tackles for loss and 12.5 sacks and now projects as a top 20 pick.

"this #90 is a difference-maker!," an AFC scout message NFLDraftScout.com's Dane Brugler while watching Lawson work against Notre Dame's highly-touted left tackle Ronnie Stanley in October. Lawson finished the game with seven tackles, including 3.5 of those stops for loss, beating Stanley with quickness and power.

Lawson announced on Dec. 8 that he planned to enter the NFL Draft following the College Football Playoff.

"I'm going to declare for the draft," Lawson said. "I sat down with my family, sat down with the support staff at Clemson. I enjoyed being at Clemson, but it's time. I'm ready for the next level."

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES
STRENGTHS: Lawson's compact frame and power make him equally effective against the run and the pass, where he shows surprising initial quickness and agility as well as a terrific motor. He has quick, strong hands to create push with his upper-body strength, showing the fluid lower body to drive his legs and smoothly change directions based on his reads.

Lawson is terrific leveraging blocks off the edge, using an iron shoulder and natural body flexibility to dictate his path and beat single blocks. Does a nice job setting the edge and playing contain, working off his blocks to the outside and finishing in space.

WEAKNESSES: Lawson needs to do a better job with his recoil to reset and react to inside runs.

COMPARES TO: Pernell McPhee, Chicago Bears - Like McPhee, Lawson lacks ideal height and length, but both are well built with violent hands, ball awareness and versatility. Only one season as a starter.

IN OUR VIEW: Lawson's heavy hands allow him to stack and hold his side of the line of scrimmage. He is a power player with the lower body athleticism to be equally dominant against the run and the pass, putting his draft value in the early rounds.

--Dane Brugler/Rob Rang (1/11/16)

PLAYER LOWDOWN
COMBINE RESULTS
40 YD 20 YD 10 YD 225 BENCH VERTICAL JUMP BROAD SHUTTLE 3-CONE DRILL
4.70 - - - - - - -

This guy would be a nice fit on the Seahawks. Most likely get picked before the Seahawks make a pick though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A value chart for trades up or down.

Screenshot%20-%203_23_2016%20%205_00_21%20PM.png

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="#Colts hashtag on Twitter">#Colts</a> &amp; <a href="News about #Seahawks on Twitter">#Seahawks</a> are putting Evan Boehm &amp; Connor McGovern through O-Line drills <a href="Brandon Kiley on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/fxvW1pDRIV</a></p>&mdash; Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) <a href="">March 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>