• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting highlight video - but someone may remember that in a 3 minute video, it shouldn't take a minute before the highlights start.
From what I See as a Disadventage is he uses his height. Bigger OL could neglect that

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I See as a Disadventage is he uses his height. Bigger OL could neglect that

I have to wonder that if Seattle is asking him to bulk up, then would they be looking to move him inside?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't done any research so i'll just post positions I think we need.

1. OT
2. DT
3. CB
4. LB
5. BPA the rest of the draft.
I would definitely agree on a lineman. Almost always a good pick, especially when I think we have pretty much everything else nailed on O. Counting both lines, we have 4 starters right now who are UFAs. Definitely going to see some turnover in the trenches this off-season.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LEONTE CARROO, WR
SCHOOL: RUTGERS | CONFERENCE: BIG10
COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: SENIOR | HOMETOWN: EDISON, NJ
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-0 / 217 LBS.
PROJECTED RANKING
OVERALL POSITION PROJ. RND.
90 ................12 ........ 3

PLAYER OVERVIEW
In his first season as a starter in 2014, Carroo finished near the top of every receiving category in the Big Ten, including catches (55), receiving yards (1,086), touchdown grabs (10) and yards per catch (19.7). Despite streaky quarterback play for the Scarlet Knights, he became the sixth player in school history to eclipse the 1,000-yard receiving mark and earned First Team All-Big Ten honors.

STRENGTHS: Solidly built with firm muscle definition for his frame. He displays terrific athleticism and body control to be a threat all over the field, changing gears well with vision to weave through defenses. Carroo understands how to fool defensive backs in his routes, using timing to bait and get the hips of defenders turned in his breaks.
He also made an impact on special teams last season with a block on punt coverage.

WEAKNESSES: Only ordinary height and length. Arrested and charged Sept. 12 with simple assault under domestic violence and suspended indefinitely by the program.
IN OUR VIEW: Carroo won't be a workout warrior during the pre-draft process, but his film speaks volumes and is the reason he's a top-five senior wide receiver prospect for the 2016 class, pending the outcome of his legal situation.

--Dane Brugler (9/15/15)

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely agree on a lineman. Almost always a good pick, especially when I think we have pretty much everything else nailed on O. Counting both lines, we have 4 starters right now who are UFAs. Definitely going to see some turnover in the trenches this off-season.

I have this feeling that PC/JS are going to make a splash in FA in picking up a solid lineman on the offensive side, plus maybe adding another high pick to the o-line. I really don't know but i'm excited about this offseason and what changes come about and who they do resign as well.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Taylor Decker, OT out of Ohio State... I would be ecstatic if we could land him w/ our 1st pick...

More I read about Decker the better I like the idea of the Seahawks drafting him. Think they'll have to move up some in round one to get him though.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More I read about Decker the better I like the idea of the Seahawks drafting him. Think they'll have to move up some in round one to get him though.

I've seen a lot of mocks that like him for us - but a few are looking at him in the mid teens. If he falls to us, I think we may just pounce - but if we have to move up 10+ spots I doubt the Hawks make that move and just fill another need - like Eli Apple, CB. Though this can all change with who we re-sign and how the combine goes.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a lot of mocks that like him for us - but a few are looking at him in the mid teens. If he falls to us, I think we may just pounce - but if we have to move up 10+ spots I doubt the Hawks make that move and just fill another need - like Eli Apple, CB. Though this can all change with who we re-sign and how the combine goes.
If they pick any position other then OT in round one, I'm going to be very disappointed. Naturally they'll pick some position or player that will make me go like :doh:.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they pick any position other then OT in round one, I'm going to be very disappointed. Naturally they'll pick some position or player that will make me go like :doh:.

IDK how high a priority drafting OL in the first round is. TBH - the Hawks could be looking at getting some continuity by bringing back our FAs, or they could plan to bring along the young players that are already under control. Personally, I would rather draft LT - but I wouldn't be surprised if as many as the top 5 will already be off the board before the Hawks select. CB is another need (if Lane and or Shead are not retained) or even OLB. They could also be looking at DL (both Mebane and Ruben may need replaced) or even try and replace Kearse with the idea that the passing game will become more important and will need more weapons. Who knows, but right now, about the only first round talent I wouldn't be looking at is QB.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have a lot of picks so it wouldn't surprise me if we moved up this year...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a lot of picks so it wouldn't surprise me if we moved up this year...

It's possible, but they've never really been inclined to move up in the first. Hell, they're more likely to trade the first round pick to someone for a player than to actually move up.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pass rusher with freakish size, an impressive college highlight reel, but questions about technical skill?

You guys remember Aaron Curry, right?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pass rusher with freakish size, an impressive college highlight reel, but questions about technical skill?

You guys remember Aaron Curry, right?
That could probably describe Bruce Irvin just as well.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible, but they've never really been inclined to move up in the first. Hell, they're more likely to trade the first round pick to someone for a player than to actually move up.

True but most of us were surprised they moved up in the 2nd last year so anything can happen w/ this regime... They've traded away multiple 1st's as well since Schneider's been here as well, which is why it wouldn't surprise me this time around if they traded up in the 1st at any given year for someone they covet...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but most of us were surprised they moved up in the 2nd last year so anything can happen w/ this regime... They've traded away multiple 1st's as well since Schneider's been here as well, which is why it wouldn't surprise me this time around if they traded up in the 1st at any given year for someone they covet...

Yeah, the move up in the 3rd for Lockett was a surprise - but I guess we've seen him as a rare talent - that probably shouldn't have made it that far. I don't think it's a big stretch to see them move up at that point though - it's just the first round that I'm not sure about - especially if they're looking to move up 10+ spaces.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could probably describe Bruce Irvin just as well.

Curry never showed he could rush the passer in college. It was explained away at the time that his school didn't ask him to.

Irvin, on the other hand, put up good pass rushing numbers at WVU.