• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they pick any position other then OT in round one, I'm going to be very disappointed. Naturally they'll pick some position or player that will make me go like :doh:.

I'd be surprised if they don't address the line heavily in free agency, leaving their first round pick for bpa.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry never showed he could rush the passer in college. It was explained away at the time that his school didn't ask him to.

Irvin, on the other hand, put up good pass rushing numbers at WVU.

Agreed. Curry never showed the ability to rush the passer, he was way too rigid to get around the corner. He was very fast and could drop in to coverage at WF. His skill set was Derrick Brooks, but his IQ was Forrest Gump.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry never showed he could rush the passer in college. It was explained away at the time that his school didn't ask him to.

Irvin, on the other hand, put up good pass rushing numbers at WVU.
No argument. My point was that if you making things vague enough, it's hard to be wrong.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pass rusher with freakish size, an impressive college highlight reel, but questions about technical skill?

You guys remember Aaron Curry, right?

:puke: That name brings back memories. :L

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper (I know) has Seattle currently taking Robert Nkemdiche, DT/DE out of Ole Miss. I'm actually finding I don't hate this pick (if it were to happen). He's supposed to be a top 10 talent, who should drop due to off field issues. Sometimes that is a problem in the NFL, sometimes not, but our top 2 DTs are FAs and will both be over 30 next year.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy gregory suspended 4 games, wonder if that might make teams think twice before taking talented but troubled players. Nkemdiche looks nasty, id take him.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we went DT, I think I'd rather draft DT, Sheldon Rankins out of Louisville... The athleticism he has as a 300lb athlete is incredible.. Not sure I'd like to go with the risky pick Kiper jr suggested... I don't think we can afford to at this time imo... Our nucleus on the defensive side of the ball is aging and getting dinged up... Rankins is a sure thing w/out any baggage... Perfect rotational type of player, especially via the pass...

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nkemdiche looks like he could be dominant though and too good to pass up if he falls to us. his crime is marijuana possession which is a potential problem if he ever tests positive. just dont test positive at the combine like the idiot randy gregory.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we went DT, I think I'd rather draft DT, Sheldon Rankins out of Louisville... The athleticism he has as a 300lb athlete is incredible.. Not sure I'd like to go with the risky pick Kiper jr suggested... I don't think we can afford to at this time imo... Our nucleus on the defensive side of the ball is aging and getting dinged up... Rankins is a sure thing w/out any baggage... Perfect rotational type of player, especially via the pass...

Rankins would be a great pick, but would he be available at pick 26?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nkemdiche looks like he could be dominant though and too good to pass up if he falls to us. his crime is marijuana possession which is a potential problem if he ever tests positive. just dont test positive at the combine like the idiot randy gregory.
IDK, a under achiever who's suppose to have a very strange personality. Sounds like a headache.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interior line help is needed. But with Mebane and Rubin being free agents, the onus may be on finding early down run suffers rather than pass rushers.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interior line help is needed. But with Mebane and Rubin being free agents, the onus may be on finding early down run suffers rather than pass rushers.
I think Rubin gets resigned. Even if he isn't and the Seahawks need a run stuffer, I would guess they would address that in the late rounds of the draft, if not in The FA market.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, the Super Bowl proved the best D usually beats the best O.
I expect a continued focus on the D side of the ball.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rankins would be a great pick, but would he be available at pick 26?

A couple of early mocks I saw had Rankins going to the Hawks. Other mocks I saw had Seattle taking D-Line and not too much on the O-line which makes me wonder if their going to address the o-line through resigning players and FA. These mocks are all crap shoots but fun to read other peoples opinions.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of early mocks I saw had Rankins going to the Hawks. Other mocks I saw had Seattle taking D-Line and not too much on the O-line which makes me wonder if their going to address the o-line through resigning players and FA. These mocks are all crap shoots but fun to read other peoples opinions.

It does seem like most mock have the Seahawks picking a DL. Not sure why, obviously having both Rubin and Mabane as free agents is one reason, but the Seahawks have 3 FA on the OL, so :noidea:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does seem like most mock have the Seahawks picking a DL. Not sure why, obviously having both Rubin and Mabane as free agents is one reason, but the Seahawks have 3 FA on the OL, so :noidea:

Some weeks back it seemed like PC and the FO are tired of the o-line debacle and it looks like FA is what they want to do to build it back up. Not saying they won't address it in the draft, but experience line help is what they want. That's my guess as to why the mocks keep having them select a d-linemen.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some weeks back it seemed like PC and the FO are tired of the o-line debacle and it looks like FA is what they want to do to build it back up. Not saying they won't address it in the draft, but experience line help is what they want. That's my guess as to why the mocks keep having them select a d-linemen.
If that is the way they fix the OL that's fine, but the Seahawks really don't have a ton of cap space so I think the draft will have to be part of the solution.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is the way they fix the OL that's fine, but the Seahawks really don't have a ton of cap space so I think the draft will have to be part of the solution.

No doubt they address the o-line in the draft. I'll take a guess and say they resign sweezy and then go after 1 big FA o-line guy. Have this feeling Okung is no longer in the equation.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt they address the o-line in the draft. I'll take a guess and say they resign sweezy and then go after 1 big FA o-line guy. Have this feeling Okung is no longer in the equation.
Maybe, but the Seahawks have a very promising back up behind Sweezy, in fact the one game Glowinski started in, he looked better then Sweezy ever has. So I'm not so sure Sweezy will be back. I'm anxious to see what the Seahawks do with the OL this off season. Replacing a LT will not be easy or cheap IMO, may mean using there first pick in the draft plus a cheaper vet. Or maybe they resign Okung and draft a back up:noidea:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but the Seahawks have a very promising back up behind Sweezy, in fact the one game Glowinski started in, he looked better then Sweezy ever has. So I'm not so sure Sweezy will be back. I'm anxious to see what the Seahawks do with the OL this off season. Replacing a LT will not be easy or cheap IMO, may mean using there first pick in the draft plus a cheaper vet. Or maybe they resign Okung and draft a back up:noidea:

Does sound like the interest in Sweezy from around the league is high, so it might be too much money to keep him around. I do hope Glowinski pans out cause we need stability. If Sweezy goes, then yes I say go after Okung and if both go then hit up FA to get one replaced.