• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Seattle will be most likely picking #25 in the first round. Early projections of who I think they will/should take:

1) Shon Coleman, OT Auburn

2) Leonard Floyd, LB Georgia

3) Eli Apple, CB Ohio State

4) Jarran Reed, DT Alabama

5) Hunter Henry, TE Alabama

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Taylor Decker, OT out of Ohio State... I would be ecstatic if we could land him w/ our 1st pick...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Taylor Decker, OT out of Ohio State... I would be ecstatic if we could land him w/ our 1st pick...

Early projections I have seen have him gone long before us, but who knows where it'll change over the next few months.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT, DT, DT, OT, should be our draft. Willing to give our O-Line a a pass considering 3 new starters at new positions this season. That said, our pass rush up the middle was terrible. I want FULL on interior D-Line/LBER this draft. Supplement with O-Line which is quite easy to find via free agency.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to trade up for a stud, we have been picking too low or not at all in the first round for too many years.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KeiVarae Russell, CB, Notre Dame

this might be a homer for my school (go irish) but what about him in the later rounds. He is a local kid as well

Nothing wrong with homer picks - Turbin and Wagner were mine.

Injuries may be a concern. I don't normally mind - but we've gone with the injury prone high talent guys and then never really saw them excel like they were supposed to (Williams, Simon, Richardson, etc.). I haven't gotten into my film watching mode for the prospects, so that's about all I can say about him at the moment.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know that? He's been projected for the most part between 15-26 in the 1st round...

Lowest early mocks I've seen have him going #19, and OTs tend to move up the board as the process goes along. If he drops, then there needs to be consideration as to why that happened. Besides, with the way PC and company go at the draft - the Hawks are just as likely to draft Willie Beavers from Western Michigan @ 25 as anyone else. :)

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we need to select a LT with our 1st pick, we should be and good position to pick BPA.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't done any research so i'll just post positions I think we need.

1. OT
2. DT
3. CB
4. LB
5. BPA the rest of the draft.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowest early mocks I've seen have him going #19, and OTs tend to move up the board as the process goes along. If he drops, then there needs to be consideration as to why that happened.

This Mock has him going to us...

He still has to improve in a few areas like his angles in the run game could be straighter and he could play a bit lower. He seems stiff at times, while having a tendency to stand to straight up while exposing his chest. He has trouble keeping up when asked to move a block parallel to the LOS... Leans to far forward at times... Needs to do a better job taking the momentum of the defender out of the play... With that said, he may not make a very good LT... His spot in the NFL could be at RT and he could be a very good RT... With his LT opportunity NFL having a little doubt, this is why I think he could drop to us... I like his chances on this team if Cable was still our coach because I think he could do some pretty cool things with Taylor whether it's at LT or RT...

Besides, with the way PC and company go at the draft - the Hawks are just as likely to draft Willie Beavers from Western Michigan @ 25 as anyone else. :)

That could definitely be the case... They always seem to have a diamond in the ruff somewhere...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't gotten to walterfootball. That site is one of my least favorite sites, so I generally get to them last. And since I won't start my college football prospect stuff until after the Super Bowl. I'll watch whatever film I can on the guy - and many others.

My crack about PC and Beavers is that Beavers is supposed to be a 3rd round talent - and so that's about what PC would draft in the 1st. Seattle is always the hardest team for me to predict, and 2012 was the only year I've gotten multiple picks correct. Whoever they take needs to contribute positively much faster than Carpenter did (about the same spot as we'll be picking now).

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't gotten to walterfootball. That site is one of my least favorite sites, so I generally get to them last. And since I won't start my college football prospect stuff until after the Super Bowl. I'll watch whatever film I can on the guy - and many others.

My crack about PC and Beavers is that Beavers is supposed to be a 3rd round talent - and so that's about what PC would draft in the 1st. Seattle is always the hardest team for me to predict, and 2012 was the only year I've gotten multiple picks correct. Whoever they take needs to contribute positively much faster than Carpenter did (about the same spot as we'll be picking now).

walterfootball is usually horribly wrong but I like their write-ups on guys. They don't take themselves too seriously but they do know the teams needs and the research on players is good.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor

SHAWN OAKMAN, DE
SCHOOL: BAYLOR | CONFERENCE: BIG12
COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: SENIOR | HOMETOWN: LANSDOWNE, PA
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-8 / 269 LBS.
PROJECTED RANKING
OVERALL POSITION PROJ. RND.
98................. 10 .........3

PLAYER OVERVIEW
A freakish specimen on the hoof, Oakman is just scratching the surface of who he can be as a football player. He started his collegiate career at Penn State, but several off-field issues and poor academics led to his dismissal by then head coach Bill O'Brien.
Tabbed as angry and troubled, but not a bad kid, Oakman transferred to Baylor, sitting out the 2012 season and played a part-time role in 2013, finishing among the Big 12 leaders in tackles for loss (12.5).
He emerged as a force in 2014, registering a whopping 19.5 tackles for loss to go with 11 sacks, three pass breakups, three passes defensed, three forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries. Oakman considering making the leap to the NFL before deciding to return to Waco for his senior season.

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES
STRENGTHS: With a physique that makes scouts gush, Oakman certainly passes the eyeball test with his tall, chiseled frame, branch-like length and body thickness to overwhelm blockers at the point of attack.
Oakman is balanced and flexible for his body type, playing comfortable on his feet when asked to drop and cover flat responsibilities. He is heavy-handed with muscles on his muscles, using his long arms to jolt and drive blockers backwards.

WEAKNESSES: Oakman has steadily progressed the last few seasons with added reps, but he isn't yet the sum of his parts. His pad level will always be an issue due to his height and his pass rush arsenal is very rudimentary right now.
Oakman tends to slow and be a nonfactor once his initial moves stall, struggling to shorten his path to the pocket. He doesn't consistently generate power from his lower half or convert his quick first step to power.

IN OUR VIEW: A freakish specimen on the hoof, Oakman physically has the look of a future high draft pick, but his development as a senior in 2015 will ultimately determine whether he's a top pick or not.

--Dane Brugler (5/18/15)

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks could have 9 picks in 2016 NFL Draft

By Brady Henderson, 710 ESPN Seattle | January 25, 2016 @ 1:22 pm
620x370_cropped General manager John Schneider and the Seahawks are projected to get three compensatory draft picks. (AP)
The Seahawks might have a number of holes to fill this offseason with seven starters and 10 other players set to become unrestricted free agents.

They'll have the ammunition to do so with plenty of draft capital.

Seattle could have nine selections in the NFL Draft if the team is awarded three compensatory picks. Those won't be announced until the owners' meetings in March, but the website OverTheCap.com – which is usually accurate in its forecasts – projects the Seahawks to receive three of them: a third-, fifth- and sixth-round pick.

Compensatory selections are given to teams based on net losses in free agency from the year before. Seattle's free-agent losses included cornerback Byron Maxwell, guard James Carpenter, linebacker Malcolm Smith, defensive end O'Brien Schofield, safety Jeron Johnson and tight end Tony Moeaki. The only free agent they signed that will count against their compensatory-pick total is defensive tackle Ahtyba Rubin.

Cornerback Cary Williams was released by Philadelphia before he signed with Seattle and therefore won't factor into the equation. Neither will defensive tackle Kevin Williams as he signed with New Orleans after the May 12 deadline, when newly-signed unrestricted free agents no longer counted toward their new or old team's compensatory total.

OverTheCap.com projects Seattle to receive a third-round pick as compensation for Maxwell, a fifth for Carpenter and a sixth for Smith. That would give Seattle a combined four picks in the first three rounds.

Seattle is expected to have six non-compensatory selections, including the 26th overall pick. The Seahawks have their own pick in every round but fifth and the sixth. Seattle sent its fifth-round pick to Kansas City for safety Kelcie McCray and its sixth-rounder to Detroit for cornerback Mohammed Seisay. Seattle acquired an additional seventh-round pick in the trade that sent running back Christine Michael to Dallas before the start of the season. That trade was conditional, but if the reported terms were accurate, the condition was met.

The Seahawks made another trade, sending wide receiver Kevin Norwood to Carolina, but that was for a conditional pick in 2017.

Here's a round-by-round look at the selections Seattle is expected to have along with OverTheCap.com's projections on the three compensatory picks:

Round 1: Own pick (26th overall)
Round 2: Own pick
Round 3: Own pick, projected comp. pick (Maxwell)
Round 4: Own pick
Round 5: Projected comp. pick (Carpenter), own pick traded to KC (McCray)
Round 6: Projected comp. pick (Smith), own pick traded to DET (Seisay)
Round 7: Own pick, additional pick acquired from DAL (Michael)

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting highlight video - but someone may remember that in a 3 minute video, it shouldn't take a minute before the highlights start.