• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2019

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really impressed by Washington State LT Andre Dillard while watching the Senior Bowl. WR Isabella is another kid who looks like a nice slot WR type. Ohio State WR/ST's guy McLauren has impressed me at practices and also in this game ... 4th - 6th rounder type. Daylon Mack at DT has impressed on the Defensive side.

I could see Dillard being our pick also. Would be a bit of a reach but I could see it.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dillard, because of the lack of depth at the top of the draft for Tackles, I think will be a Top 20 pick. I'd be shocked if he made it to 25. Legit athlete with great feet and stoned every pass rusher lined up against him during practices.

Deebo Samuel reminds me of Golden Tate; built like a running back, runs great routes and has tough YAC ability. For those who liked Tate when he was here and the skill set he has, Deebo is your guy. Like him a lot.

Really impressed with Nasir Adderley and Rock Ya-Sin (best name in the draft) CB out of Temple... both are athletic and more than held their own at the Senior Bowl.

My guy Max Scharping (OT from Northern Illinois) had some strong reps at Tackle last week, held his own against some really good rushers. I saw him more as a guard but he might have some potential as a swing Tackle in the NFL, maybe a good gamble in the 4th round if he makes it there...

Tyre Brady (WR from Marshall) also looked good with consistent reps last week, I'd be interested to see what he runs at the Combine - keep an eye out for him.

Khalen Saunders (DT, Western Illinois) and LJ Collier (DE/DT, TCU) also stood out to me when I watched them, could be nice mid-round guys to look at for depth on the line.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be interesting to see how it shakes out, but if guys like Dillard go top 20 due to need we may have some really good DT or DE prospects slide to 26.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not impressed with this year's OL class ... at least not for what we need which is a pass protecting LT to replace Peters. Dillard from what I've seen fits the best for what we need which is a LT. Many of these other prospects are better fits for RT or as run blocking LT's. Even the consensus top Tackle Jonah Williams isn't a given imo ... at least not as a pass protecting Left.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Hopefully, we get a DT or DE with the first pick, and then whichever isn't with the 2nd pick. With our 2nd #2 pick, we get the BPA at either RB, WR, or S. I think Howie will get a solid backup LT in free agency. We have a lot of FA's leaving, so we'll have cap room to get some decent players.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Hopefully, we get a DT or DE with the first pick, and then whichever isn't with the 2nd pick. With our 2nd #2 pick, we get the BPA at either RB, WR, or S. I think Howie will get a solid backup LT in free agency. We have a lot of FA's leaving, so we'll have cap room to get some decent players.

Our Cap situation is nowhere near as bad as people are saying. I have a Cap Situation thread which I will post tonight or tomorrow night. When all is said and done we should have between 22-30 mil to spend in free agency and that's already taking into account the money set aside for draft picks. At the moment (taking into consideration the new Cap for 2019) we are "projected" 12.6 over ... for starters though, not picking up the Foles 20 mil option (or tag and trade) alone turns that projected 12.6 over to 7.4 mil under.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep an eye on this Small School RB ... electric

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a rumor - Foles (sign & trade) + #25 + #54 to Jacksonville for: Fornette + #7.
Like?

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a rumor - Foles (sign & trade) + #25 + #54 to Jacksonville for: Fornette + #7.
Like?
I heard this on the Mike Miss show. Is there any place other than there that this has been brought up?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like?
I would be all over this. Hell yes! That would resolve our RB issue along with a stud player at 7.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like?
Not only would I do this trade, but if even consider trading that seven and move back a few spots to regain a better spot in second round. If that DT out of Bama is taken before seven, I'm looking to move back a few spots to get back a nice return.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like?

I would be down for that trade as well
so basically the trade is this:
Foles for the player the Eagles pick at #7
Fournette for pick #54

That seems like a pretty good deal to me

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver.
John Elway traded up for QB bust Paxton Lynch and it's not a great QB draft. Case Keenum came back to journey-man status after having his one hit wonder decent year with the Vikings. The Broncos have a few extra picks this season and may want to solidify that QB spot.

Another team to watch out for could be New England ... they could structure a deal where Foles learns the system under Brady next year and takes over in 2020 if Brady finally hangs em up.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not impressed with this year's OL class ... at least not for what we need which is a pass protecting LT to replace Peters. Dillard from what I've seen fits the best for what we need which is a LT. Many of these other prospects are better fits for RT or as run blocking LT's. Even the consensus top Tackle Jonah Williams isn't a given imo ... at least not as a pass protecting Left.

What about Cajuste? I haven’t seen much of him but he is suppose to be purely a left tackle.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Cajuste? I haven’t seen much of him but he is suppose to be purely a left tackle.

I personally wouldn't consider Cajuste in the 1st for our scheme. The good: he has great use of hands and arms; extremely quick and coordinated work in that department. He can keep his opponent off balance with timely and calculated jabs and punches (even as compensation when they initially get by him). The bad: slow feet and average anchor strength (although he wrestles well and understands leverage). In college you can get away with slow feet at LT, but that will be much harder in the pros. Does not do a good job when asked to block on screens (again, due to being slow footed) ... I think he can play LT in the pros, but more so in a traditional scheme which does not require much movement away from his spot. I don't have him graded as a 1st rounder ... more of a mid to late 2nd.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless a true super talent drops for us, Howie will draft a DT, or DE, whichever is the BPA, in the 1st round. And the, the BPA at OT, DT, or DE in the two 2nd round picks. I'm certain, unless a stud player comes here in FA.