• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2019

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not very thrilled with it either. I try to get the BPA, but it seems like The BPA in almost every round was not a position we needed. In some instance I would reach a little, but in most, I kept to the script.

I haven't tried it this year yet. I'm still staying tuned in to the Phils trying to get a superstar signed. Looks like Harper is staying in DC. So, we need Manny (the other Manny). :lol:

I'll get on the draft soon. It will be interesting to see what Howie does in FA, so we can just draft the BPA, and not need. SWe need some studs, not just role players, IMO.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been watching WR film on this year's class and it is loaded!!! I've already written about my man crush earlier in this thread with Hakeem Butler from Iowa State, but this kid from Stanford JJ Arcega-Whiteside really has my attention. His hands are just flat out amazing and he boxes out defenders better than any WR I can remember coming out. He also sets defenders up with great footwork which creates space ... plus he has good deep giddy-up for a guy who's 6'3" 225 lbs. I'm not sure why this kid isn't getting more 1st Rd love. The list of impressive receivers just goes on and on though ... Ole Miss' AJ Brown who often takes a back seat to freak athlete team-mate DK Metcalf, reminds me a bunch of Reggie Wayne. While Metcalf could end up being the next TO, Brown imo is the surer receiver. At worst I see him as a top notch #2. Oklahoma's Marquise Brown is a mix between TY Hilton and DeSean Jackson ... absolutely love him. Arizona State's N'Keal Harry is another Alshon Jeffery ... huge with tremendous hands and unstoppable on 50/50 balls. Debo Samuel reminds me a bunch of a faster Anquan Boldin ... plenty of others including Kelvin Harmon from NC State, Andy Isabella from UMass, Lil-Jordan Humphrey from Texas and Paris Campbell from OSU ... all who all could receive consideration in Rd 2 or 3. No shortage of great options for the Eagles this year at the position if they want to snag one or even two of these guys for Carson Wentz!

I think Whiteside can be a 1st rounder. I really like Isabella as a slot guy, who will be a pest for the opponents. He could be another Edelman.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a load of film on Oklahoma RT Cody Ford tonight and wow! this kid is really good! Moves way better than he looks like he can move for his size and unlike some other Olinemen I've watched tape on, he is really hard to budge when bull rushed. Great at mirroring defenders in pass protection and once he gets his mitts on you it's over. Plays hard way past the whistle and always finishes his blocks. In the run game he is excellent, even though Oklahoma passes a ton, he looks right at home driving defenders back and sealing them off as a run blocker. On screens he also gets the job done ... light feet despite being close to 340 lbs.

If by chance the plan is to move Lane Johnson to the Left side when Peters is gone ... I would give serious consideration to taking Ford at 25 if still there. Honestly after watching his tape I find it hard to believe teams who need a RT or Guard would let him slide past the top 20 picks.

I called dibs on him first! I brought him up in an earlier post - he is a very physical player who really stood out the first time I watched him early in the year. I think he'd do fine at Tackle but move him to Guard and he will make All-Pro. Brandon Brooks 2.0.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't tried it this year yet. I'm still staying tuned in to the Phils trying to get a superstar signed. Looks like Harper is staying in DC. So, we need Manny (the other Manny). :lol:

I'll get on the draft soon. It will be interesting to see what Howie does in FA, so we can just draft the BPA, and not need. SWe need some studs, not just role players, IMO.
Where did you see Harper is staying in DC? That is really the player I wanted, because he is a great player and it would hurt the nats.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched just about every Delaware Safety Nasir Adderley tape available online and I'm ready to make him and Eagle! This kid just loves contact and is relentless. The most impressive play I saw was on punt return D where he was the first guy to the returner and just missed getting the guy after diving at him ... he then proceeds to get up and chase the guy down from behind about 70 yards later the other way to prevent the return TD. Just everything about this kid I love ... instincts, cover ability, aggressiveness. The only knock is that level of competition, but then again he was one of the best players during Senior Bowl Week, so that's another check mark!

How drafting Adderley would impact the team? Well, with McLeod coming back it would allow Adderley to start his career as the #3 or #4 Safety. Jenkins isn't getting any younger and McLeod is no spring chicken either, he can learn under 2 really good role models at the position. It would allow DB Avonte Maddox (who flashed nice potential) to concentrate more at Corner (even though he would still see time at Safety). Our Corners would fall into place as we can have an open competition between Mills (coming back from injury), Maddox (likely starter at one Corner), R Douglas (might end up the other starter), Cre'Von LeBlanc (showed surprising potential) and Sidney Jones (also coming back from injury). With Adderley in the mix and everyone else healthy we may not need to do anything else in the 2ndary.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched just about every Delaware Safety Nasir Adderley tape available online and I'm ready to make him and Eagle! This kid just loves contact and is relentless. The most impressive play I saw was on punt return D where he was the first guy to the returner and just missed getting the guy after diving at him ... he then proceeds to get up and chase the guy down from behind about 70 yards later the other way to prevent the return TD. Just everything about this kid I love ... instincts, cover ability, aggressiveness. The only knock is that level of competition, but then again he was one of the best players during Senior Bowl Week, so that's another check mark!

How drafting Adderley would impact the team? Well, with McLeod coming back it would allow Adderley to start his career as the #3 or #4 Safety. Jenkins isn't getting any younger and McLeod is no spring chicken either, he can learn under 2 really good role models at the position. It would allow DB Avonte Maddox (who flashed nice potential) to concentrate more at Corner (even though he would still see time at Safety). Our Corners would fall into place as we can have an open competition between Mills (coming back from injury), Maddox (likely starter at one Corner), R Douglas (might end up the other starter), Cre'Von LeBlanc (showed surprising potential) and Sidney Jones (also coming back from injury). With Adderley in the mix and everyone else healthy we may not need to do anything else in the 2ndary.
What are your thoughts on Kendall Sheffield @Rey ? He's a burner for speed and probably will go second round my guess?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your thoughts on Kendall Sheffield @Rey ? He's a burner for speed and probably will go second round my guess?

Excellent speed and improved as the year went on. Still has to do a better job of finding the ball ... too often he doesn't turn around while the ball is in the air. I still haven't looked at any of his tape, but watched pretty much every OSU game as my wife is a Buckeye. I figure on size and speed alone he won't get past day 2 ... needs to tighten up some areas of his game, but the long term potential is there.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see how he does at the Combine. He has the speed for sure. I haven't seen any scouting comments about him yet. Is he a track star, or a football player? We'll know more later this month. If nothing else, he could turn out to be a dynamite KR, and maybe a PR. I think he needs a lot of coaching to learn technigues, etc. He's worth a shot, but I doubt we'll use a 2nd round pick on him, IMO.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is my guy. He was a well kept secret but I doubt he escapes the first round now. His upside is higher than Jenkins meaning he has a chance to be better. Love this kid. He should be an Eagle!

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles have picked up the option on Foles. Assuming he gets traded, what do you expect to receive in return? I’m thinkin second rounder all day. This pick could be a future starter!

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Whiteside can be a 1st rounder. I really like Isabella as a slot guy, who will be a pest for the opponents. He could be another Edelman.

I really like Whiteside too. In another system he is probably a lock of a 1st rounder. Not sure he fits in with the Eagles tho. He is of the same mold as Alshon and Mack. He may be better than both eventually but we need speed. :deadhorse:

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depending on how you look at this, could be a blessing in disguise - Top 20 talent that we could possibly get in later rounds, if we are willing to lose a year and redshirt him for 2020.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depending on how you look at this, could be a blessing in disguise - Top 20 talent that we could possibly get in later rounds, if we are willing to lose a year and redshirt him for 2020.

Exactly the thought I had as I read the tweet. He will go later now and if we are positioned we could get him there. Maybe Edge becomes the 1st round priority now? (I have no clue)

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wide Receiver is THE #1 priority AND the #2 priority, with running back also in the 2nd round.

If Carson Wentz is going to be the elite QB of the NFL, he NEEDS weapons other than Ertz.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wide Receiver is THE #1 priority AND the #2 priority, with running back also in the 2nd round.

If Carson Wentz is going to be the elite QB of the NFL, he NEEDS weapons other than Ertz.

This is one of the best WR Drafts that I can remember ... however we need help in many areas like OL and DL. LT Peters is old and can't stay healthy (50/50 of retiring) ... we don't really have an established LG. RG Brandon Brooks may start the year on IR and C Jason Kelce has hinted at retirement. On the DL we don't know what the team plans are with Jernigan and we're likely to lose DE Graham in free agency.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the best WR Drafts that I can remember ... however we need help in many areas like OL and DL. LT Peters is old and can't stay healthy (50/50 of retiring) ... we don't really have an established LG. RG Brandon Brooks may start the year on IR and C Jason Kelce has hinted at retirement. On the DL we don't know what the team

plans are with Jernigan and we're likely to lose DEGraham in free agency.
if we take WR, sign me up for DK Metcalf. Dude is a beast.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot depends upon free agency. As of right now I think the 3 top picks should be: DT; DE; and OT. After that, yes we need a RB and WR. The Birds always stress strength in the lines.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot depends upon free agency. As of right now I think the 3 top picks should be: DT; DE; and OT. After that, yes we need a RB and WR. The Birds always stress strength in the lines.
I have a hunch we take an edge rusher at 25. My dark horse pick would be DreMont Jones if DT.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rd 1 I would take the best player available at OL or DL. WR is so deep that there will be value at that position in Rd 2 where we have two picks.

I do agree though that we need help at WR for Wentz ... I don't think Tate will be back and aside from a big play here and there Agholor is way too up and down. I would actually take a 3rd rounder in trade for Agholor if someone would offer it ... he's scheduled to make around 9.5 mil on his 5th year option. He can't produce as an outside receiver and Wentz is actually more comfortable with Jordan Matthews in the slot who we can resign for a fraction of what Agholor makes. We need to get a true outside running mate for Alshon early in this draft and probably a slot guy later in the draft to help work the slot with Matthews if neither Tate or Agholor are back.