• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think you meant can't be salvaged?

No...I think with some proper coaching, he may be able to right the ship. I only saw him twice this year and both times his arm angle/footwork were all over the place. I heard former QB Jim Miller on Sirius mention the same thing. I don't think he's too far gone for him to get righted, but who really knows.

I'll say this...I personally wouldn't take a chance on him if was a FA however.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No...I think with some proper coaching, he may be able to right the ship. I only saw him twice this year and both times his arm angle/footwork were all over the place. I heard former QB Jim Miller on Sirius mention the same thing. I don't think he's too far gone for him to get righted, but who really knows.

I'll say this...I personally wouldn't take a chance on him if was a FA however.

oh ok.

Your opinion is fine, but it just seems contradicting? His mechanics must be poor because it ain't helping him to this point. You personally wouldn't take a chance on him which makes sense, he's a lousy QB with poor mechanics.

BUT, you also feel he can be coached up, and able to right the ship? If this is true, wouldn't you take a chance on him? For myself, don't want Bortles at all, but just didn't get this part of your post.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh ok.

Your opinion is fine, but it just seems contradicting? His mechanics must be poor because it ain't helping him to this point. You personally wouldn't take a chance on him which makes sense, he's a lousy QB with poor mechanics.

BUT, you also feel he can be coached up, and able to right the ship? If this is true, wouldn't you take a chance on him? For myself, don't want Bortles at all, but just didn't get this part of your post.

I think you'd have to have the right guy in place to do it. They just went through a bad run with Bradley, a defensive-oriented guy, and I don't really know who their offensive staff consists of. It's why I prefer the Niners to go offensive in their coaches for the time being because we'll need a QB, and pretty much immediately. Get the guys who work that side of the ball who can pick guys from college that they think can transfer to the pros, and when they get there, actually know what to work on to make their transition much cleaner.

The problem with Bortles is that he's always had the same staff around him, and if anything, is firmly entrenched in what he's been taught. He may be already too far gone when it comes to fundamentals, and I wouldn't want to take a chance on him based on that, despite our supposedly offensive-minded HC.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think you'd have to have the right guy in place to do it. They just went through a bad run with Bradley, a defensive-oriented guy, and I don't really know who their offensive staff consists of. It's why I prefer the Niners to go offensive in their coaches for the time being because we'll need a QB, and pretty much immediately. Get the guys who work that side of the ball who can pick guys from college that they think can transfer to the pros, and when they get there, actually know what to work on to make their transition much cleaner.

The problem with Bortles is that he's always had the same staff around him, and if anything, is firmly entrenched in what he's been taught. He may be already too far gone when it comes to fundamentals, and I wouldn't want to take a chance on him based on that, despite our supposedly offensive-minded HC.

I know what you mean, for instance Alex Smith has become very serviceable with KC. With the same type of team we had 4 years ago we saw what Alex could do but we never got a chance to enjoy it when we finally got a good coach. If Jim Harbaugh took over for the Jags (which isn't happening) They would be in the playoffs next year especially if they had our full staff that we use to have. Bortles has looked like Kap in our 8-8 season which Harbaugh and it was time for Bradley to go.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ok

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley just isn't a HC type coach. I would take him as DC.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news guys jags win we lock up the #2 pick and if browns win and we lose we got the #1 pick

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tennessee edge rusher Derek Barnett (No. 9): He's been more productive and consistent as a pass rusher this year than Garrett. Barnett has 12 sacks; Garrett, who missed three games, has 8 1/2, 4 1/2 of them coming last month against UT San Antonio.

Michigan edge rusher Taco Charlton (No. 33): Charlton also has 8 1/2 sacks this season, including 2 1/2 in Michigan's double overtime loss to Ohio State.

Florida State pass rusher Demarcus Walker (No. 44): Coaches in the ACC voted him the conference defensive player of the year after he tied for the FBS lead in sacks with 15.

Alabama edge rusher Tim Williams (No. 56). He has 8 1/2 sacks on the season and seems a lot like the pass rushers the Seattle Seahawks have drafted/signed in recent years.

Good to see there are other Edge rushers besides Garrett. What round or when in each round i don't know, but there are others. Last year there wasn't much rated in the first two rounds.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One Steeler fan here believes it's almost a certainty that they rest Ben, Bell and Brown for a good part if not the entire game against Cleveland. I have to cheer on the Browns....again.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very good class with talent. Lets hope with our 1st 2 picks we can pick some starters and studs. We can really use it. Will be interesting to see what way we go.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you were the Niners would you trade the 2nd overall pick to the Browns for the Browns second first round pick which could be about 8th-10th, there 2nd round pick and next years first?
We are losing the 2nd overall pick so its worth all that in return.

Niners get: Browns second first round pick(Peppers/Jackson) there 2nd round pick(Watson) & (Our own pick JuJu Smith-Schuster) (and Brown 2018 first round)

Browns get: The second overall pick in this years draft
(Garrett and Trubisky)

This writer on NinerNation basically stole my idea in trade options at bottom lol
How Jimmy Garoppolo becomes a 49er

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kaaya (Miami) im watching his bowl game as we speak and this guy can make all the throws

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This writer on NinerNation basically stole my idea in trade options at bottom lol

You know I could at least get behind trading for Garoppolo and hiring McDaniels as the head coach. I'd want a well known brilliant minded Defensive Coordinator, but the 49ers could do a lot worst. Going the above route lets them do something else with the #2 pick in the draft as well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

i think we should go into the next off-season thinking there are TWO big needs, not three. We should focus on solving QB and Edge rusher. Filling QB is going to be hard without top rated prospects, so not saying 'force' a QB higher than his evaluation. Thinking two allows us to focus resources on two better players.

Regarding a trade for Garapollo, not so sure he is good enough for high 2nd and 3rd round picks? Our draft slot the following season, isn't going to be low either. Next, how many free agent QB's have done well with their new team? This season it was Ostweiler and Bradford, can't think of any from the previous season? Further back Palmer did well in Arizona. i THINK history shows most good QB's are developed (this needs organizational stability), not obtained via free agency.

Not making a strong opinion against Garapollo, but my first reaction is no.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why people are fixating on Jimmy Garoppolo....simply because he may be had if/when the Pats put him on the block, and SF needs a QB. I just can't get past previous expats like Mallett and Cassell....who did practically nothing once out of NE (save the one fluke year by Cassell in KC), or others like Kevin Kolb and Matt Flynn. I'm pretty sure NE also envisioned JG to be the guy to take Brady's place, so they're gonna either try something to keep him, or wait out for some sucker to throw picks at Billy Belly's feet.

Not interested....unless we get him for a 3rd rounder or something like that....and that's not happening.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was stumbling around looking at some Niner news and I found that Adam Schefter was on some Boston radio station yesterday and stated that the Patriots starting point in a deal with Garoppolo is a first and fourth round pick.

Yah?

No.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, I was stumbling around looking at some Niner news and I found that Adam Schefter was on some Boston radio station yesterday and stated that the Patriots starting point in a deal with Garoppolo is a first and fourth round pick.

Yah?

No.

yep, especially being we pick #2 in EACH round.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, especially being we pick #2 in EACH round.

Yeah....just tell NE to hold on a minute and wait till we keep trading back, collecting multiple firsts and seconds and whatnot.....maybe I'll be convinced to give them something at the bottom over those rounds, while still picking somewhere mid-first.

Some team will probably do it however....just better not be SF.