• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....just tell NE to hold on a minute and wait till we keep trading back, collecting multiple firsts and seconds and whatnot.....maybe I'll be convinced to give them something at the bottom over those rounds, while still picking somewhere mid-first.

Some team will probably do it however....just better not be SF.

I haven't followed this really closely but unless some team just jumps right in, at some point NE is going to have to start lowering their demands. NE is very salary cap cautious. Obviously they are or they wouldn't even be shopping Garapolo. At some point he will be a free agent and teams will offer him a contract NE will not want to match so he walks and NE gets nothing but comp picks I guess

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't followed this really closely but unless some team just jumps right in, at some point NE is going to have to start lowering their demands. NE is very salary cap cautious. Obviously they are or they wouldn't even be shopping Garapolo. At some point he will be a free agent and teams will offer him a contract NE will not want to match so he walks and NE gets nothing but comp picks I guess

Unless somehow....given that NE is well under the cap...that he takes a handshake deal with the Pats figuring that Brady might be done in a year or two. The Pats are in a bind because I believe they want him to be the successor, but didn't envision Brady staying at the level he's at going into his 40's.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kentucky C Jon Toth — Unlike in recent years, this is actually a pretty good year for center prospects. Toth is a mauler who earned the respect of the NFL-caliber Bama defensive line with a feisty effort; top-10 pick Jonathan Allen spent most of the game brawling with Toth and the guards and called Kentucky one of the most physical lines Bama had faced this season. Toth is a four-year starter, and this will be his 48th consecutive start. We think he’ll be a sneaky-good Day 3 pick who outplays his draft status.

Alrighty then, on Day 3 we can use a good Center. Even if not Toth, seems like there will be Centers available on Day 3.

Just can't understand how Marcus Martin managed to stick?!

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think we should go into the next off-season thinking there are TWO big needs, not three. We should focus on solving QB and Edge rusher. Filling QB is going to be hard without top rated prospects, so not saying 'force' a QB higher than his evaluation. Thinking two allows us to focus resources on two better players.

Regarding a trade for Garapollo, not so sure he is good enough for high 2nd and 3rd round picks? Our draft slot the following season, isn't going to be low either. Next, how many free agent QB's have done well with their new team? This season it was Ostweiler and Bradford, can't think of any from the previous season? Further back Palmer did well in Arizona. i THINK history shows most good QB's are developed (this needs organizational stability), not obtained via free agency.

Not making a strong opinion against Garapollo, but my first reaction is no.
Drew Brees would be the best ever I saw because its been more than 5 years to judge if he was actually good and he has become great in New Orleans
That definitely scares me especially with the Patriots their guys who leave do not do well away from the hoodie

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah....just tell NE to hold on a minute and wait till we keep trading back, collecting multiple firsts and seconds and whatnot.....maybe I'll be convinced to give them something at the bottom over those rounds, while still picking somewhere mid-first.

Some team will probably do it however....just better not be SF.
The Browns could risk it based on them having two first round picks what do they have to lose

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do they have to lose

Given the recent Browns history? If I'm Cleveland, I tell NE the same thing.....as in wait till we trade back and get a 1st rounder to work with late in the round. No way would I give up the #1 or the other high (#6? #8?) first rounder they have. Or something like swapping first rounders with NE and Jimmy G.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time I get to watch Mitch Trubisky. Good first drive, good last drive, the rest was kinda meh. Some poor reads and decisions, but he showed me some things on the final drive. The 2 point conv. had no chance. Solid footwork, arm and pocket control, yet lacked accuracy on a lot of deeper throws. I despise that offense that he operates, but I tried to focus in on what he does.

As of right now, I can't see any reason why SF would even consider him with their first rounder, and if they did.......fark.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are officially on the clock barring a trade. Niners will have 2nd pick.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Trubisky. Cousins would be a good pickup but the cost would probably be too high.

Well right now the 49ers are probably going to need to spend money to reach the cap floor.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns could risk it based on them having two first round picks what do they have to lose
I agree I think they go Garrett and then QB.

So what do we do at #2. Do we grab a QB(not a fan of this) or draft Allen(who i think is a beast and the best all around player at his position). Garrett is the top player but Allen is good at everything. He is suppose to be a warren sapp type player at the NT/DT position. Good at run stopping and rushing the QB. What a game he put on against Wash.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are officially on the clock barring a trade. Niners will have 2nd pick.
What happens if we Land Josh and Nick Caserio, Patriots(Pats Duo) u think they would want to go after Jimmy as their QB. No way I give up a 1st or 2nd for him but maybe a 3rd and a 6th. Bring in 3 pats guys and a winning tradition. Not a bad Idea. We then can draft Garrett or Allen on D.

Only negative i dont know how good Jimmy really is. He can be a Flop just like the other Pats back ups that went to be starters.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree I think they go Garrett and then QB.

So what do we do at #2. Do we grab a QB(not a fan of this) or draft Allen(who i think is a beast and the best all around player at his position). Garrett is the top player but Allen is good at everything. He is suppose to be a warren sapp type player at the NT/DT position. Good at run stopping and rushing the QB. What a game he put on against Wash.

Assuming Garrett is taken #1 and there is no viable QB........ i'd draft Allen if he is our clear BPA. It is difficult to take another DL, but we have to look at it over his career. We can't look at only next season and think we already have Buckner and Armstead.

BTW - Not saying Armstead isn't good, but am saying he hasn't shown much to date. He was reportedly doing well in the off season, which is good. But really, he is still a little unproven as a mid 1st round pick.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if we Land Josh and Nick Caserio, Patriots(Pats Duo) u think they would want to go after Jimmy as their QB. No way I give up a 1st or 2nd for him but maybe a 3rd and a 6th. Bring in 3 pats guys and a winning tradition. Not a bad Idea. We then can draft Garrett or Allen on D.

Only negative i dont know how good Jimmy really is. He can be a Flop just like the other Pats back ups that went to be starters.

I think the Pats want a 1st and a 4th. That's what the Vikings gave up for Bradford. Garoppolo has very limited starts and is unproven. It could be the system that they run at New England. I would give a 2nd and a 5th and the Patriots in return give Garoppolo and a 4th round pick. I wouldn't mind McDaniels and Caserio. They can bring the winning "culture" of the Patriots to the Niners. I only said "culture" one time unlike Jed, who said it sixteen times in his presser.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Pats want a 1st and a 4th. That's what the Vikings gave up for Bradford. Garoppolo has very limited starts and is unproven. It could be the system that they run at New England. I would give a 2nd and a 5th and the Patriots in return give Garoppolo and a 4th round pick. I wouldn't mind McDaniels and Caserio. They can bring the winning "culture" of the Patriots to the Niners. I only said "culture" one time unlike Jed, who said it sixteen times in his presser.

Garoppolo makes me nervous for the same reason you stated...lack of stats/limited playing time. I'd rather eat another spoon full of shit next season provided we have someone capable at the helm for the draft and FA and build it that way. I'd rather try and set us up for the future, because as of now we are not a signal caller away from being competitive. We also need hands to throw the ball to which thus far Baalke has failed to deliver us.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I could warm up to Garoppolo...but it's gotta be a the right price and it would ease certain feelings if they also brought McDaniels and his offense so he'd have less of a transition.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming Garrett is taken #1 and there is no viable QB........ i'd draft Allen if he is our clear BPA. It is difficult to take another DL, but we have to look at it over his career. We can't look at only next season and think we already have Buckner and Armstead.

BTW - Not saying Armstead isn't good, but am saying he hasn't shown much to date. He was reportedly doing well in the off season, which is good. But really, he is still a little unproven as a mid 1st round pick.
Tr

Yes but Imagine a Line for years to come of Buckner, Allen and Armstead. WOW. I still think we need to improve our LBs BIG time. I think Armstead has been ok. They said he was the best DL in preseason then that injury happen and he lost his strength. Year 3 is big for him.

I do think we can get a Quality QB in the 2nd rd. The problem who is going to groom this kid?

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garoppolo makes me nervous for the same reason you stated...lack of stats/limited playing time. I'd rather eat another spoon full of shit next season provided we have someone capablr the draft and FA and build it that way. I'd rather try and set us up for the future, because as of now we are not a signal caller away from being competitive. We also need hands to throw the ball to which thus far Baalke has failed to deliver us.

That was 2012 when Baalke tried to force a pick for a WR. That draft as it has turned out was really weak for wideouts. Looking back on it, only Jeffrey and Hilton have had decent careers, Hilton being a 3rd round pick. That was the draft I wanted the Niners to select Janoris Jenkins, not A.J. Jenkins. Baalke also selected LaMichael James in the 2nd rd. What a disaster. :L In a way, I would rather have the Niners select a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Niners need to hit on their picks on the next two drafts. Hopefully, win a handful of games next year and keep drafting players who can contribute. Maybe in three years, Niners can make the playoffs.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tr

Yes but Imagine a Line for years to come of Buckner, Allen and Armstead. WOW. I still think we need to improve our LBs BIG time. I think Armstead has been ok. They said he was the best DL in preseason then that injury happen and he lost his strength. Year 3 is big for him.

I do think we can get a Quality QB in the 2nd rd. The problem who is going to groom this kid?

I'm hoping that whoever is the head coach can bring someone to develop the QB that the Niners pick in this upcoming draft. i agree that they need to draft a couple of LBs. Really need to improve the defense which was so atrocious this past season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tr

Yes, If we just go by Need it is LB's on D, a pass rushing OLB to start with. We are supposedly getting more comp picks for this April, so we can add another (ILB) in the 4th or 5th round?

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that whoever is the head coach can bring someone to develop the QB that the Niners pick in this upcoming draft. i agree that they need to draft a couple of LBs. Really need to improve the defense which was so atrocious this past season.

Yes please...no knock on Garappalo, but Ponder and Gabbert have more experience than he does. We're gonna have to take the old school approach and really be smart in the draft...no more triage unit drafting, it just won't work for our situation. We need young talent (find those gems in the later rounds, dare to not be sexy ie Zenner in Detroit) that we can nurture and mold into cohesive defensive and offensive units with the existing pieces that we already have.