• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes please...no knock on Garappalo, but Ponder and Gabbert have more experience than he does. We're gonna have to take the old school approach and really be smart in the draft...no more triage unit drafting, it just won't work for our situation. We need young talent (find those gems in the later rounds, dare to not be sexy ie Zenner in Detroit) that we can nurture and mold into cohesive defensive and offensive units with the existing pieces that we already have.

Agree. No more MASH unit drafting. We cannot afford any redshirts. Niners need able bodies on the field to get reps and experience. Maybe get lucky in the middle rounds and find a couple gems (Redskins 2015 4th rd, Jamison Crowder WR, Dolphins 2015 5th round, Jay Ajayi RB). Really need to hit the first two round and find starters.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. No more MASH unit drafting. We cannot afford any redshirts. Niners need able bodies on the field to get reps and experience. Maybe get lucky in the middle rounds and find a couple gems (Redskins 2015 4th rd, Jamison Crowder WR, Dolphins 2015 5th round, Jay Ajayi RB). Really need to hit the first two round and find starters.

I'm hoping our new GM shares the same thoughts. We'll hopefully have a viable duo in the new GM and HC, a shit ton of cap room, and get this thing steered in the general direction of up...then we can build on that in terms of attracting solid FA's to supplement the next two drafts (at a minimum). Yea we'll probably get served another shit sandwich next season...have to eat it and say "mmmmmmmmmmmmm"...but that's the cost of our prior management and ownership.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tr

Yes but Imagine a Line for years to come of Buckner, Allen and Armstead. WOW. I still think we need to improve our LBs BIG time. I think Armstead has been ok. They said he was the best DL in preseason then that injury happen and he lost his strength. Year 3 is big for him.

I do think we can get a Quality QB in the 2nd rd. The problem who is going to groom this kid?
That's been out problem not drafting the BPA and just grabbing whomever. We should have Garrett or Allen no matter what and if its Allen out DLine could be dominate

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That was 2012 when Baalke tried to force a pick for a WR. That draft as it has turned out was really weak for wideouts. Looking back on it, only Jeffrey and Hilton have had decent careers, Hilton being a 3rd round pick. That was the draft I wanted the Niners to select Janoris Jenkins, not A.J. Jenkins. Baalke also selected LaMichael James in the 2nd rd. What a disaster. :L In a way, I would rather have the Niners select a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Niners need to hit on their picks on the next two drafts. Hopefully, win a handful of games next year and keep drafting players who can contribute. Maybe in three years, Niners can make the playoffs.
LOL I wanted Janoris also

I wanted Dez Bryant instead of Anthony Davis as well, we have been messing up in the draft for a while now

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MCL/ACL redraft, if we could redraft the BPA available when we drafted injured guys we could of had a lot of nice players.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Next year we will have a fairly easy schedule, AFC South and NFC East we could easily go 3-1 versus the south and 2-2 in the NFC East that's 5 wins right there. Then we play the Bears and Panthers which could be 1-1 that's 6 wins. All we have to do is beat the Rams twice and Cardinals once I assume 0-2 against Settle and that's 9-7. We have to get healthy this offseason and bring in some nice players like Jeffrey's and and Donta' Hightower MLB and pass rusher via free agency.

I think we need to replace Traimaine Brock as well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MCL/ACL redraft, if we could redraft the BPA available when we drafted injured guys we could of had a lot of nice players.

i started on this two years ago, but some posters back then still defended those picks. They're not regular posters now and wouldn't admit to it, but i can't recall anyone agreeing with me back then? TODAY, everyone is saying this same thing.

The concept was ok when he started with Looney followed by Carradine and Lattimore, but by the next season it was already signs of returning zero, nada. The idea is getting great value for waiting one year, but problem was these guys aren't ready the next year. then to make it worse, when they did return (except Lattimore) we still got nothing, zero, nada. DeAndre Smelter?

Not placing Redmond is this category, because he almost played last season. He wasn't targeted for IR on draft day.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i started on this two years ago, but some posters back then still defended those picks. They're not regular posters now and wouldn't admit to it, but i can't recall anyone agreeing with me back then? TODAY, everyone is saying this same thing.

The concept was ok when he started with Looney followed by Carradine and Lattimore, but by the next season it was already signs of returning zero, nada. The idea is getting great value for waiting one year, but problem was these guys aren't ready the next year. then to make it worse, when they did return (except Lattimore) we still got nothing, zero, nada. DeAndre Smelter?

Not placing Redmond is this category, because he almost played last season. He wasn't targeted for IR on draft day.

Also selecting Brandon Thomas with the comp pick at the bottom of the 3rd round in the 2014 draft. Another supposedly good value who was injured. Last year drafted Redmond in the 3rd round instead of drafting a QB. Waited until the 6th round to draft Driskel who is no longer on the team. Baalke helped his demise and dug his own grave. What a blessing it is for him to be gone.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also selecting Brandon Thomas with the comp pick at the bottom of the 3rd round in the 2014 draft. Another supposedly good value who was injured. Last year drafted Redmond in the 3rd round instead of drafting a QB. Waited until the 6th round to draft Driskel who is no longer on the team. Baalke helped his demise and dug his own grave. What a blessing it is for him to be gone.

I actually thought Driskel could have been a decent QB if we nurtured him along. We stuffed him on the PS and signed a couple has been's & never will be's and released him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Baalke gone, I think we are done with the ACL redshirt strategy

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll say this again. Most of the ACL picks have not panned out. But really that only masks the real issue and that is with Baalke failing to identify NFL talent overall. When you look at the healthy players drafted, there is still a long list of players who turned out to be crap.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this again. Most of the ACL picks have not panned out. But really that only masks the real issue and that is with Baalke failing to identify NFL talent overall. When you look at the healthy players drafted, there is still a long list of players who turned out to be crap.

I really really wanted LeMichael James to pan out...thought hell...maybe a Sprolls type guy?? Wishful thinking on my part...but yea there is a dirty laundry list of players that did not pan out...and we had some pretty good position coaches during our little playoff run.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yep, that is life of a GM, you either evaluate talent well, or you're out. No one can hit on every pick/decision, but you have to be above "NFL average" to remain a contender. Whether the draft, free agency, trade, or retaining your own, it all starts with talent evaluation. All the player decisions you make, are based on your evaluation of them.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't fully against the idea of drafting a MASH unit, because when it started, we were somewhat loaded talentwise. I'll cut Baalke some slack here because nobody could see 43 Niners retiring on the same day, but there was no excuse for that logic to continue when everyone knew the talent had been severely depleted.

I'm pretty sure we have little to worry about whomever is pulling the trigger come April in that regards.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No. 2 San Francisco 49ers: Mitch Trubisky, QB, UNC
It’s hard picking for a team currently without a general manager or a coach, but we know the 49ers are trying to press reset on their organization. To begin, they’ll need a quarterback to build around. Trubisky, a junior with only one season as a starter in college, is not as polished as Jared Goff or Carson Wentz were at this point last year. But he has enough good traits (among his best: accuracy and arm strength) to get excited about. If Trubisky declares, I like him either here or in Chicago.

Wow, tough call when he isn't as polished as Goff or Wentz BUT, i REALLY like that his strength starts with accuracy.

This lack of polish and only one year of starting, is saying he needs to sit a year, really sit. Again, TOUGH call for our GM, but that call comes with being GM.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No. 11 New Orleans Saints: Takkarist McKinley, LB/DE, UCLA
The Saints must address their pass rush (or lack thereof). McKinley is one of the college football season’s biggest risers. Here’s what one of The College Column’s Anonymous Scouts said about McKinley in October: “Terrific speed off the edge. Perfect for a 3-4 linebacker in the NFL. Could be the next DeMarcus Ware. Freak athlete. Ran a 10.58 in the 100-meter.” Tell me he doesn’t sound like a good fit for New Orleans.

Not writing off QB's, but if we don't go there my opinion is pass rusher next. MAYBE this guy becomes our BPA?

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really like the guy from Miami Hurricanes Kaaya, I guess if we took the coaching candidates the top three are McVay, Shannahan and McDaniels if you take a look at those guys they have great teachers McVay has his grandfather and John Gruden, Shannahan has his dad and McDaniels has the hoodie. Shannahan will more than likely go to Denver so that leaves McDaniels and McVay. Which of the QBs in the draft are similar to the QBs that they are currently coaching? These guy like smart accurate quarterbacks who are proven leaders. Brady and Cousins are that who in the draft fit that mode?

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would the Bears want to trade?

Would the Bears get desperate and trade their 3rd overall pick and their second or 3rd round pick to us for our 2nd overall so they can land Trubisky?

If you are the Niners would you do it? I would because you can still get Trubisky or Allen with the 3rd pick.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would the Bears want to trade?

Would the Bears get desperate and trade their 3rd overall pick and their second or 3rd round pick to us for our 2nd overall so they can land Trubisky?

If you are the Niners would you do it? I would because you can still get Trubisky or Allen with the 3rd pick.

I don't think I would take it...Allen is worthy of the 2nd pick...Trubisky isn't worth the 2nd or the 3rd IMO. The addition of Allen would make our DL filthy. I'd be willing to bet that QB's fall into the 2nd and 3rd rounds...there's no clear cut "pro ready" guy and I think that people will be a little gun shy to reach after last years "reachy" draft.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swapping the 2nd for the 3rd overall and gaining a second round pick? I think I'd take that.