• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know what you mean, all I know is we need starters with our first 2 picks

ordinarily, i wouldn't expect a 2nd rounder to be a an immediate starter. But since this would be the second pick of the 2nd round, i guess this expectation isn't THAT bad.

I would think the 3rd rounder could contribute something too, depending on the spot? If it is an ILB for example, he'd have a chance to play. A NT would have a chance.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ordinarily, i wouldn't expect a 2nd rounder to be a an immediate starter. But since this would be the second pick of the 2nd round, i guess this expectation isn't THAT bad.

I would think the 3rd rounder could contribute something too, depending on the spot? If it is an ILB for example, he'd have a chance to play. A NT would have a chance.
have to get really lucky

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I used to play GM when I was a kid. Somehow I was able to always make great draft picks and trade a bunch of scrubs for stars. Cohn gets to do it and gets paid for it. Good for him.

However, anyone who suggests signing Jay Cutler greatly undermines his own credibility. Cutler is a certifiable loser; at age 33 he isn't going to learn to improve his decision making or correct any of the other many flaws he has, no matter what Cohn says.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to play GM when I was a kid. Somehow I was able to always make great draft picks and trade a bunch of scrubs for stars. Cohn gets to do it and gets paid for it. Good for him.

However, anyone who suggests signing Jay Cutler greatly undermines his own credibility. Cutler is a certifiable loser; at age 33 he isn't going to learn to improve his decision making or correct any of the other many flaws he has, no matter what Cohn says.

I agree. Cutler is not who I want around a young team you are looking to mold.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yes he has a great job lmao

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree. Cutler is not who I want around a young team you are looking to mold.
Kurt Cousins would be nice so the Redskins will have to franchise him or let him walk. Wish they could do a sign an trade like the NBA and the Redskins can have our 3rd round pick to let us have Cousin since they may not want to pay him all that money.

I want the Niners to draft Mike Williams that can be out Julio Jones

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt Cousins would be nice so the Redskins will have to franchise him or let him walk. Wish they could do a sign an trade like the NBA and the Redskins can have our 3rd round pick to let us have Cousin since they may not want to pay him all that money.

Yes, need a legitimate #1 WR and a QB obviously

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I wouldn't mind Cousins. I think he would be a nice upgrade. We can still draft a QB in rd 2 or 3 to sit for a couple of years.

I think Browns are going Garrett with the #1 pick and QB at #12. So what do the 49ers do? No way we take a QB at #2.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I wouldn't mind trading down to grab him. Thats only if Garrett isn't there. I don't like anyone at #2.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Shanahan is really aboard, then I can be more accepting towards a QB direction. Say...if he goes for a trade for Cousins (which I have been against) or drafting a guy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go after Cousin but depends what they would want. Also Jordan Reed is a FA and I think he would be a good pick up and a good pairing with Cousin.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go after Cousin but depends what they would want. Also Jordan Reed is a FA and I think he would be a good pick up and a good pairing with Cousin.

The problem with Reed is his inability to stay healthy. Cousins will probably end up signing with the Redskins. I wouldn't mind if the Niners traded back if Mike Williams if available. But I have a gut feeling that the Titans are eyeing him since they need a #1 receiver. If the Niners are stuck at #2, then draft either Garrett or Allen.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some clown on the NFL channel has the 49ers picking some Polack QB from North Carolina with the #2 overall pick.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that most think it's completely over reaching for a QB at the #2 spot. All I can really say is that I feel more comfortable with that pick with Shanahan as HC than I would say.....almost any defensive-oriented HC.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some clown on the NFL channel has the 49ers picking some Polack QB from North Carolina with the #2 overall pick.

For me it is too dangerous with only one year of starting experience. Isn't this the same situation with Caseson Wentz, Blake Bortles and Paxton Lynch?

The next question is what kind of offense did NC run? the stats might be inflated if it was a spread offense. Or otherwise an offense that throws a lot of short passes, like WR screens.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem with Reed is his inability to stay healthy. Cousins will probably end up signing with the Redskins. I wouldn't mind if the Niners traded back if Mike Williams if available. But I have a gut feeling that the Titans are eyeing him since they need a #1 receiver. If the Niners are stuck at #2, then draft either Garrett or Allen.

I get impression Mike Williams doesn't have enough explosiveness? In the game against Alabama, he didn't seem to be open? He was clearly good at 'contesting' for the ball, but wasn't open?

We'll see how it goes in the combine.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing is we would have a good #2 behind Reed. Reed would give us that red zone threat and stretch the middle of the field. I think he is worth the risk especially in shanahan offense. He already knows it. I only do this move if we get cousins.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about the more I want to trade back unless Garrett is there. If we get cousins I would go after Mike Williams and hopefully by trading back we pick up another 2nd rd pick. That way we can move back in the 1st or have 2 high 2nd rd picks to fill other holes like OLB,Dline, MLB and CB.

I also would like to draft a RB in 3rd or 4th rd. We need better option behind Hyde. I want to have a combo RB system like Atlanta.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it is too dangerous with only one year of starting experience. Isn't this the same situation with Caseson Wentz, Blake Bortles and Paxton Lynch?

The next question is what kind of offense did NC run? the stats might be inflated if it was a spread offense. Or otherwise an offense that throws a lot of short passes, like WR screens.
Yep. North Carolina probably had more talent last year than the 49ers did as well. I certainly hope they don't pick him.