• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here is a list of the top ILB in the upcoming draft. Maybe the Niners can get one of them in the 3rd round.

WalterFootball.com: 2017 NFL Draft: Inside Linebacker Rankings

Yes, someone (doesn't need to be an ILB) who is projected to be a solid starter over his career. So under THIS mock scenario, i'd rather take Foster over McCaffrey in Round 2.

An OLB (Edge Rusher) would be even better, but realistically the "can't miss prospects" are long gone by Round 2. Doesn't mean we can't draft an OLB in round 2, but the odds of panning out "SOLID", drops.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, someone (doesn't need to be an ILB) who is projected to be a solid starter over his career. So under THIS mock scenario, i'd rather take Foster over McCaffrey in Round 2.

An OLB (Edge Rusher) would be even better, but realistically the "can't miss prospects" are long gone by Round 2. Doesn't mean we can't draft an OLB in round 2, but the odds of panning out "SOLID", drops.

I think Foster is projected to go top 15. Maybe the Niners could trade down and select him and get another draft pick. Need to get WR in this draft. Nothing has panned out and Kerley is the only reliable receiver. T. Smith has to go, Patton has been a disappointment. We all know the Niners need a QB, but maybe get the other pieces in place first. Maybe the Niners get lucky like the Cowboys did with Prescott. Lightning could strike twice.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Foster is projected to go top 15. Maybe the Niners could trade down and select him and get another draft pick. Need to get WR in this draft. Nothing has panned out and Kerley is the only reliable receiver. T. Smith has to go, Patton has been a disappointment. We all know the Niners need a QB, but maybe get the other pieces in place first. Maybe the Niners get lucky like the Cowboys did with Prescott. Lightning could strike twice.

No question we could use a dynamic WR too.

Yeah, even if we don't draft a QB in Rounds 1 or 2, we should still look for value afterward. In this mock Kaaya in Round 3 is a good example of "QB afterward" (don't know about Kaaya himself). I'd even consider drafting two QB's, one mid and one late, IF good value is still there.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB unless we trade down or sign one!! Garrett will go to Browns.

I'm still reticent to go with a QB at #2. If we don't trade down (which I think we might), we have to go with the PBA if it's a need position...we need starters. A lot can happen with the amount of picks that we have combined with our salary cap position though. This coupled with the fact that we still haven't officially nailed down a HC or GM, so there's another variable in the mix as well. At this point it's really going to be based on those two guys and where they see our needs as to where they want to shape the team.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking about the HIGH 2nd round, this isn't where you take a second RB, return man, or whatever swiss knife. This is where you target a solid, every down starter.

I agree to some extent...but a 2nd RB//return man//swiss army knife type of guy is also one of our glaring holes...one brick at a time to build a building.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of Niner fans would take a 'head-scratcher' or so.....if you get Garrett in the first?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to get Garrett at #2 I just don't think that will happen, that chance went out the window when they beat the Rams. If they can't trade down I would probably take Allen out of Alabama because he is the best player available.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree to some extent...but a 2nd RB//return man//swiss army knife type of guy is also one of our glaring holes...one brick at a time to build a building.

ok, we'll agree to disagree on this second pick of Round 2.

Note, some bricks are more important because they form the foundation. Some bricks higher up are nice to have now, but i prefer laying the foundation first.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would love to get Garrett at #2 I just don't think that will happen, that chance went out the window when they beat the Rams. If they can't trade down I would probably take Allen out of Alabama because he is the best player available.

Ok, if he is our BPA, yeah i'd take him despite Buckner and Armstead.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, we'll agree to disagree on this second pick of Round 2.

Note, some bricks are more important because they form the foundation. Some bricks higher up are nice to have now, but i prefer laying the foundation first.

Guess my only point was...we need a lot of bricks...and they all have to be seasoned before they make an impact.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Guess my only point was...we need a lot of bricks...and they all have to be seasoned before they make an impact.

yeah ok

Just that i thought we were talking about one brick......that draft scenario where we take McCaffrey in Round 2.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah ok

Just that i thought we were talking about one brick......that draft scenario where we take McCaffrey in Round 2.

Hahaa...so many bricks fuc#in bricks!! In that scenario I don't mind the pick simply because I think we'll be picking high (or relatively high) in next years draft. That coupled with who knows what the new HC and GM will want to do or who they'll be able to reel in as far as FA's go. The other side of the coin is that I'm a total Stanford homer hahaa...but if you were able to see any of his games, the kid is a straight up baller...electric in the open field. I think he could be converted to a slot receiver who could cause problems.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hahaa...so many bricks fuc#in bricks!! In that scenario I don't mind the pick simply because I think we'll be picking high (or relatively high) in next years draft. That coupled with who knows what the new HC and GM will want to do or who they'll be able to reel in as far as FA's go. The other side of the coin is that I'm a total Stanford homer hahaa...but if you were able to see any of his games, the kid is a straight up baller...electric in the open field. I think he could be converted to a slot receiver who could cause problems.

yeah, no problem. we'll agree to disagree on this item.

No doubt there are simply too many needs now, and we haven't even gotten to depth. We can only look at this rebuild as 'year over year', not draft like we do in fantasy football. Successful teams have continuously good drafts, with 'good' being relative to other teams. We all know not every pick pans out.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, no problem. we'll agree to disagree on this item.

No doubt there are simply too many needs now, and we haven't even gotten to depth. We can only look at this rebuild as 'year over year', not draft like we do in fantasy football. Successful teams have continuously good drafts, with 'good' being relative to other teams. We all know not every pick pans out.

Absolutely, so we do agree at least in terms of having to have a good succession of drafts...as for the upcoming draft...we'll have to see what the new GM & HC have in mind as far as strategy goes. I'm all about filling glaring needs (QB, ILB, WR,) as well as going BPA when it's our turn regardless what our draft position is (staying put or trading down) but I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing someone like McCaffery. He might be a brick that fits in up higher on the building that makes more sense next season. All I can say is, we can all really at this point just hope for the best.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Absolutely, so we do agree at least in terms of having to have a good succession of drafts...as for the upcoming draft...we'll have to see what the new GM & HC have in mind as far as strategy goes. I'm all about filling glaring needs (QB, ILB, WR,) as well as going BPA when it's our turn regardless what our draft position is (staying put or trading down) but I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing someone like McCaffery. He might be a brick that fits in up higher on the building that makes more sense next season. All I can say is, we can all really at this point just hope for the best.

All drafts are critical but particularly this one, because there are no QB's on our roster. Technically, Kaep still is but don't see him remaining. Also don't see us signing Cousins or other FA designated as our new starter. We'll almost surely add a FA QB in the Thad Lewis level, but don't see a 'blockbuster' signing. Thus drafting one - or two - QB's make it EXTRA interesting.

To finish off that draft scenario, for all i know McCaffrey is our BPA in Round 2. :-)

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember that the 9ers will be rebuilding so no need to sign any FA who wants big money. We are at least 3 years out if we get the HC and GM that can make it work.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Taylor Gabriel can be our WR when Shannahan comes in, we could have Kerley in the slot and Gabriel as one of the other starters or vice versa

Falcons WR Taylor Gabriel is gearing up for free agency

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3